****Official St. Mirren v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

13 minutes ago, Bestie said:

No your eyes are fine ,I didn't day he was A better keeper  fodderingham has made more blatant mistakes(howler)  than any  of the keepers mentioned  fact.

Not to mention his recent cammyesque one 

Not good enough I'm afraid 

Maybe Think about It and read properly before posting 

He's also made more meaningful saves and game winning saves in one season then any of them in 3 years combined

Very very disappointing at the way we are able to concede goals so easily, it's also frustrating at times at our reluctance to shoot on sight, we tend to over cook the passing around the box, however if we do overcome hivs in the final all will be forgotten and we will be world beaters again, we seriously need to sort our defending out for next season or we could find ourselves struggling from the off.

36 minutes ago, Bestie said:

No your eyes are fine ,I didn't day he was A better keeper  fodderingham has made more blatant mistakes(howler)  than any  of the keepers mentioned  fact.

Not to mention his recent cammyesque one 

Not good enough I'm afraid 

Maybe Think about It and read properly before posting 

I honestly don't know what to say to you. I'm struggling for words.

I'm not disputing that Foderingham has had some howlers, but to compare it to Bell is incredibly unfair.

Foderingham's worst in a meaningless game at Easter Road came three days after he had played a significant part in us winning the Old Firm game and a week after he has assisted us in securing our return to the SPL. Add to that, the Perrofac Cup.

Bell's came at Fir Park in what can only have been described at the time as a hugely important fixture.

I think you've had enough internet for today. Log-off.

Today's performance was yet another poor one in a recent spell of matches.  In the last 10 games we have won only 3, drawn 4 and lost 3.  Scored 21 goals but conceded 18.    Our standard of play has dropped considerably and when that happens in a run of games it is often very difficult to regain form.   I'm really disappointed with our central defence and central midfield.  I had expected Davie Weir to get the CBs to tighten up but they just don't look the part.  Every ball into our box strikes panic and we cannot defend corners or free kicks.

2 hours ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Need a better keeper and defence next season tbh, Tav and wallace will be fine as we could have two CDM'S next season. I would defend them if it is only one or two mistakes, however it happens all the time. Pretty much every single game there has been at least one mistake from the defence. It really ain't good enough!

We still need two quality central defenders. 

22 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Today's performance was yet another poor one in a recent spell of matches.  In the last 10 games we have won only 3, drawn 4 and lost 3.  Scored 21 goals but conceded 18.    Our standard of play has dropped considerably and when that happens in a run of games it is often very difficult to regain form.   I'm really disappointed with our central defence and central midfield.  I had expected Davie Weir to get the CBs to tighten up but they just don't look the part.  Every ball into our box strikes panic and we cannot defend corners or free kicks.

The two CB's are just not good enough.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

This is how we improve, get better players in CB and Wilson and kiernan have to up their game....if they don't they are squad players until they leave the club. It's brutal, especially if the players have bonded, but that's how you get better.

easier to think of it if you treat it like Fifa ratings. Let's say Wilson is 67band kiernan 68 and we can sign someone at 70, then you'd play the 70 and expect the 67 and 68 to improve their game or accept they won't play as often. This will be happening across the whole squad but there are some who won't be replaced I.e. Wallace and McKay but you need real competition for them to keep them improving.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

This is how we improve, get better players in CB and Wilson and kiernan have to up their game....if they don't they are squad players until they leave the club. It's brutal, especially if the players have bonded, but that's how you get better.

easier to think of it if you treat it like Fifa ratings. Let's say Wilson is 67band kiernan 68 and we can sign someone at 70, then you'd play the 70 and expect the 67 and 68 to improve their game or accept they won't play as often. This will be happening across the whole squad but there are some who won't be replaced I.e. Wallace and McKay but you need real competition for them to keep them improving.

I can't understand how people think Wilson isn't good enough , he broke into a spl league winning side at 17, played in champions league, played in English premier league , played in Europa league. He's won the everything in Scotland , him and Kiernan need protection . 

Ps the guys probly the best passer of a ball at the club too

43 minutes ago, daverfc13 said:

I can't understand how people think Wilson isn't good enough , he broke into a spl league winning side at 17, played in champions league, played in English premier league , played in Europa league. He's won the everything in Scotland , him and Kiernan need protection . 

??????????????????????

1 hour ago, daverfc13 said:

Apart from being lackadaisical.slow as fuck.uncommitted in the tackle and fuckin hopeless in the air ,aye your right we've got a winner .

The worrying thing for me is that when we went 2-1 up with only two mins remaining I wasn't confident we could hang on to it. The Celtic result papered over the cracks. Even before that game we were shipping goals far to easily.

Same folk as usual trying to cover the cracks of that shite performance and result.

"Players trying not to get injured"

"game means nothing"

"We will pump hivs"

arrogance and dillusional views, we have been woeful ever since we beat the taigs. Warburton has 3 times said we would put it right but it's the same thing time after time. We have a chance at European football but we are playing like its a forgone conclusion and we will just turn up n lift the cup, it's going to bite us on the Arse.

You can't just switch a button and play like world beaters over night, it's all about form and ours is stinking. If the Rangers that have played the last 3 games turn up in the final we will be left to look like utter tits.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Same folk as usual trying to cover the cracks of that shite performance and result.

"Players trying not to get injured"

"game means nothing"

"We will pump hivs"

arrogance and dillusional views, we have been woeful ever since we beat the taigs. Warburton has 3 times said we would put it right but it's the same thing time after time. We have a chance at European football but we are playing like its a forgone conclusion and we will just turn up n lift the cup, it's going to bite us on the Arse.

You can't just switch a button and play like world beaters over night, it's all about form and ours is stinking. If the Rangers that have played the last 3 games turn up in the final we will be left to look like utter tits.

There's a line somewhere in between.

Performances have been poor but there have been external factors that will affect the performances.

I don't think the Scottish cup is won but I also don't believe we'll play in the final as we have in the last four games. We all just need to calm the beans.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

There's a line somewhere in between.

Performances have been poor but there have been external factors that will affect the performances.

I don't think the Scottish cup is won but I also don't believe we'll play in the final as we have in the last four games. We all just need to calm the beans.

What's the factors?

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What's the factors?

- lack of competition for places

- lack of (perceived) importance of league games due to league being won

- young squad where many have not been in the position where they have won the league but expected to win every game

- players dealing with fan and media expectations something they aren't used to

- players believing after beating Celtic they can show up and win

all of these could have a bearing on how the players are prepared mentally. Whatever we think of their playing abilities the above is bound to have an effect.

how many of you put in 100% at work on Christmas Eve? It's only natural that stuff like this will happen. As long as Warburton understands that a Rangers team should be winning every game and that anything less isn't good enough them I'm sure the guys will learn, some quicker than others.

edit: maybe external was the wrong word 

3 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I honestly don't know what to say to you. I'm struggling for words.

I'm not disputing that Foderingham has had some howlers, but to compare it to Bell is incredibly unfair.

Foderingham's worst in a meaningless game at Easter Road came three days after he had played a significant part in us winning the Old Firm game and a week after he has assisted us in securing our return to the SPL. Add to that, the Perrofac Cup.

Bell's came at Fir Park in what can only have been described at the time as a hugely important fixture.

I think you've had enough internet for today. Log-off.

Bell has made very few mistakes in the games he's played albeit his mistake in the playoffs is one of the worst I've ever seen 

It's irrelevant if there is anything at stake in a game or not there's not a  player that would want to embarrass himself in anyway 

Not sure what kind of narrow minded imbiscile you are but wake up and smell the roses 

Despite your praise for fodderingham I would be very surprised If he's first choice next season in fact I'll be putting me bet on it 

Goodnight sleep tight