Media Bias ?

Been watching the STV news all week regarding the trouble after Saturdays match, EVERY clip shown has pictures of Rangers fans charging towards Septic fans throwing bottles,horses on the pitch etc this is obviously footage from the 1980 game and not relevant to the events that took place on Saturday, it makes it look like we were the aggressors.

Lazy reporting, incompetence,or just another attempt at giving us a bad name ?

Well phone them up speak to someone or sent a letter to the head of stv.

Anything you feel is offensive or inaccurate correct these cunts at every point, because they believe their own lies and in 10 years time everyone will say it was all our fault.

As I said report it and shame the cunts on here as you have done. 

Monday and Tuesday the record online  has been particularly interested in  highlighting incidents with Rangers supporters giving the impression this was some sort of 50 -50 incident.

Last night i spoke to a mate down south who said he had watched the game on Sky and afterwards McLeish, McCann and Walker were shocked, disgusted  and  very  damning that this was 100% Hibs fault and the blame lay at their door. 

It appears the Scottish media are totally  conditioned and no more than goose stepping  Rangers hating robots .

Someone at work said to me that the difference was that not every Hibs fan on the pitch wanted to fight but every Gers fan did. I told him to take off his Rangers hating glasses, have a think about what he'd just said and get back to me. 

Still waiting! 

Actually deleted my originally sarcastic response. Yes, there is a media bias. They are actually trying to portray it as a balance in this case, which is utterly wrong-headed. There is no 'faults on both sides just shake hands and get on with it here'. The story isn't even fans fighting, the story is players being assaulted on the pitch. Any attempt to 'balance' this against singing or anything else is utterly ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, smitzer007 said:

Someone at work said to me that the difference was that not every Hibs fan on the pitch wanted to fight but every Gers fan did. I told him to take off his Rangers hating glasses, have a think about what he'd just said and get back to me. 

Still waiting! 

Well technically what he said is the truth but it's a ridiculous effort at spinning what happened.  Never really liked any pitch invasion, just don't get it, but the majority of them i've seen have looked fairly harmless, usually an English club winning a playoff or a league to gain their highest ever position in a certain division.

In cup final though at the national stadium it was ridiculous.  The thing is the whole 114 years excuse being wielded out, is a piece of nonsense.  St.  Johnstone won it for the first time in their history recently which i'm sure is 100+ years.  Hibs also have won a few major honours, won the league in the 50's, won the league cup few years back in 07.  It's not like winning a World Cup, it's a club that is expected to win major trophies every so often, and has won a few in the past, winning another one.  Hardly Greece winning the Euros or Leciester winning the Prem.

The whole "why were rangers fans even on the pitch!?" argument is pathetic whitabootery.  Such argument is more applicable to the republicans who showed up on George Square after losing the independence Referendum.   On Saturday our fans witnessed opposing fans swing punches at our plays and cause melees down at the dugout where our staff were.  They prevented our team from collecting their medals for the fans who would have stayed to applaud them, and ran over to our fans essentially offering up the proverbial Square-Go, spitting the kind of venom we've endured in abundance for 4 years.  Most neutral observers are rightfully commending our fans for not reacting en masse, only the exception of a small minority of a few hundred who were incensed enough at the appauling scenes to go have a go.  Had this been the sort of provocation that a club in Turkey or Italy had to endure, or maybe even a Millwall or Leeds, then it may well have been a full on riot and major bloodbath, where a few thousand opposing fans would have reacted to the goading, rather than small pockets of a couple of hundred.

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

The most annoying fact about that clip of the Rangers fan running and throwing the bottle is the fact it is such a shite throw..The poor guy that did it must cringe everytime he sees it tbh:angsum:

I know it's lucky if it goes 3yrds straight into the ground:pipe:

46 minutes ago, smitzer007 said:

Still waiting! 

Why wait? Punch his cunt in and be done with it!!

1 hour ago, The Avon Ranger said:

Been watching the STV news all week regarding the trouble after Saturdays match, EVERY clip shown has pictures of Rangers fans charging towards Septic fans throwing bottles,horses on the pitch etc this is obviously footage from the 1980 game and not relevant to the events that took place on Saturday, it makes it look like we were the aggressors.

Every bear knows what it is .Oh except for the righteous ones who prefer sticking their heads in the sand loyal 

The biggest problem with all of this, is the fans of either side being blamed, the real problem is that there were less than 150 police officers at the event, knowing it would be a full house. if you look at it in a completely neutral way hibs fans should not have went on the pitch, and certainly not come up to our end, and they shouldn't have laid a finger on any rangers players. rangers fans should not have went on the pitch either, the reason that some did was because they felt threatened and unprotected and of course some of the gers fans who went on the pitch would have just went on for a bust up. IF THE POLICE HAD DONE THIER JOB hibs fans would probably have barely got to their goal never mind right on the pitch and would not have go anywhere near us. The police could have then told them to return to the stand or the presentation would be cancelled. They didn't, because they didn't have enough police there and they didn't recognise what was happening on the pitch. My mate was in the hibs end and said that after their second goal apparently some police came to the back of the goals at their end, then headed off again, clearly seeing that most were standing up and anticipating a last gasp winner. The police did not recognise this for some unknown reason. To me at the end of it, the Police have to take the majority of the responsibility, if they stopped or reduced the pitch invasion our players would possibly not have been harmed, we would not have went on the field as there would have been no reason to they lift the cup and that's it. But they didn't and to me that is where most of the attention should be focused not on hibs or rangers 

10 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

The biggest problem with all of this, is the fans of either side being blamed, the real problem is that there were less than 150 police officers at the event, knowing it would be a full house. if you look at it in a completely neutral way hibs fans should not have went on the pitch, and certainly not come up to our end, and they shouldn't have laid a finger on any rangers players. rangers fans should not have went on the pitch either, the reason that some did was because they felt threatened and unprotected and of course some of the gers fans who went on the pitch would have just went on for a bust up. IF THE POLICE HAD DONE THIER JOB hibs fans would probably have barely got to their goal never mind right on the pitch and would not have go anywhere near us. The police could have then told them to return to the stand or the presentation would be cancelled. They didn't, because they didn't have enough police there and they didn't recognise what was happening on the pitch. My mate was in the hibs end and said that after their second goal apparently some police came to the back of the goals at their end, then headed off again, clearly seeing that most were standing up and anticipating a last gasp winner. The police did not recognise this for some unknown reason. To me at the end of it, the Police have to take the majority of the responsibility, if they stopped or reduced the pitch invasion our players would possibly not have been harmed, we would not have went on the field as there would have been no reason to they lift the cup and that's it. But they didn't and to me that is where most of the attention should be focused not on hibs or rangers 

sniff sniff...

1 hour ago, The Avon Ranger said:

Look mate, I keep saying this is because the fuckin STV are pro SNP. Always have been so no way would they ever side with Rangers or anything to do with Rangers. They hate us and anything PUL. The SNP are keen to keep the OBAF act and will use anytning to help them. In this case the STV use whatever footage they can to make Rangers look bad. Every body can see it.

During the 1930's when Hitler came to power in Germany he and his party demonised everyone who they considered non-Arian (in particularly the Jews) and not one nation stood up to them...........the rest is history.

In years to come scholars may look back at these times in Scotland's history and draw parallels to the trials and tribulations the indigenous Presbyterian/Unionist/Rangers-supporting individual was faced with.

It's a short vocal step from 'The Nazi Party' to 'The Scottish Nasty Party'.

Bastards. 

12 minutes ago, CanadianBacon said:

During the 1930's when Hitler came to power in Germany he and his party demonised everyone who they considered non-Arian (in particularly the Jews) and not one nation stood up to them...........the rest is history.

In years to come scholars may look back at these times in Scotland's history and draw parallels to the trials and tribulations the indigenous Presbyterian/Unionist/Rangers-supporting individual was faced with.

It's a short vocal step from 'The Nazi Party' to 'The Scottish Nasty Party'.

Bastards. 

you are having a laugh are you not!? until any non SNP supporters have to cut about with a union jack sewn on their coat, have their business/livelihood destroyed, their possessions robbed, laws passed against them to drive/force them away, get sent to work camps, jailed for nothing and then get shipped on trains to be murdered i think these comparisons can be set aside for now

5 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

you are having a laugh are you not!? until any non SNP supporters have to cut about with a union jack sewn on their coat, have their business/livelihood destroyed, their possessions robbed, laws passed against them to drive/force them away, get sent to work camps, jailed for nothing and then get shipped on trains to be murdered i think these comparisons can be set aside for now

Surely you're the one having a laugh?

How one-sided is the law when it comes to dealing with anything labelled 'sectarian'? Wee Burnie couldn't have made it clearer when on Saturday evening her first tweet as Fist Munster was to "congratulate" the Spoonburners on their cup win....it took a strongly-worded statement from Rangers FC to get her in front of the microphone some many hours later.

She knew what went on at Hampden but chose to ignore it.

Fucking typical of these Nasty Nazi bastards. 

6 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

You must agree that up until the election we were a one party state, also can you point me to one SNP party member who has deviated from the party line ?

2 hours ago, The Avon Ranger said:

All of the above mate?

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Well phone them up speak to someone or sent a letter to the head of stv.

Anything you feel is offensive or inaccurate correct these cunts at every point, because they believe their own lies and in 10 years time everyone will say it was all our fault.

As I said report it and shame the cunts on here as you have done. 

Exactly right. I've personally just sent off a complaint to talksport management regarding the on air antics of Alan Brazil whenever the subject of Rangers comes up. Time to do your bit people, and not leave it to others.

12 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

That's a good 16th post .Now fuck off back to the pedo lovers site