"2 or 3 more"

OzGers

Warbs says 2 or 3 more signings. His track record suggests he is true to his word.

Anyone surprised by this? We have just lost at minimum 3 players with another 2 loans returning. We have signed 4, meaning our squad would be 2 bodies more than last season assuming players don't leave.

given we need a striker, a CB, a GK and cover for fullbacks is Warbs at risk of running short?

or do we expect loans to augment this?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is quite an interesting point mate, either we are still restrained money wise which I would expect or he believes the squad he has and defence etc can raise there game with a season under there belt now?

I think a bit of both personally , but I do agree with you with the defence / keeper needing cover and or a starter and definately need a goal scorer in the team to get the 30/40 mark

8 minutes ago, OzGers said:

Warbs says 2 or 3 more signings. His track record suggests he is true to his word.

Anyone surprised by this? We have just lost at minimum 3 players with another 2 loans returning. We have signed 4, meaning our squad would be 2 bodies more than last season assuming players don't leave.

given we need a striker, a CB, a GK and cover for fullbacks is Warbs at risk of running short?

or do we expect loans to augment this?

We'll definitely bring in loan signings. Warburton was quite adamant about utilizing the loan system from the day he came to the club. After all that we'll still possibly be short, but this time with less dross on the bench.

i think the amount of players is fine but it's who we bring in. we need to sort our defence. if he can improve upon that then we'll be ready for the premiership. no doubt will bring loan players in to fill in some other areas and start looking towards january transfers.

There has to be competition in all positions.That being said we don't need to go down the road of previous management and have 2 players for every position.MW has always stated he likes players who are versatile,that can play more than one position.Agree with most we need a strong dominating CH and a good goal scorer with young Hardie taking the place of Clark on the bench.

We all know we need a striker, centre half, goalkeeper and cover for flanks.

it could be argued we also need a quality attacking mid

im not one for reliance on loans and would hate to see us caught cold with little options when this is clearly the most important season in our history

I'm surprised by it.  I think we need a minimum of 4 players in:

- Another Keeper but if we're unable to get rid of Bell it might make more sense to go with what we have now. 

- A defender that can play straight across the back 4 would be good like Dominic Ball or Paddy McNair type. 

- An attacking central midfielder.  I know we're after Kranjcar but failing that the best CAM we can find.  Conor Hourihane would've been perfect it's a shame about the twitter comments.

- A left-winger.  We need another winger who has a cutting edge because we're much ado about nothing at times.

That's the bare minimum of what we need.  The loans we do get will need to be of a high standard like Pritchard or McNair.

We will be struggling next year with only a couple more signings.

I can imagine things going very wrong for us if we don't get a decent amount of cover.

It is clear how and why we could get injuries or suspensions, so we have to prepare for it or we'll be fucked.

As some have said before, we need a new centreback pairing - that's two signings already.

1 hour ago, OzGers said:

We all know we need a striker, centre half, goalkeeper and cover for flanks.

it could be argued we also need a quality attacking mid

im not one for reliance on loans and would hate to see us caught cold with little options when this is clearly the most important season in our history

I think with Forester we already have one quality attacking mid.  Barton will contribute in that regard too he's all action not a pure sitter 

What is the obsession with a big striker? We play football, not hoof the ball. 

We need a CB who will replace Wilson or Kiernan and another for cover. 

We need a RB for cover unless MW has plans for Sinnamon. 

We need a forward who is as flexible as Waghorn, Forrester etc to interchange with the front 3. 

We will need a keeper if Bell leaves, unless MW has plans for Kelly. 

2-3 loan signings will either be absolute star quality or be signed for rotation. 

If we sign two CBs and a forward then I assume MW thinks Sinnamon is good enough cover at RB and I'll be happy. 

The main thing we have to create is a bench the first team players know are as good as them so they know one mistake or lack of desire and they are replaced.

We never had that last season at all and the main player knew they would always get picked. Hard to put a number on how many players that is.

Our defence is a joke and Wilson should be let go as Hearts did when they went up as he was poor at this level, Kiernan the same.

Think with the players coming in replacing some of the outgoing...we're in good shape.  but the Defense needs serious attention -- and Wes needs cover and just as important, competition.

A few injuries though and we might struggle...  And can Kenny keep up the form he showed?  Hopefully.  Trust MW though. (tu)

I think we will make 3 more permanent signings with another 2 loans nearer the end of the transfer window. I expect at some point next month Shields, Bell ,Aird to go. Bell although he has a year left I think will go possibly to Aberdeen .Also a couple of the players out on loan like Crawford will be told they can go if they find a new club.