How to Increase Ibrox

lerxst

This is post only for the positive thinkers so no "we canny fill it the noo" .

With season tickets looking good an increase should be in our thoughts , with all these other clubs expanding Ibrox is getting ever more left behind .granted they are premiership clubs with mega money , the stadium has not looked better but it's getting on for forty years old . the corners where the screens are cant be done as Murray shit it and played the easy game filling in with screens instead of using metal trussing similar to the bill struth stand to span between . So main point how would it be done  [btw I would move them to last sections of club deck ,mainstand  and enclosure, lets get the Broomie back and keep those scum out of sight as they do for us.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheapest option would be to remove the big screens fill in the spaces, might add about another 1k, reduce away support allocation there is another 1k. The American stadiums have big video and advertising screens that hang on steel cables in the middle of the pitch at the half way line, that can be risen and dropped or sit at the optimum position during the match.

Maybe cost about £1mil,  Could be one to part sponsor through the Club1872 Special Projects?

Just now, jimgers said:

Cheapest option would be to remove the big screens fill in the spaces, might add about another 1k, reduce away support allocation there is another 1k. The American have big video and advertising screens that hang on steel cables in the middle of the pitch at the half way line, that can be risen and dropped or sit at the optimum position during the match.

Maybe cost about £1mil,  Could be one to part sponsor through the Club1872 Special Projects?

Removing the big screens would take it up to 59k ish. That was the original plan, to have it that way without the screens. The screens were a later amendment to the plan.

Too big, no need.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Removing the big screens would take it up to 59k ish. That was the original plan, to have it that way without the screens. The screens were a later amendment to the plan.

Too big, no need.

So is it structurally feasible ? Other than the seats / screens , I mean . 

8 minutes ago, jimgers said:

Cheapest option would be to remove the big screens fill in the spaces, might add about another 1k, reduce away support allocation there is another 1k. The American stadiums have big video and advertising screens that hang on steel cables in the middle of the pitch at the half way line, that can be risen and dropped or sit at the optimum position during the match.

Different idea with the screens. (tu)

Think your costing of 1mill is just a little low. 

20 minutes ago, jimgers said:

The American stadiums with the screens like that normally have it as part of a clos able roof. I don't think that there's a single  open air stadium with that. There certainly isn't a single "soccer" stadium with it that I know of.

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Different idea with the screens. (tu)

Think your costing of 1mill is just a little low. 

That's where the sponsorship comes in, say bet32 could sponsor the floating advertising screen. The club could remove the big screen at the Govan/Broomloan corner to start with, also it could be allocated along with the lower corner to the mhanky mob, when they arrive.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The American stadiums with the screens like that normally have it as part of a clos able roof. I don't think that there's a single  open air stadium with that. There certainly isn't a single "soccer" stadium with it that I know of.

You may be correct there Dude i have just seen them floating whilst watching American Football.

35 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

To be honest, given the perpetual decline of Scottish football, I think downsizing is more likely over the decades.

Unless we get a big money deal with sky Scottish football will be very poor standard well it is already but much worse, we see that already even over the last ten to twenty years.