*** RM Erskine Fund – Season 2016/17 - Accounts, Members, Donations, Discussion, Action

Someone (Sorry but I forget the actual poster), made an excellent suggestion ..... that of having "Joshua tins" being present at the cup final for the bears to be able to donate a few quid at the event.

Even if it was literally a few quid the numbers would bring quite a substantial amount that could put a dent in the target required.

People who organise supporters buses could arrange tins to be handed around and then handed in at a prearranged venue (Ibrox?) to be forwarded to Joshua's parents. 

:uk:

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

Someone (Sorry but I forget the actual poster), made an excellent suggestion ..... that of having "Joshua tins" being present at the cup final for the bears to be able to donate a few quid at the event.

Even if it was literally a few quid the numbers would bring quite a substantial amount that could put a dent in the target required.

People who organise supporters buses could arrange tins to be handed around and then handed in at a prearranged venue (Ibrox?) to be forwarded to Joshua's parents. 

:uk:

That would have been gogzy.  He'll be delighted to see someone's actually reading his posts. :lol:

It would be pretty easy to organise some things like that.

People on here just need to ask themself -"which fan group/RSC/bus/lodge/AA Group do I have a connection with?

Then contact that connection and ask them to share the link to today's Sun article, or to pass a tin around their bus.

Anyone who succeeds, tell us here, and we'll add it to the list.

For example, I see one Bear posted this on the gofundme page...

Hi Mark, I'm going to share this link to fellow bears and get Joshua the help he deserves. WATP All the Best from the bears and bearettes of North Lancashire Loyal RSC

That's all it takes. (That and a can passed around the bus)  Easy. (tu)

So,

Who do you know?

9 hours ago, govanblue said:

That would have been gogzy.  He'll be delighted to see someone's actually reading his posts. :lol:

It would be pretty easy to organise some things like that.

People on here just need to ask themself -"which fan group/RSC/bus/lodge/AA Group do I have a connection with?

Then contact that connection and ask them to share the link to today's Sun article, or to pass a tin around their bus.

Anyone who succeeds, tell us here, and we'll add it to the list.

For example, I see one Bear posted this on the gofundme page...

That's all it takes. (That and a can passed around the bus)  Easy. (tu)

So,

Who do you know?

^^^^^^^^^ 

And many thanks to the other 110 Members who have renewed this season.  They all renewed earlier, on the older thread...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/293209-rm-erskine-fund-season-201617-official-thread-donate-now/&page=1

It's time to retire that old thread now, and from now on, this will be the only 16/17 thread. (tu)

Many thanks to Jayzer who has kindly donated 2 tickets for the Rangers Legends v Pompey Legends Help For Heroes Charity Match. :21:

JS72634354.jpg

It's far too far away for any of our local Veterans to get to, but luckily Combat Stress have a Treatment Centre in Surrey, which is only an hour away. (tu)

I figured you'd all be happy if The Fund matched his donation, so we've just bought another 2 tickets for them too.

I doubt that will be enough to persuade @stonefield teddies to come back to us, but it was worth a try. :P 

Cost: £24

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

Obviously I wasn't going to just provide tickets for some random Veterans' Treatment Centre - I had to check out their credentials first...

p1030042_sml.jpg

Tyrwhitt_zpsvihhspof.jpg

tv_room_sports_4_sml_slideLarge.jpg

gym_1_sml_slideLarge.jpg

ot_3_sml_slideLarge.jpg

They passed. (tu)

Spot on.  Pictures full of Blue. The reach of the fund is far.  Well done.  Happy Night tonight.