Can You Help A Wee Bear To Get To America For An Operation?

mark adair

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'd hope the club can get something fixed up for him. 

It's a huge target to reach but a full house on match day at 3 quid each could sort this 

If only 1% of Rangers Fans Worldwide donated just 20p each, we'd smash the target.

So we should take it country by country.

First up - Namibia.  Total RSC Membership - 2  (NamibianBear, and the postman who stole his Rangers top!)

Right you two - gimme 20p!

:lol:

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

If only 1% of Rangers Fans Worldwide donated just 20p each, we'd smash the target.

So we should take it country by country.

First up - Namibia.  Total RSC Membership - 2  (NamibianBear, and the postman who stole his Rangers top!)

Right you two - gimme 20p!

:lol:

Did he get his top knocked? :lol:

4 minutes ago, mark adair said:

How about this, have a wee poster made up and put up at every turnstile asking for there help of a £1 donation from everyone going to the game on ether side. Only a thought. As you have said there are what 400000 atleast at a game. 

I know a wee poster...

me_and_my_wee_pal_joe_zpsvo4gbkse.jpg

(Thanks to Airplane for that one! :P )

1 hour ago, DESGER said:

What about the club emailing every season ticket holder with details of this and asking for £2 donation? That would go along way to the total or as I said on the other thread what about the RFFF using some of the money?

That is a fantastic idea mate, I would say everyone with a Rangers number if possible.

We just need to get someone to facilitate that and that seems to be problem. Hopefully the message will get through to the right person at the Club soon. (tu)

56 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Sadly the Club wouldn't be able to do anything like that.  It would be a misuse of customer data. :(

But if the Club did get behind the campaign, there are still plenty of ways that they could help spread the word.

If only I h as read this post before replying to DESGER :(

36 minutes ago, mark adair said:

awe nice one. Was talking to some of the boys at work about doing a bike ride from the west coast to the east coast so will need to get some charity to back us. Will probably kill me but anything is worth a try ?

You have probably tried this but how about contacting as many rich celebs as you can. You might just get one or two who is willing to help your family out.  There may even be one or two who need positive PR and give a decent wedge towards your total(you may not want your boy to be used for someone else's gain but if it gets him treatment I'm sure you could live with it). Even if they just retweet it(not got Twitter is that the technical term?) then you could reach hundreds of thousands of people.

Also have you contacted things like this morning, GMTV, one show or radio stations etc? Can't have enough exposure of the story!

You have probably done/doing most of these but thought I would suggest anyway!

4 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Yes, at the very least, we can start an "ATTENTION ALL NARSA MEMBERS" thread. (tu)

Can you do that G B, you word these things much better than I do. I will of course bump said thread. :thumbup:

Also do you know if any of the organisers are members on R M ? 

38 minutes ago, DESGER said:

You have probably tried this but how about contacting as many rich celebs as you can. You might just get one or two who is willing to help your family out.  There may even be one or two who need positive PR and give a decent wedge towards your total(you may not want your boy to be used for someone else's gain but if it gets him treatment I'm sure you could live with it). Even if they just retweet it(not got Twitter is that the technical term?) then you could reach hundreds of thousands of people.

Also have you contacted things like this morning, GMTV, one show or radio stations etc? Can't have enough exposure of the story!

You have probably done/doing most of these but thought I would suggest anyway!

Yes and there are still more it's an every night tweet section ?

36 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Can you do that G B, you word these things much better than I do. I will of course bump said thread. :thumbup:

Managed to get NARSA to tweet his story and they also followed me so if there is any thing I can do just let me now also vanguard bears,ballieston true blues,do the bouncy loyal and Rangers youth DC for some there's loads of supporters that have RT for me too. Not to clued up on Twitter but managed to tweet lots is celebs to. 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Yeah I'll do that.

25 minutes ago, mark adair said:

Managed to get NARSA to tweet his story and they also followed me so if there is any thing I can do just let me now also vanguard bears,ballieston true blues,do the bouncy loyal and Rangers youth DC for some there's loads of supporters that have RT for me too. Not to clued up on Twitter but managed to tweet lots is celebs to. 

Good stuff!  Hopefully we'll see the momentum pick up again soon. (tu)

31 minutes ago, mark adair said:

Well done Mark. (tu)