Hard luck stories

markem

Before drying your eyes get it off your chest.  I will kick us off.

I just got beat for £600 needing the Spain game to be over 2 goals.  Georgia (yes GEORGIA) are a goal up at half time.  Happy days thinks I.

Think again.

FT 1-0 

Spain just failed to score against a team that Romania put 5 past a few days ago.  I know friendly games are risky however FFS.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Orangeclement said:

Risky? It's 3 days till the euros no one wants to pick up an injury.

Think before you bet

3 days (or 6 until Spain start) or not I would still suggest it was a fair expectation to expect them to score goals in Madrid versus Georgia (the 10/1 Price on the away win kinda supports that).  Keep in mind Romania put 5 past them a few days ago. Del Bosque despite fielding a strong team made 8 changes thus spots are up for grabs and whether avoiding injuries or not most teams will want to take form into the tournament.  You might think they are avoiding injury, I would say a fixture like that is put in place to allow them a morale boosting win - then again I lost so you called it.

"Think before you bet" -  i'll try that., thanks.  

7 hours ago, markem said:

3 days (or 6 until Spain start) or not I would still suggest it was a fair expectation to expect them to score goals in Madrid versus Georgia (the 10/1 Price on the away win kinda supports that).  Keep in mind Romania put 5 past them a few days ago. Del Bosque despite fielding a strong team made 8 changes thus spots are up for grabs and whether avoiding injuries or not most teams will want to take form into the tournament.  You might think they are avoiding injury, I would say a fixture like that is put in place to allow them a morale boosting win - then again I lost so you called it.

"Think before you bet" -  i'll try that., thanks.  

Have you watched any warm up games? No one is putting in anything near 100% effort in .

Most teams do want to take form yes but physiologically  the players are afraid to get injured and maybe miss their only opportunity at a major finals therefore hold back a bit from their natural game.

5 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Made a few fuck ups with cash outs one costing me £1300 odd.

Is it just me or does something happen the minute you cash out ? Like if you have corners you'll cash out just before a double corner.

Does my moobs in.

1 minute ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Is it just me or does something happen the minute you cash out ? Like if you have corners you'll cash out just before a double corner.

Does my moobs in.

Aye always happens. I've made a few good decisions aswell but not as many as I have bad.

I've said it afore but none the less here goes;

So a family associate knows a thing or two about country pursuits, he needs no one bar his dogs by side; he says to my father that X horse will win such and such a race. My father then says to me "oh I got a tip for you", he then follows that up with "I cannae mind the name or race", so my mother gives him the paper and he announces "Snows Bunting, I knew it was Snows something or other"; now I know our man is good for it so I thought I'd seize the opportunity to clear a debt in one swoop and papped £250 on it at 10/1 (or something around that price), there was a warning sign though old horse up against those in their prime but you ignore it if you believe the tip is sound so bet was placed. The race is off and it's apparent this horse ain't even capable and it's last of about 12. So how's it a hard luck story you are no doubt asking? Well my dad was right that it started with "Snows", what he wasn't aware of was that there was two horses with the "first name" "Snows", Snows Ride (or whatever) a young horse that travelled with an old timer to help settle it; runs home at 28/1 (or something similar). Imagine the joy of having £250 on a 28/1 shot. Despite this I actually laughed as my result came home, took it as a sign and/or a lesson. It's stuck with me.

I have others for a few grand here and there beat by next to nothing but to be frank I've had that so many times they've blended into being a single hazy event.

Oxford got beat this year, beating me out of 13600 1-2 at home to acc Stanley, they where one up then 1-1 then Stanley had a man sent off then scored to make it 1-2, no cashout offered as all the matches where not being covered, they where the last team on my skip too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9 June 2016 at 2:48 PM, sausagetrunks said:

Oxford got beat this year, beating me out of 13600 1-2 at home to acc Stanley, they where one up then 1-1 then Stanley had a man sent off then scored to make it 1-2, no cashout offered as all the matches where not being covered, they where the last team on my skip too.

ouch

There's always one that sticks with me! Couple of years back when the btts & win had just come out! 

4 teams at a tenner! First one a lunchtime kick off came in! The other three were 3 o'clocks! Two teams winning by a good couple of goals but both had conceaded! 

Fourth team is Bolton against Millwall! Now if they had won with both teams scoring I was looking at £4800 odd! It's 1 each and looks fucked then Jeff Stelling pipes up saying there's a penalty in the game but the usual suspense of which way has it went? Bolton! Well, I'm fucking buzzin!! Score this and I'm on to a big win! Boom.. Hits the post!! Finished 1 each! 

Have never touched Bolton since! 

Just read a post from @Gascoigne8 which reminded me of a bet we done. 

We were in work one weekend and decided we would do a squad ACCA. So there was 7 of us in at a tenner a head. First one we done Dundee utd were 2 1 down before a Cifti double won us 939 quid or something.

We decided to do it again the following weekend. Again same 10 stake and you could pick any team you wanted but the only stipulation was it had to be a 3pm ko.

Again we had been working the Saturday and he dropped me off about 330 I got in and checked the scores. Dundee 2 up, Brighton 2 up boro the same. Indeed 5 of the 7 were 2 up and Elgin or some other team in that league were 1 0 up so it was 6 out of 7. So I phoned him to say look 6 of 7 are up bit I can't find chesterfield I think they're postponed as they're not on the live list. Then the other boy with him says ive done chesterfield and the games in red that means it's half time and he said to him now ya Dick that means it's finished. game kicked off at 1 and fucked the coupon 

Just under 3k it beat us for that day :lol: needless to say it ended after 2 weeks but the boy in question was hopeless :lol:

The one stipulation was no earlies and he fucked that :lol:

Mind a few months ago I done a daft 6 or 7 fold. The likes of West Brom at Goodison at 6s and Sunderland at home to Man U at 5s that kinda thing. Done Ross County at Parkheid and that's the only one that fucked me for over 20k :lol: 

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Just read a post from @Gascoigne8 which reminded me of a bet we done. 

We were in work one weekend and decided we would do a squad ACCA. So there was 7 of us in at a tenner a head. First one we done Dundee utd were 2 1 down before a Cifti double won us 939 quid or something.

We decided to do it again the following weekend. Again same 10 stake and you could pick any team you wanted but the only stipulation was it had to be a 3pm ko.

Again we had been working the Saturday and he dropped me off about 330 I got in and checked the scores. Dundee 2 up, Brighton 2 up boro the same. Indeed 5 of the 7 were 2 up and Elgin or some other team in that league were 1 0 up so it was 6 out of 7. So I phoned him to say look 6 of 7 are up bit I can't find chesterfield I think they're postponed as they're not on the live list. Then the other boy with him says ive done chesterfield and the games in red that means it's half time and he said to him now ya Dick that means it's finished. game kicked off at 1 and fucked the coupon 

Just under 3k it beat us for that day :lol: needless to say it ended after 2 weeks but the boy in question was hopeless :lol:

The one stipulation was no earlies and he fucked that :lol:

The game that kicked of early should just have been voided from the coupon.....if I a reading that right?

Edit - you mean it was on in time for the early game don't you? - Point being you were already beat before the 15:00 started?

Ouch!

6 minutes ago, markem said:

The game that kicked of early should just have been voided from the coupon.....if I a reading that right?

Edit - you mean it was on in time for the early game don't you? - Point being you were already beat before the 15:00 started?

Ouch!

Yes mate. Coupon went on at 12. Chesterfield hosted Mansfield at 1330. When I read the match report the boy took it round the goalie and hit the post :lol:

We were raging. If someone fancied for example Norwich to beat man u it could go in no matter prices or form it was only that it had to be 3 o'clock :(

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Yes mate. Coupon went on at 12. Chesterfield hosted Mansfield at 1330. When I read the match report the boy took it round the goalie and hit the post :lol:

We were raging. If someone fancied for example Norwich to beat man u it could go in no matter prices or form it was only that it had to be 3 o'clock :(

ffs - the rules weren't tricky were they. :p20:

9 minutes ago, markem said:

Ouch!o

Didn't hit the post 

Chesterfield could have taken the lead as early as the second minute when a weak back-header from Ryan Tafazolli was intercepted by Marc Richards, who rounded home keeper Alan Marriott only to be left riddled with angst as he watched Tafazolli redeem himself by hacking his goal-bound effort off the line.

Still gutting :lol:

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Work group coupons can be a good laugh but theres always 1 mongo.

"Av just got a feeling port vale might turn over Man Utd at old Trafford" naw fuck off its a tenner a heed ya daft cunt

even worse when the coupon is the sections list, if you were the unlucky bastard to pick last you were hit with the bottom section and picking a winner from that is like curing cancer

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Didn't hit the post 

Chesterfield could have taken the lead as early as the second minute when a weak back-header from Ryan Tafazolli was intercepted by Marc Richards, who rounded home keeper Alan Marriott only to be left riddled with angst as he watched Tafazolli redeem himself by hacking his goal-bound effort off the line.

Still gutting :lol:

My liver and kidneys still shudder at the weekend out we could have had lol

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

My liver and kidneys still shudder at the weekend out we could have had lol

Aye what was it. A 1k spin on the roulette and fucked up with the rest? :lol:

Archived