Can You Help A Wee Bear To Get To America For An Operation?

mark adair

2 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Good to hear things are going well Mark and that your boy is good.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has approached the club or fan groups because if anything they have a greater ability to reach out to many. The RFF is going to spend lots on a wee stand at the academy which will simply make things more comfortable for the players families and coaches. Its the sort of thing that can wait in comparison to your son. The club could have one of those tick boxes like they do for charity when you buy a ticket except it would be for Joshua's surgery.

I know the club probably don't like to get to involved with these things as so many need a help but your son has a unique case. How unfortunate is it these days to have a serious condition that the NHS don't cover. This is one of the most advanced country's in the world so its sad to find there are things this serious were you still need to be rich to get treatment.

Sort of thing that makes your blood get warm when you think we let people become billionaires for selling tracksuits yet our NHS can't afford to save our children.

Great effort by all the boys on here though. Govan Bear and his helpers are also putting the big charity foundations to shame with their efforts on a much smaller medium. Keep it up lads, you make me feel proud and humble :beer1:

:cheers:

Great post mate ..... you would need to read this thread from the beginning to see the avenues that have been explored by GB and many more (some you have mentioned) to see the fantastic efforts by all concerned with young Joshua's plight.

Most avenues are being tapped as we speak, and it takes some doing keeping up with all the good that has and is coming from all concerned in these different projects.

None more so than From Mark and his wife, who have been (naturally) unstinting in their far flung attempts to keep the dream alive that Joshua will be made well .... their belief is truly amazing.

Perhaps if you have contacts in the Manchester area that may help to unlock some more routes (as the family are from your neck of the woods) that Mark does not have access to.

If you have it would be another step closer to America for them all ..... if not then just do what most of us are doing and help with whatever spare Pounds you have .... it all helps mate.

:uk:

My cuz from America has just sent me this if any of you have a large email list could you give it a try. Not to sure of things like this but worth a try. 

This was on the 9:00 o'clock news the other night and this works. THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS FOR REALPLEEEEEEASE READ it was on the news!This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user)? For a two weeks time period.For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it
on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and ! for every third person that
receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft
will contact you for your address and then send you a check.RegardsCharles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations
1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX
292-1085I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving
this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my
address and within days, I receive a check for $24, 800.00. You need
to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this,
Bill gates is the man.It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many
people as possible.

2 hours ago, mark adair said:

My cuz from America has just sent me this if any of you have a large email list could you give it a try. Not to sure of things like this but worth a try. 

This was on the 9:00 o'clock news the other night and this works. THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS FOR REALPLEEEEEEASE READ it was on the news!This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user)? For a two weeks time period.For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it
on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and ! for every third person that
receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft
will contact you for your address and then send you a check.RegardsCharles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations
1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX
292-1085I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving
this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my
address and within days, I receive a check for $24, 800.00. You need
to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this,
Bill gates is the man.It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many
people as possible.

Not too sure about this Mark .... as they can be pretty convincing when putting this type of stuff out there. 

I tend to steer clear, and I'm wary of these kind of "get rich quick" type of things due to, "if it seems too good to be true .... it probably is".

But as people are not being asked for money up front or being asked for personal bank details ..... it may be worth a shot .... but only if your cousin has identifiable proof from someone who has actually received these cheques.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

Not too sure about this Mark .... as they can be pretty convincing when putting this type of stuff out there. 

I tend to steer clear, and I'm wary of these kind of "get rich quick" type of things due to, "if it seems too good to be true .... it probably is".

But as people are not being asked for money up front or being asked for personal bank details ..... it may be worth a shot .... but only if your cousin has identifiable proof from someone who has actually received these cheques.

Because of the concerns we all have for getting young Joshua the treatment he needs, I did not comment on the post above when I read it, I did not want to be negative, but you have said it better anyway. (tu)

I would agree that @mark adair cousin would need confirmation that they are paying out, because it seems a strange story to me, seems too good to be true as you say. :unsure: 

This post is covered by 'I might well have got this wrong and could look a right prat when I am proved wrong at a later date' which would be great because the Joshua fund would have got a great boost. :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Because of the concerns we all have for getting young Joshua the treatment he needs, I did not comment on the post above when I read it, I did not want to be negative, but you have said it better anyway. (tu)

I would agree that @mark adair cousin would need confirmation that they are paying out, because it seems a strange story to me, seems too good to be true as you say. :unsure: 

This post is covered by 'I might well have got this wrong and could look a right prat when I am proved wrong at a later date' which would be great because the Joshua fund would have got a great boost. :thumbup:

Very true that's why I was looking for some advice as I have seen these things before my self and they have been a lot of BS thanks for your in put guys. 

6 hours ago, mark adair said:

blah blah blah, complete bullshit email.

Sorry Mark, this is a complete scam.  Please don't you or anyone else respond to it.

It's called the Bill Gates email hoax...

http://hoaxes.org/weblog/comments/bill_gates

58 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Aye, no doubt it will turn out they need your bank info to give you the money. Or malware nicks your details. I always give these things a miss too mate. If anyone tries it they should do it from a library or something.

Seen a guy on TV who lost hundreds because he replied to some lot saying he had inheritance to collect from Africa. The fact he had no history of relations over there didn't put him off :lol:

1 hour ago, William McBeath said:

Aye, no doubt it will turn out they need your bank info to give you the money. Or malware nicks your details. I always give these things a miss too mate. If anyone tries it they should do it from a library or something.

Seen a guy on TV who lost hundreds because he replied to some lot saying he had inheritance to collect from Africa. The fact he had no history of relations over there didn't put him off :lol:

(tu)

On a lighter note ..... as the scum are taking up all the free space (and oxygen) at public libraries .... (probably giving their long lost Nigerian relatives their giro details .... along with all the news about their favourite subject .... The Rangers) .... we will not need to worry about this particular scam causing any grief for young Joshua's Fund ...... :D.

3 hours ago, govanblue said:

Sorry Mark, this is a complete scam.  Please don't you or anyone else respond to it.

It's called the Bill Gates email hoax...

http://hoaxes.org/weblog/comments/bill_gates

Might be good for each of you to edit / delete your posts. Folk don't always read the previous comments!!

36 minutes ago, Zetland said:

Might be good for each of you to edit / delete your posts. Folk don't always read the previous comments!!

To fall for that nonsense, you'd need to be a complete ...

... Oh Hi Mark!  

:P

To those of us who have seen so many scams and hoaxes before, it's a very obvious hoax.  It's been around for years, and actually made the news some years back.

But desperation clouds perception.  The only people who fall for this, and other more malignant hoaxes and scams, are the people who need for them to be true the most - which is what makes these hoaxes particularly despicable.  

Sadly, Mark falls in to that category, and will find himself clutching at any and every straw that is offered, even the ones that are obviously too good to be true.

Luckily, this is just a hoax, not a scam, so no risk of harm from it.

And luckily, he's got you guys watching out for him too. (tu)