Can You Help A Wee Bear To Get To America For An Operation?

mark adair

On 30 April 2016 at 0:29 PM, mark adair said:

My son Joshua burns Adair who like me is a true rangers fan. He has a very rare condition called jeunes thoracic dystrophy and has had his chest expanded twice by great Ormond street. But we have know ran out of resources in this country for the doctors to help. We are trying to get him to America were they have said they can help but we could do with some help from our fellow gers. Just a small donation at his site would go so far. Please visit his link and read his story thanks for reading Mark and Joshua.

https://www.gofundme.com/joshuaburnsadair

joshua the teddy bear.jpg

Bump ......for the lad's waiting with spare cash who may have missed this appeal ....... all currencies accepted small donations welcome as it all adds up.

:uk: 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Bump ......for the lad's waiting with spare cash who may have missed this appeal ....... all currencies accepted small donations welcome as it all adds up.

:uk: 

£1645

I thought we'd get it to £1690 without much effort.  I had already set my sights on £1872. :(

Let's hope these buggers get steaming tonight!:P

https://www.gofundme.com/joshuaburnsadair/

11 hours ago, govanblue said:

£1645

I thought we'd get it to £1690 without much effort.  I had already set my sights on £1872. :(

Let's hope these buggers get steaming tonight!:P

https://www.gofundme.com/joshuaburnsadair/

Now £1725  (tu)

That rise is down to those Good Bears over on FollowFollow though - not us lazy bastards. :P

Still - at least £1872 is now within reach.

So if any of you did anything naughty last night - here's your chance to atone! :thumbup:

9 hours ago, mark adair said:

Got the 6 person tour ticket and the Mark warburton signed photo today so will let you all know once I have sorted out where and when they will be auctioned. 

If someone on Followfollow offers to host your auction, go with that, as they probably have a better, wider setup for that than we do.

If they do, we can monitor it here, and if any of our members want to bid, we can just PM you on here.  

I was reading this story from July 2012.

Seems the Doctors didn't think he'd make it past a few weeks. (He'll be 5 next month.)

But the Wee Fella knows, probably better than most of us, the true meaning of No Surrender! 

Operation agony for the baby with the 56 million-1 chance of survival

joshua-adair-image-1-119109371.jpg

The family of a baby with a 56million-to-one chance of survival have been left devastated after a life-saving op was cancelled with two days' notice.

Joshua Adair has Jeune's syndrome - a rare form of dwarfism that stopped his ribcage developing.

He has no rooms for his lungs to grow and his chest would literally crush the life out of him.

The five-month-old was due to travel to Great Ormond Street Hospital today, where surgeons were to build him a new chest.

Joshua's Glaswegian dad Mark and mum Amanda were getting ready for the trip when they got the bad news.

Mark, 35, said: "Joshua's operation was scheduled for Thursday but we've been told there has been an emergency and as a result there are no beds available so the surgery has been cancelled.

"We're just devastated. Every day Joshua survives is a miracle and we don't know when he will now get this chance again.

"All our hopes were pinned on this and now we are back to waiting again. It's heartbreaking."

Doctors told Joshua's parents it was unlikely their baby would survive more than a couple of weeks after his birth and the family held a christening in the hospital days after he was born.

But five months on, Joshua is proving the experts wrong and thriving, despite being hooked up to oxygen 23 hours a day.

The youngster faces several ops to build and expand his ribcage as he grows older.

Mechanic Mark lives with his partner Amanda and their fiveyear-old son Ethan in Stockport, Greater Manchester.

The couple were recovering from the stillbirth of a baby girl Chloe last year when Amanda fell pregnant again.

Her 20-week scan revealed their new baby had problems but they agreed to hope for the best.

Joshua is on a ventilator 23 hours a day and has remained in Stepping Hill hospital, Stockport, since his birth in June.

Mark said: "Everyone warned us Joshua may not live but he has proved a wee fighter.

"We know it's a tough road ahead and Joshua will face many operations but we have to give him every chance. We are just desperate to get on with it."

Joshua's paediatrician at Stepping Hill, Dr Carrie Heal, said: "Jeune thoracic dystrophy is very rare and there have only been around 125 reported cases since it was first described in 1955."