Over 33,000 Season Tickets Renewed - A Club Record [Now Over 42,000 Sold]

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You're not keeping fans out if you do tickets excluding sellic. You're trading tickets at home v sellic for tickets away v sellic. The away fans are some of the most loyal and don't deserve to have their biggest game snatched away from them. The scum fans are irrelevant. It's our fans that I'm concerned about.

It's moot anyway, because it won't happen. Damaging the fixture like that would never be allowed. It's too important to the game up here, and to the two clubs. 

Another point is they cunts get 15% of Ibrox where we get 10% of the Piggery; that fair?

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You're not keeping fans out if you do tickets excluding sellic. You're trading tickets at home v sellic for tickets away v sellic. The away fans are some of the most loyal and don't deserve to have their biggest game snatched away from them. The scum fans are irrelevant. It's our fans that I'm concerned about.

It's moot anyway, because it won't happen. Damaging the fixture like that would never be allowed. It's too important to the game up here, and to the two clubs. 

That's hypocritical though as you're saying the away fans don't deserve to have the biggest game snatched away from them but that's exactly what would be happening to the home fan if you were to provide a season ticket minus the tim games.

And your right it wouldn't be allowed to happen so it's all hypothetical.

Just now, B1872 said:

Another point is they cunts get 15% of Ibrox where we get 10% of the Piggery; that fair?

Pretty sure we get a bit more than 10%, but no, of course not. It should be the same percentage.

1 minute ago, rfc_watp said:

That's hypocritical though as you're saying the away fans don't deserve to have the biggest game snatched away from them but that's exactly what would be happening to the home fan if you were to provide a season ticket minus the tim games.

And your right it wouldn't be allowed to happen so it's all hypothetical.

Nothing's being snatched away from home fans. We've always had the Broomy as the sellic end, so that's 7500 fans that have never had the sellic game anyway. The away fans have had it and would be losing it.

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

About eight thousand tickets are given to the away end for Old Firm games.  They have a bigger stadium so they can sell 10k more tickets to their own support. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nothing's being snatched away from home fans. We've always had the Broomy as the sellic end, so that's 7500 fans that have never had the sellic game anyway. The away fans have had it and would be losing it.

Could be 7500 youngsters getting locked out and the argument that it's 7500 tickets we've never had is pretty lame as we shouldn't be turning our nose up at any potential home fan. 

Just now, rfc_watp said:

Could be 7500 youngsters getting locked out and the argument that it's 7500 tickets we've never had is pretty lame as we shouldn't be turning our nose up at any potential home fan. 

Why? A fan's a fan, home or away. Arguably the only difference is that the away ones tend to be of the more loyal variety and the type that push the boat out even further to follow their team. We've always had 43k home for sellic games and 7500 away. There's only one group suffering if we cut the sellic allocation. The away fans deserve more than being told their best away fixture is effectively being axed for them.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Why? A fan's a fan, home or away. Arguably the only difference is that the away ones tend to be of the more loyal variety and the type that push the boat out even further to follow their team. We've always had 43k home for sellic games and 7500 away. There's only one group suffering if we cut the sellic allocation. The away fans deserve more than being told their best away fixture is effectively being axed for them.

Away fans are fiercely loyal, no doubt about that but so are home fans who fork out for season tickets etc. On a side note I know some people who go to away games but don't attend Ibrox so who's more loyal there? 

Anyway...

I go to away games and if I was told I couldn't go to the piggery as we weren't allocated tickets as 50000 bears had packed out Ibrox every week for the season then I would have no qualms about that and I don't think anyone could argue with it.

11 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Away fans are fiercely loyal, no doubt about that but so are home fans who fork out for season tickets etc. On a side note I know some people who go to away games but don't attend Ibrox so who's more loyal there? 

Anyway...

I go to away games and if I was told I couldn't go to the piggery as we weren't allocated tickets as 50000 bears had packed out Ibrox every week for the season then I would have no qualms about that and I don't think anyone could argue with it.

Yeah,  individual cases are individual cases, but in general terms the away fans are a loyal bunch. I'm not convinced you'll get too many away Bears that go to the piggery agreeing with that second paragraph.

sell every ticket. The only club that would cut our allocations is the taigs. Every other club is relaying on a large away support.. If they wanna cut allocations that's cool with me as they be harming themselves to do so. I'll not be back in a away ground ever again fuck them

The home vs away fans is an important point I think. 

Totally understand the views of the boys who travel to all the away games, but ultimately if we sell more home tickets we get more income. 

That said, our away support is usually fantastic. Tough call really. 

As a home and away supporter this is a debate where I find myself agreeing with a lot of points on both sides, next season I will not attend all away fixtures, mixture of cost now I'm taking.my two girls, the fact I despise certain clubs behaviour towards us and work commitments, as much as it makes me want to vomit onto a white tee-shirt and sell it as Spains away shirt i really don't think the game against the vagrants of society would be the same without giving them what we give them and  as a veteran of visits to the piggery we need all the support we can get. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The allocation will never be cut and the sales will reflect the amount of people in the Broomloan who will be allocated a cellic ticket. 

There essentially needs to be a spare 7,500 seats for those in the Broomloan who have to move so we can sell about 42.5k 

What will happen if we sell 44,000?

What do you reckon we've sold now?  Must be comfortably over 40k.  I tried to do a rough count of the available seats left on the stadium planner.  It's mostly just the BR and CD, I estimated only about 7k left on the planner? Not sure how many seats they're holding back from the planner as not being available for season tickets..just the away corner I presume?