The danger of the downtrodden

What we have seen over the last four years and especially blatantly yesterday is a culmination of a fake sense of injustice and grievance harboured by many for no reason and accepted by people who should know better but became either swept up in, or scared of the angry mob.

This treatment of Rangers started in administration, the ridiculous 'transfer ban' handed down, which was scrapped by the courts yet still imposed upon us in the 5 Way Agreement. The rush then to 'punish' the club for perceived wrongs, the reaction to the failure to agree a CVA saw a bloodlust take hold, fans of other clubs in Scotland putting pressure on their own clubs like never before to demand that we were punished again, in fact, the preference would have been for us to be wiped out of existence. Any continuity for Rangers playing in Scottish football was to be handicapped beyond anything reasonable and to be seen as a favour to the club. Our demotion, transfer ban, stripping of prize money, obligation on debts, etc, was never enough, it wasn't even a punishment, it was deemed 'just applying the rules' (not nothing that happened to us was in any rule book apart from the 10 point deduction for going into admin which nobody argued with).

We even ended up accepting basically zero for tv deals that only existed with our fanbase. We were told that we would be seen as doing the right thing, rising through the leagues the long way, that things would be calm when we got back, that we would be seen as acceptable again, as though we should have to.

But then during our rise we saw desperate attempts to change history, and charge us for the privilege of being subject to a witch hunt (compare with Donald Trump - I am going to build a wall to stop the Mexicans getting in, and I am going to make 'them' pay for the wall)

We stumbled at times, and eventually reached the Play Off Final when our defeat subjected us to a nasty, goading from triumphalist fans. Clearly the reaction to this was mealy-mouthed because it was aimed towards Rangers fans, we are the sub-human element of Scottish football, we deserve it, and basically, even when we are clearly the victim of some behaviour, it is not the done thing to take our part.

The authorities took forever to do nothing, and just reinforced the message to the mob that Rangers are fair game, that led to yesterday's appalling scenes. What will happen now will be defining for Scottish football. They can do the right thing and take severe action against Hibs or their fans (cup ban for next season, games behind closed doors, no away fans, points deductions for next season) or they can try to find a way to portion out blame and punish Hibs a little bit more than Rangers. Doing the latter (which is far more likely) will send out a message that should terrify people, it will send out a message that it would be borderline acceptable for our fans to invade the pitch and attack opposition players and staff, and the same message to every other club's supporters.

We hear about zero tolerance for singing naughty songs, but as soon as violence is actually committed we hear excuses and mitigations. (It is why in the space of 24 hours a couple of years ago, a fan was jailed for threatening someone in a tweet, and a player was given a suspended sentence for an actual assault).

The authorities in Scotland have been part of the creation of this problem, and should take responsibility for resolving it, they need to address the view that is perpetuated about Rangers and our fans, or there will be far more serious consequences in the future. We are not evil, sub-human, a cancer in the country, everything that is wrong with Scottish football, the Klan, or whatever other terminology is used to justify the hatred towards us. We are a football club, with supporters, and we deserve to be treated with some respect.

If this doesn't get resolved, I have no doubt we will retaliate, with away games next year at places like Pittodrie, and this whole footballing country will be dragged back 30 years, because of pandering to the anti-Rangers mob.

The sfa with certain club chairmen along with a few politicians, backed by the media, have been helping to instil hatred towards Rangers FC and fans since we went into admin, yesterday saw the result of the hatred pointed at our Great Club.

Was this caused by jealousy or political leanings?/ I don't know, but I do know the groups mentioned above should hang their heads in shame as they have created this hatred towards Rangers FC and Fans which has brought shame on Scottish football and the whole of Scotland as well.

Everything mentioned in the OP is spot on and I honestly believe we will be subjected to hostility everywhere we go next season, to the point that retaliation is inevitable. You can only poke a bear with a stick for so long before it will react and that reaction will not be good for the cunt with the stick. Aberdeen away like mentioned has the potential to be very fiery indeed. 

If this happens in future I'd love it if the Bears kept their discipline and held the line in the stands, and any scummy pitch invaders stupid enough to go too close to us, they get pulled in while we "defend ourselves with reasonable force"

If we could get into the English leagues at the bottom tier in the this new shake-up I'd take it in a heartbeat, absolutely finished with this country.

We are like a bull in a spanish bull run. It's ok (in fact its encouraged) for people to repeatedly spear and stab the bull, every little coward taking their own potshot at an animal that has no one defending it. This is acceptable to those that participate and condone it but if that bull kills someone then outrage and uproar, how could this beast do this? Then the following year it happens again just so everyone can take their anger and frustrations of their own unfulfilled lives out on something that is neither deserving of such treatment but also unable to avoid it as the powers that be never do what is right and put an end to it.

I'm not saying its the same but there are definitely similarities. This country is a mess and its no longer a religious hatred that takes precedence but rather more worryingly a general hatred of the club which is then accepted as there aren't any bad words used.

However, greatness in the face of adversity is the best we can aim for. No one likes us and we don't care. They never have liked us but it was accepted and was banter. Now the fires have been fuelled by a government and governing body intent on punishing those on the one side and casting a blind eye over the other. We will win 55 and we will stick it to them despite all their attempts to crush and destroy us.

It's modern scotland. The whole country has a massive grievance agenda and an almighty chip on its shoulder.

"I can't get a job cause o' thae Tory cunts in Englund" 

Eh no, you can't get a job because you're a junkie who has never been to school. 

1 hour ago, legalbeagle said:

What we have seen over the last four years and especially blatantly yesterday is a culmination of a fake sense of injustice and grievance harboured by many for no reason and accepted by people who should know better but became either swept up in, or scared of the angry mob.

This treatment of Rangers started in administration, the ridiculous 'transfer ban' handed down, which was scrapped by the courts yet still imposed upon us in the 5 Way Agreement. The rush then to 'punish' the club for perceived wrongs, the reaction to the failure to agree a CVA saw a bloodlust take hold, fans of other clubs in Scotland putting pressure on their own clubs like never before to demand that we were punished again, in fact, the preference would have been for us to be wiped out of existence. Any continuity for Rangers playing in Scottish football was to be handicapped beyond anything reasonable and to be seen as a favour to the club. Our demotion, transfer ban, stripping of prize money, obligation on debts, etc, was never enough, it wasn't even a punishment, it was deemed 'just applying the rules' (not nothing that happened to us was in any rule book apart from the 10 point deduction for going into admin which nobody argued with).

We even ended up accepting basically zero for tv deals that only existed with our fanbase. We were told that we would be seen as doing the right thing, rising through the leagues the long way, that things would be calm when we got back, that we would be seen as acceptable again, as though we should have to.

But then during our rise we saw desperate attempts to change history, and charge us for the privilege of being subject to a witch hunt (compare with Donald Trump - I am going to build a wall to stop the Mexicans getting in, and I am going to make 'them' pay for the wall)

We stumbled at times, and eventually reached the Play Off Final when our defeat subjected us to a nasty, goading from triumphalist fans. Clearly the reaction to this was mealy-mouthed because it was aimed towards Rangers fans, we are the sub-human element of Scottish football, we deserve it, and basically, even when we are clearly the victim of some behaviour, it is not the done thing to take our part.

The authorities took forever to do nothing, and just reinforced the message to the mob that Rangers are fair game, that led to yesterday's appalling scenes. What will happen now will be defining for Scottish football. They can do the right thing and take severe action against Hibs or their fans (cup ban for next season, games behind closed doors, no away fans, points deductions for next season) or they can try to find a way to portion out blame and punish Hibs a little bit more than Rangers. Doing the latter (which is far more likely) will send out a message that should terrify people, it will send out a message that it would be borderline acceptable for our fans to invade the pitch and attack opposition players and staff, and the same message to every other club's supporters.

We hear about zero tolerance for singing naughty songs, but as soon as violence is actually committed we hear excuses and mitigations. (It is why in the space of 24 hours a couple of years ago, a fan was jailed for threatening someone in a tweet, and a player was given a suspended sentence for an actual assault).

The authorities in Scotland have been part of the creation of this problem, and should take responsibility for resolving it, they need to address the view that is perpetuated about Rangers and our fans, or there will be far more serious consequences in the future. We are not evil, sub-human, a cancer in the country, everything that is wrong with Scottish football, the Klan, or whatever other terminology is used to justify the hatred towards us. We are a football club, with supporters, and we deserve to be treated with some respect.

If this doesn't get resolved, I have no doubt we will retaliate, with away games next year at places like Pittodrie, and this whole footballing country will be dragged back 30 years, because of pandering to the anti-Rangers mob.

100% LB,excellent post(tu)

Anti british racism is alive and kicking,but there isnt a snowballs chance in hell there will be any holyrood action,not while they railroad us towards independance

The difference in coverage between sky and bbc highlights what facist state this country has become 

Superb from the OP,hit the nail on the head on so many points.

I actually feel totally sick to the stomach today after that nonsense yesterday,and the subsequent cover up.

I can accept the defeat,we never deserved anything from the game,but what i can't accept is the shite that happened afterwards.

I have deactivated facebook and i don't have twitter,i am hoping no cunt tries to noise me up in person regarding the aftermath of the game as i won't be responsible for my actions.

Scottish authorities have let this hatred towards us grow and have actively encouraged it.

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Anti british racism is alive and kicking,but there isnt a snowballs chance in hell there will be any holyrood action,not while they railroad us towards independance

The difference in coverage between sky and bbc highlights what facist state this country has become 

image.png

The one thing that still holds the protestant, unionist loyalist community together in Scotland is Rangers football club the kirk has lost is position in Scotland due to several reason the main one being their left wing liberal views. We will never get a fair crack at the whip in this country as long as we have an SSNP government and a political police force, also Rangers should be issuing a statement saying we will not be accepting any away tickets for the foreseeable future and the supporters clubs should be standing together and refusing to attend away games, next season is going to be hell we will see hatred like never before deprive them of your money make a stand Ibrox only for myself from now on others should do the same. 

1 hour ago, legalbeagle said:

??? excellent piece.

2 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

Great post, more eloquently written than i could.:541: