*** RM Erskine Fund – Season 2016/17 - Accounts, Members, Donations, Discussion, Action

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 8:21 PM, govanblue said:

So now that the LAST EVER RM Erskine Fund Annual Fundraiser is now officially ended (with a whimper rather than a bang!) - we can now resume our activity and conversation on this thread again.

For everything that happened between May 10th and July 17th, see the other thread...

And now on to the fun part...

Does that mean I get to buy you a beer before a game sometime now(tu)

alright lads. We do some charity work for erskine through our sipporters bus and now our somme assn is going to be raise funds for some sort of playpark at erskine care home.

All monies raised go atraight into caring for the residents and they are not allowed to use money to benefit the external areas. It should be ablut providing total care, ie if a grandchild etc is going to visit granda, surely there should be an area in which the resudent can watch their wee ones play.

We are going to be fundraising for it starting in october and just thought i would hughlight this to you for discussion or action.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

alright lads. We do some charity work for erskine through our sipporters bus and now our somme assn is going to be raise funds for some sort of playpark at erskine care home.

All monies raised go atraight into caring for the residents and they are not allowed to use money to benefit the external areas. It should be ablut providing total care, ie if a grandchild etc is going to visit granda, surely there should be an area in which the resudent can watch their wee ones play.

We are going to be fundraising for it starting in october and just thought i would hughlight this to you for discussion or action.

Cheers

Sounds very worthwhle. (tu)

I'm sure lots of our members would be willing to help out in one way or another. 

Just let us know when it gets going. (tu)

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

Sounds very worthwhle. (tu)

I'm sure lots of our members would be willing to help out in one way or another. 

Just let us know when it gets going. (tu)

Will do . Looking to raise up to 10k for full play   keep u posted. 

So after an infernally hot couple of hours stuck in the M8 jam last night, I managed to get to Ibrox just in time for kick off.

I was delighted to see all the Erskine Veterans in their usual seats (plus an extra 4 - 14 in total), having as good a time as the rest of you were - and no need for any blankets last night!

It was also my great pleasure to hand over some medals, certificates and facecloths (??? :D ) to the Erskine Loyal Members. 

Those guys have had to endure more pain and hardship in the last few seasons, than they probably endured in their whole military service :P  - so they definitely deserve some medals!

So 8 of the Most Loyal Erskine Bears each received a Division 3 Medal, a Division 1 Medal and a Championship Medal, 3 "World-Record" Certificates, and a facecloth, to finally dry away the tears. :P

Ersk_Medals_certs_and_facec_zpsjpy28lvv.

I say 8 Bears,  but sadly, it was only 7, after John passed away recently. :(

EBI_04_zpswnmsggz7.jpg

But John earned his medals, even if he is no longer around to receive them in person.

So I took the liberty of posting his medals on to his family.  I'm sure they'll appreciate them. (tu)

Oh, and on a happier note, we even managed to wangle a wheelchair space for Dinger, who was most pleased. :21:

EBI_03_zpsvayrzxjx.jpg

On 18/07/2016 at 9:30 PM, govanblue said:

AWAY TICKET FOR SALE  (to RM Erskine Fund Members only)

East Stirlingshire vs Rangers

Scottish League Cup
Friday, July 22 2016 
7:45pm, Ochilview

You want it?  PM me - quick!

Nobody want this then?

12 minutes ago, govanblue said:

So after an infernally hot couple of hours stuck in the M8 jam last night, I managed to get to Ibrox just in time for kick off.

I was delighted to see all the Erskine Veterans in their usual seats (plus an extra 4 - 14 in total), having as good a time as the rest of you were - and no need for any blankets last night!

It was also my great pleasure to hand over some medals, certificates and facecloths (??? :D ) to the Erskine Loyal Members. 

Those guys have had to endure more pain and hardship in the last few seasons, than they probably endured in their whole military service :P  - so they definitely deserve some medals!

So 8 of the Most Loyal Erskine Bears each received a Division 3 Medal, a Division 1 Medal and a Championship Medal, 3 "World-Record" Certificates, and a facecloth, to finally dry away the tears. :P

Ersk_Medals_certs_and_facec_zpsjpy28lvv.

I say 8 Bears,  but sadly, it was only 7, after John passed away recently. :(

EBI_04_zpswnmsggz7.jpg

But John earned his medals, even if he is no longer around to receive them in person.

So I took the liberty of posting his medals on to his family.  I'm sure they'll appreciate them. (tu)

Oh, and on a happier note, we even managed to wangle a wheelchair space for Dinger, who was most pleased. :21:

EBI_03_zpsvayrzxjx.jpg

Good stuff G B, I think I saw Dinger waiting to go in last night with a helper. Glad you got through the traffic and made the kick off. :541:

24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Good stuff G B, I think I saw Dinger waiting to go in last night with a helper. Glad you got through the traffic and made the kick off. :541:

Yes, you probably did.  Apparently there was a bit of confusion/difficulty because we had more Veterans than Smartcards last night (Blame the Club's backlog of unposted smartcards for that!) 

I am putting various measures in place to make sure that won't happen again. (tu) 

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Yes, you probably did.  Apparently there was a bit of confusion/difficulty because we had more Veterans than Smartcards last night (Blame the Club's backlog of unposted smartcards for that!) 

I am putting various measures in place to make sure that won't happen again. (tu) 

(tu)

Erskine_new_bus_zpsv2xeyhih.jpg 

The Erskine Bishopton Loyal, sunbathing in true British style, whilst enjoying a wee dram, before heading off for a brand new season - and in a brand new bus too!  It's a belter, eh?

If you see the guys in the Albion Car Park - do pop over and say hello.  The Veterans and Staff love meeting RM Fund members :21: 

You never know, they might even offer you a wee dram too.  They have plenty of disposable cups for that very purpose. ;)

Here's Dinger the next day, delighted with his medals and certificates, but obviously worried about where he'll find the wall space for them. :D

Dinger_WRA_zps6gwiuo5o.jpg

51 minutes ago, govanblue said:

The Erskine Bishopton Loyal, sunbathing in true British style, whilst enjoying a wee dram, before heading off for a brand new season - and in a brand new bus too!  It's a belter, eh?

If you see the guys in the Albion Car Park - do pop over and say hello.  The Veterans and Staff love meeting RM Fund members :21: 

You never know, they might even offer you a wee dram too.  They have plenty of disposable cups for that very purpose. ;)

Here's Dinger the next day, delighted with his medals and certificates, but obviously worried about where he'll find the wall space for them. :D

Good stuff. :541:

On 22/07/2016 at 7:45 PM, govanblue said:

Great stuff mate