BAN the Daily Record

Bhudda

It's time to place an indefinite ban on the Daily Record.  

They are much worse than the BBC yet we banned them.  

I would urge gers fans to fire off an email to the club with your disgust at today's DR article in which our fans are falsely accused of using tactics "only seen in northern ireland" to obstruct police officers in the line of duty.

I've complained to the club several times before about the conduct of the Record.  Sometimes over sly thinly veiled digs, sometimes not so much.  I even recall them  "tagging" a story about us with the keyword "fascism" in the past.  You'd think ill Phil 3 names worked there with that kind of baiting.

Our club released a statement that they will not accept any criticism of our fans in light of the scenes on Saturday.  Time to put the board to the test on that one. Indefinite BAN on the Daily Record and all it's journ.... tabloid-level rats.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather play this a bit clever.

contact them for clarification of the story and demand evidence,video,audio and pics to back this up.

When they obviously can't provide this then hit them with both barrels as public as possible and expose the lies they print.

Then they can be banned as well as have the embarrassment of the whole nation knowing their lies.

At the same time they should ask serious questions of the police as well.Do they stand by the articles allegations and if so where is the proof and why so long in coming out.

or

If not why haven't they issued a statement refuting these allegations and demanding a full explanation from the repugnant rag involved??

All that needs to be understood about this comic rag is that it has a business relationship with Celtic FC.  Everything else flows from that.  Our club (at every level) should have no contact with the rag, keep its corrupt 'journalists' out of our stadium, and ensure that our solicitors are in regular touch with the rag every time it prints lies.

6 minutes ago, one55 said:

or better yet hit them where it hurts. don't give them hits and don't buy their papers. wouldn't let a dug take a pish on their rag. deserves better than that.

that's what we as supporters can do.

Honestly for the life of me can't understand any of our own buying or reading this paper.Or any of its sister editions.Giving them hits is just as bad.

Not got a lot of time for Liverpool fans but their boycott of The Sun was a lesson for us all.In my opinion these allegations are right there with the crap The Sun printed that day all those years ago.

The fact we have former supporters/players employed by the cunts say's it all.

2 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Honestly for the life of me can't understand any of our own buying or reading this paper.Or any of its sister editions.Giving them hits is just as bad.

Not got a lot of time for Liverpool fans but their boycott of The Sun was a lesson for us all.In my opinion these allegations are right there with the crap The Sun printed that day all those years ago.

Our own write for the fucking thing

We need to the club to demand the verification of the sources (pcs Unicorn, Tooth fairy and Claus no doubt) which will never happen as they are fictitious. Though the DR will claim protecting their sources.

We should highlight the integrity of the author who evidently from tweets despises us and call her out as a bullshitter. State until claims retracted or proven (aye right) with a full front page apology then DR and it's journo filth banned forthwith. 

We should also formally report this to the inquiry team as possible evidence being withheld - let them take legal recourse to obtain informant details pre inquiry.

A statement as direct as the last one is required.

Ban it from where? Ibrox? do they even come to ibrox to do anything? their match reports are identical to that found on Sky and other outlets so its obviously just a free press guy doing it and not an employee of the DR. Whens the last time MW or DW went to the DR? we now just talk to Sky or Talksport for interviews. It would be a symbolic gesture at the most as I doubt most Rangers fans buy the rag in the first place.

Nearly everybody that comes on here either buys it or reads it online. We love getting the pish ripped oot us , shame we cant all stand together and give them fuck all protestant revenue or publicity , thats the only way they will fade away.

22 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ban it from where? Ibrox? do they even come to ibrox to do anything? their match reports are identical to that found on Sky and other outlets so its obviously just a free press guy doing it and not an employee of the DR. Whens the last time MW or DW went to the DR? we now just talk to Sky or Talksport for interviews. It would be a symbolic gesture at the most as I doubt most Rangers fans buy the rag in the first place.

They get access to pressers pre match, to new signings being revealed, and to match days.

Ban them from entering Auchenhowie and Ibrox for everything unless we get a front page apology and retraction.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They get access to pressers pre match, to new signings being revealed, and to match days.

Ban them from entering Auchenhowie and Ibrox for everything unless we get a front page apology and retraction.

ah ok, yup fair enough get them to fuck.

30 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

They get press access.

We should also remove their rights to using our trademark so they can't print the badge.

44 minutes ago, one55 said:

or better yet hit them where it hurts. don't give them hits and don't buy their papers. wouldn't let a dug take a pish on their rag. deserves better than that.

that's what we as supporters can do.

That's the problem. Even after the last 4 years people still post this paper and the sun all over Rangers Facebook pages and quote their stories.

Obviously they are free to do so but every hit and post keeps these people employed and the papers in business. 

We have the club website plus the club staff on twitter etc. that let us know what's happening and RTV. We don't need any of the rest.

As much as I despise the cunts, I think this is a case of keeping your enemies closer. We know who and what they are, so we just need to play them a bit smarter, a means to an end so to speak. It's a fine line in deciding when it's over for them, as it could backfire badly, again in knowing what these cunts are.

I do hope that our powers that be have a coherent strategy in dealing with the mhedia at large, as they can/do have the biggest influence on our image. It is no mean feat in unravelling all that has gone on in the last four years in the mhedia hate campaign against us and as I've said this comes from the highest level and all very suitable. We are singled out as fair game for all comers to attack us and the road ahead remains treacherous.

I have been trying to email Rangers directly regarding the story..I have typed out a fairly balanced query asking that The Club is aware of this and that when appropriate they will respond in kind..

Unfortunately it wont send as it states it includes "invalid characters..??!....Bloody hell...

Ended up sending a 2 line question...I couldn't trust myself to keep any email to that gutter rhag this side of decent...

The Club cannot allow this to go unchecked though...I am sure we won't

The club need to contact the police to find out if the accusations have any truth, if it's going to be part of any official report, do they condone police officers giving their personal views of events to the press before any report is published.

So far it looks like the normal response of individual police officers, twist the facts to suit their agenda

Isn't everything printed about us in that rag a lie?  It was never going to take long for the blame to be turned on us for Saturday's violence, after all how dare we go along to hampdump and try to spoil the hivees big day.

If there was footage of Rangers fans doing anything quoted in that article then I'm sure that it would have been given a prime spot on bbc scotland news.

Stopped buying this fuckin rag early 80's when I noticed they were beginning to side with republicans when reporting on NI. The fenians were referred to by their Christian names where on the other hand the Protestants were referred to by their Surnames and that is fact. Was that just coincidence or was it deliberate. Don't think so. Clever?? No..Stopped watching bbc Scotland a couple of years ago. If I want anything on bbc I switch to BBCNI on SKY 953 and 972. Fuck them. 

2 hours ago, Bhudda said:

It's time to place an indefinite ban on the Daily Record.  

They are much worse than the BBC yet we banned them.  

I would urge gers fans to fire off an email to the club with your disgust at today's DR article in which our fans are falsely accused of using tactics "only seen in northern ireland" to obstruct police officers in the line of duty.

I've complained to the club several times before about the conduct of the Record.  Sometimes over sly thinly veiled digs, sometimes not so much.  I even recall them  "tagging" a story about us with the keyword "fascism" in the past.  You'd think ill Phil 3 names worked there with that kind of baiting.

Our club released a statement that they will not accept any criticism of our fans in light of the scenes on Saturday.  Time to put the board to the test on that one. Indefinite BAN on the Daily Record and all it's journ.... tabloid-level rats.

The name I always use is the "daily rebel ' .Dude will be in here telling us " that all the beggars say it's a bluenose paper " and it's what they do to sell papers .However there is no doubt this paper has changed from the days of Alan Heron and others guys that were possibly on our side .This newspaper is as good as being the incognito beggars view on all things .Including politics .Avoid