*** RM Erskine Fund – Season 2016/17 - Accounts, Members, Donations, Discussion, Action

Many thanks to Robert and Kenny from the Erskine Transport Team who selflessly booked some holiday time and drove all the way to Cardiff and back to collect the remainder of our Official Club merchandise from a shed for us.  (Many thanks also to [ ] from Cardiff who has patiently lived without a shed for the last year!!)

As @Bluepeter9 will tell you, that’s a hell of a drive.  Luckily the Erskine guys had it much easier than Bluepeter9 – I wasn’t with them! :pipe:

As thanks for their grand effort, Robert and Kenny, upon their return, were delighted to receive an unexpected bonus in the form of the 2 Bar72 tickets from @KeyserSoze. Despite the poor performance, they were still delighted to get the chance to sit in Bar72, and they pass on their thanks to  Keyser and everyone in the RM Erskine Fund. (tu)

And just as I think I'm about done, I see we've drawn Peterhead at home. 

So I'll need to get on the case to get the smartcards activated, and hopefully get some wheelchair hospitality for Dinger. (tu)

And I'll need to sort out our Lotto Subscription. And Our Rising Stars for the Season. And the brick wording for our 6 Colin Stein Bricks.  And the Rangers TV Subscriptions for the Homes. And the Match Programme Subscriptions for the Homes (still not available!)

Other than that, I can take it easy for a while. :pipe:

17 minutes ago, govanblue said:

So while the rest of you were swanning off to the match or enjoying the fun at the Erskine Gala Day, spare a thought for poor old govanblue who was stuck in an Erskine storeroom sorting though several hundred items of merchandise for several hours.

You might say I deserve a medal for that, and you’d be right. :P

I was delighted, and very honoured to discover that I had been nominated as one of Erskine’s 100 Heroes for 100 Years. :clap:

So halfway through sorting the kit out, I had to stick a tie on and rush over to Erskine Park Home to receive a medal along with some other Erskine Heroes (all far better dressed than me!!)

Every RM Fund Member, past and present has earned a piece of that medal, but I’m not melting it down, so you’ll just have to make do with a scan…

erskine-medal_zpsuxonr4lo.jpg

:thumbup:

Well deserved G B :541: thought we might make it along yesterday but could not fit it in. :(

On 22/04/2016 at 7:15 PM, smidro said:

GB I'll pay the £30 for the chippie visit if it hasn't already been paid for since I've missed the past few fundraisers.

Donation sent.

I forgot to mention that the Veterans finally got their fish suppers.

A somewhat chilly July day in Saltcoats...

saltcoats1_zpszphpbsxj.gif

But that was easily fixed...

chippie3_zpsx62nvyw3.gif

Many thanks to @smidro who paid for 12 of the 13 Fish Suppers. :P

chippie2_zpsbuug6wxk.gif

On 31/07/2016 at 8:53 PM, govanblue said:

So while the rest of you were swanning off to the match or enjoying the fun at the Erskine Gala Day, spare a thought for poor old govanblue who was stuck in an Erskine storeroom sorting though several hundred items of merchandise for several hours.

I was delighted, and very honoured to discover that I had been nominated as one of Erskine’s 100 Heroes for 100 Years. :clap:

So halfway through sorting the kit out, I had to stick a tie on and rush over to Erskine Park Home to receive a medal along with some other Erskine Heroes (all far better dressed than me!!)

Every RM Fund Member, past and present has earned a piece of that medal, but I’m not melting it down, so you’ll just have to make do with a scan…

Congratulations mate?

Many thanks to RangersRadio for their Mightily Impressive £200 Donation. :clap:

It's great to have that level of support from the Best Rangers Fans' Phone-in  Show on Earth. (tu) 

They didn't ask for a shout out, but they're getting one anyway...

Make a date with @FoxintheBox Bridgeman, Oxger and the Crew - and maybe even govanblue! -  for an evening of precise and pernickity post-match ponderings, and probably some pish patter perchance!  -  This Monday at 9pm.

http://rangersradio.online/usercp.php

base.jpeg

So with those 3 unexpected donations from @EKCO @Bears r us and RangersRadio that was a welcome boost to the coffers.

So much so that I've bought another 12 tickets for Tuesday's game.  Cost: £113

So that's a total of 22 tickets for Erskine and 6 tickets for Combat Stress for Tuesday. :21:

On 31/07/2016 at 8:53 PM, govanblue said:

More than deserved GB, there can't be many who devote so much unpaid time to make sure that the Erskine veterans get as many comforts and treats as possible. A deserved award for your efforts for a thoroughly deserving cause.

Many thanks to @Eck the bear for his latest donation.  

He was hoping to pay for one of our Erskine Match Programme Annual Subscriptions, as he does every year, but it looks like the Club may not be offering the annual subscription this season. :(

So Eck has just donated another £60 to The Fund. :thumbup:

If programme subscriptions do become available, we'll use that money to buy one for Erskine.  If not, we'll spend it on match tickets, stadium tours, and anything else we can find worth buying. (tu)

Aw naw!  

Now I have to sit next to @gogzy in the Hall of Fame!  :craphead:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/295270-rm-erskine-fund-–-season-201617-accounts-members-donations-discussion-action/&do=findComment&comment=1063250104

Does anyone know if Gok Wan is a Bear?

:P