RFC -- old board old tricks?

thehost

I, like most others, was absolutely delighted that the board seemed to have binned the infamous dignified silence. Something that was at its zenith during Bain's gig as ceo; a stance seemingly welcomed by his close associates, and fellow board members, a stance worn as a misguided badge of honour. Last Sunday's rebuttal was one of the most robust statements that I have seen RFC issue and boy did they garner good will like never before.

The previous MO was defend the board to hell with anyone else. Last Sunday's statement was defend the board, defend the playing staff and give a passing nod at defence of the fans.

Since then we have seen those castigated backtrack at a furious rate of knots, aye we heard you cosgrove(L). Showing that standing your ground really does make a difference. However, the rabid press have completely backed off of the club have moved from the indefensible antics, on the field of play, and onto the more favourable territory of denigrating the rangers fanbase and only the rangers fanbase. We have had to endure the rancid celtic business partner, The Daily Record, and its lies about our support, our misuse of children, our vandalising of public property and a whole host of other dubious allegations, none of which have been shown to have any basis in reality. The fans have stuck together, gather evidence of the journalist concerned and her dubious, some would argue anti-Protestant, social media content. Said fans have actively pursued apologies and provided the club with all the evidence collated, only to have zero backing from the club. No stern defence when the press decide to concentrate only on the fans.

So in this week, when our board were rolling out club 1872, when they were telling us we were all in this together surely it is only right to expect that same board to defend us, the lifeblood of the club, as diligently as they defend themselves and the players.

So Mr Murray, what say you. Are you going to act for the wellbeing of the whole club or will you continue to pursue your agenda of "dignified silence" when its only those pesky fans in the dock? This courageous newspaper needs dealt with, its on your watch, we look on with interest.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it's unreasonable to expect the board to react to every negative or fabricated story. They've done an excellent job so far and should continue to concentrate on the club's progression. In saying that, I think a clear message should be sent to the DR from 1872 that we will no longer tolerate their agenda. 

Boardstatement was superb but totally undermined by Stewart Robertson and his fluffy statement, sadly he seemed  ore concerned with selling club1872 than defending the club or the fans, more concerned with placating the media than demanding hivees be punished.  Bain all over again.  

We need someone who will get the Battle fever on OR a manipulatI've cunt like Liewell, sadly we have neither.

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Boardstatement was superb but totally undermined by Stewart Robertson and his fluffy statement, sadly he seemed  ore concerned with selling club1872 than defending the club or the fans, more concerned with placating the media than demanding hivees be punished.  Bain all over again.  

We need someone who will get the Battle fever on OR a manipulatI've cunt like Liewell, sadly we have neither.

Robertson is the epitome of a bridge builder - he's mild mannered, polite, fluffy. 

Probably a really nice man but too nice which is not what we need at this time. The way he undermined the fantastic statement by saying "anyone guilty of violence on the park will be dealt with" that's an actual quote 

1 step forward 2 steps back 

I'm not the current boards biggest fan, but they've, reacted, behaved, & issued statements, that are a million times better than previous boards.

I don't want Paul Murray to say anything, he usually gets it wrong anyway. The board seem to be, imo, picking their fights, picking them because they are fights we can win. We were the wronged party last Saturday, yet you'd never believe it, going by the media reports in this country.

We need to sit back, take notes, remember the names of those talking against us, collate all the information then hit them with it.

'Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over' It'll be over when we say it's all over...

My old man used to say if you're ever bullied or are outnumbered then pick out the main guy or biggest bully and have him. Give him everything you have and make a statement to the rest. Experience tells me he was right.

The DR are that protagonist. 

If the club came out and dealt with them, and reiterated their backing of the support last Saturday whilst condemning ( or is it commending, meh) those who dehumanise the support, it would have a resounding double edged impact. Attack our enemies. Defend our club which includes her support.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

I, like most others, was absolutely delighted that the board seemed to have binned the infamous dignified silence. Something that was at its zenith during Bain's gig as ceo; a stance seemingly welcomed by his close associates, and fellow board members, a stance worn as a misguided badge of honour. Last Sunday's rebuttal was one of the most robust statements that I have seen RFC issue and boy did they garner good will like never before.

The previous MO was defend the board to hell with anyone else. Last Sunday's statement was defend the board, defend the playing staff and give a passing nod at defence of the fans.

Since then we have seen those castigated backtrack at a furious rate of knots, aye we heard you cosgrove(L). Showing that standing your ground really does make a difference. However, the rabid press have completely backed off of the club have moved from the indefensible antics, on the field of play, and onto the more favourable territory of denigrating the rangers fanbase and only the rangers fanbase. We have had to endure the rancid celtic business partner, The Daily Record, and its lies about our support, our misuse of children, our vandalising of public property and a whole host of other dubious allegations, none of which have been shown to have any basis in reality. The fans have stuck together, gather evidence of the journalist concerned and her dubious, some would argue anti-Protestant, social media content. Said fans have actively pursued apologies and provided the club with all the evidence collated, only to have zero backing from the club. No stern defence when the press decide to concentrate only on the fans.

So in this week, when our board were rolling out club 1872, when they were telling us we were all in this together surely it is only right to expect that same board to defend us, the lifeblood of the club, as diligently as they defend themselves and the players.

So Mr Murray, what say you. Are you going to act for the wellbeing of the whole club or will you continue to pursue your agenda of "dignified silence" when its only those pesky fans in the dock? This courageous newspaper needs dealt with, its on your watch, we look on with interest.

For some of our fans it seems it's all about the Protestants and not the club - as demonstrated in this post! The club will and should do its fighting with evidence to the inquest - it should not feed the red tops by reacting to every nonsense story. 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

For some of our fans it seems it's all about the Protestants and not the club - as demonstrated in this post! The club will and should do its fighting with evidence to the inquest - it should not feed the red tops by reacting to every nonsense story. 

considering I'm an atheist, with a rc mother and a rc wife I don't see what religion has to do with my post. I mentioned protestant as the "journo" in question had a social media content of H** this and H** that.

We all know the Daily Rhecord fantasy piece about our fans blocking the riot vans, was an agenda driven story by a sectarian bigot with links to celtic.. The story was far to over embellished to the point of Fairy tale proportions, if the author of the tale had included one of the club's directors in it's telling. You could bet your wages the rhecord would have been threatened with summary legal action and a immediate retraction demanded.

Why then aren't the support therefore given the same level of backing?

1 hour ago, thehost said:

Spot on, starting to like your posts a bit more, I think the new board and this has healed a lot of division amoungst the fans expecially with the on field progress and beating Celtic.

Then when this all blew up and the released those two statements one within a couple of hours then the second one a day or two later our haters were on the back foot.

But since Calum Steele tweets and Jane Hamilton's article in the daily Record they should have demanded the police took action against Calum Steele and banned the daily record and any freelance journalist who deals with them then contact the mirror group in London and demand they are bothe the editor and she are sacked or we will sue the arses of them and tarnish their name forever within our support. .

But nothing and it's certainly not good enough.  But let's all stick togeather as fans and this board as I always have said even thou I have defended them to the hilt on here need to come out swinging and let any one else know.

Let them all know if they want to attack up then bring it on but anything they can't back up with hard facts we will sue and they will be banned for life from Ibrox.

We don't need these so called people so what are the board waiting for ?  We the fans expect them to defend us just like the expect us to buy season books in ther tens of thousands.

We have done more than our bit since we went down now at least back us over these lies.  

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

How do you "fight" by submitting evidence?

A nonsense story is just that. A story vicious in falsehood, castigated our fans as culpable, and which has not been challenged adds fuel to fire that it is true.

Does your feeling of being so alien to that which most bears believe in (select from Protestant, Unionist, Loyalist, anti SNP, etc) really deter you from supporting and defending our common cause?

14 minutes ago, thehost said:

considering I'm an atheist, with a rc mother and a rc wife I don't see what religion has to do with my post. I mentioned protestant as the "journo" in question had a social media content of H** this and H** that.

Ok thanks for explaining that. 

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How do you "fight" by submitting evidence?

A nonsense story is just that. A story vicious in falsehood, castigated our fans as culpable, and which has not been challenged adds fuel to fire that it is true.

Does your feeling of being so alien to that which most bears believe in (select from Protestant, Unionist, Loyalist, anti SNP, etc) really deter you from supporting and defending our common cause?

I just don't think it's a good tactic for the club to react to every nonsense or inflammatory story in the gutter press - they would feed of that and the club would be realeasing twice daily rebuttals . The place and time for the club to 'go to war' is with the enquiry! ( all IMHO) 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Is it any surprise, the oldco board left the fans hanging so why would this lot be different 

Give them a couple of days with it being a bank holiday. But they must come out swinging for the daily record as that is how you win fights. 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I just don't think it's a good tactic for the club to react to every nonsense or inflammatory story in the gutter press - they would feed of that and the club would be realeasing twice daily rebuttals . The place and time for the club to 'go to war' is with the enquiry! ( all IMHO) 

The time for the board to go to war was after the final whistle when our players got assulted.  Get them all on the back foot so the tribunal know if we are not happy we will drag their finding through the court.

Or sit back and take 2nd prize again,.  I know what I prefer, Call for Callum Steele to be sacked by police Scotland and ban the daily record,what is so hard about that?

25 minutes ago, thehost said:

I wondered how I couldnt put my finger on what was wrong with you.:001::001:

Great opening post and fully agree.

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The time for the board to go to war was after the final whistle when our players got assulted.  Get them all on the back foot so the tribunal know if we are not happy we will drag their finding through the court.

Or sit back and take 2nd prize again,.  I know what I prefer, Call for Callum Steele to be sacked by police Scotland and ban the daily record,what is so hard about that?

Err the board did come out fighting after the game! 

The time to call for Callum Steele resignation is at the enquiry.

yep - record could / should be banned. 

17 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The DR article will not be brought up at the inquest , it's not what the inquest is about . 

I do agree with you that we shouldn't respond to every negative press story about us , but this one was way over the top . Quite similar in fact (  though obviously on a much smaller scale ) to The Sun's article during Hillsborough where they tried to apportion blame to the victims with a tissue of lies . 

The reality of the situation however , is that the real power lies with the fans - stop buying their papers , stop giving them hits on their website and hit them where it hurts. 

29 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I  think the problem is that the media see Rangers as the Protestant establishment and that appears to be why they attack so rabidly.

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I agree with you on the statement portion control tactic, too many statements coming out from the club, losses it's effectiveness after the first flurry.

However what the support want is action not another statement, there is an open goal here to take the rhecord to task on these fantasia of lies, smears and agenda. Rack up the pressure not with statements but by action.

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

The DR article will not be brought up at the inquest , it's not what the inquest is about . 

I do agree with you that we shouldn't respond to every negative press story about us , but this one was way over the top . Quite similar in fact (  though obviously on a much smaller scale ) to The Sun's article during Hillsborough where they tried to apportion blame to the victims with a tissue of lies . 

The reality of the situation however , is that the real power lies with the fans - stop buying their papers , stop giving them hits on their website and hit them where it hurts. 

It wasn't an official statement by the police but shite journalism - and it the dr was banned from ibrox I'd be happy but your last paragraph is spot on. 

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The one story they should go for is the one by the liar Hamilton. All video evudence shows it to be a lie and it should be withdrawn and an apology made.

Not every story just this one. Its not even twisting truth its a bare faced set of lies. She and the DR should be exposed.