Maciej Gostomski explains Rangers exit

Korona Kielce goalkeeper Maciej Gostomski has explained to The Scottish Sun why he left Rangers way before the end of the 2015-16 season.

Gostomski joined Rangers in the January transfer window and was expected to remain at the Gers until the end of the 2015-16 campaign.

However, the 27-year-old goalkeeper left in March after failing to replace Wes Foderingham in the first team.

The former Lech Poznan player was brought in by manager Mark Warburton in order to compete with Foderingham for a place in the first team.

Gostomski has explained why he left Rangers earlier than expected.

“The reason I never played and left was because they have a very good and professional goalkeeper in Wes Foderingham,” Polish goalkeeper told The Scottish Sun.

“It meant there was never any opportunities for the manager to pick me because every match was so vital. I knew that if I stayed at Rangers, I would never be No1.

“It was a great experience. Rangers have a totally different approach to training than back home and the facilities were superb.”

Foderingham is a very good goalkeeper, and he will remain as the first-choice for Rangers next season.

The 25-year-old established himself as one of the best between the posts in the Scottish Championship last season, and he will be determined to do well in the Scottish Premiership during the 2016-17 campaign.

Rangers won the Scottish Championship title with ease last season and will feature in the Scottish Premiership during the 2016-17 campaign.

Fair play to him. (tu) While I have really no idea of his ability, he could have been bitter about the whole thing therefore I wish him the best of luck with the rest of his career.

Tbh it doesn't show him up too well that he gave up ever being number 1 after 2 and a half months. Plenty on here would have been demanding he start towards the end of last season.

Nothing against him though, sometimes transfers don't work out. It happens.