Ibrox tour

My Father's Day gift was a tour of ibrox which I done today, fulfilled a boy hood dream to walk down the tunnel while simply the best was blaring at the back of me, made all the more special had my wee boy and girl with me to share the experience, would thoroughly recommend it to any bears who haven't done it yet no sure about prices or anything as it was a gift, but was a magical day in the home dressing room imagining past heroes, trophy room was something else, all round cracking experience ??????

52 minutes ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

My Father's Day gift was a tour of ibrox which I done today, fulfilled a boy hood dream to walk down the tunnel while simply the best was blaring at the back of me, made all the more special had my wee boy and girl with me to share the experience, would thoroughly recommend it to any bears who haven't done it yet no sure about prices or anything as it was a gift, but was a magical day in the home dressing room imagining past heroes, trophy room was something else, all round cracking experience ??????

Took my old man on Sunday and my father in law too and had lunch aswell ..never will I eat looking out at a better view! Coming out the tunnel to simply the best is unreal and made me think how much I'd love my wee ones to walk out that tunnel playing for our great team

15 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

The tour is brilliant, I've got videos of my wee boy running out the tunnel in his Rangers gear and sitting in the dugout. The trophy room is special as well although I'd to watch the wee man like a hawk incase he fucked off on the St Etienne bike.

Tbh mate my wee boy was too young to enjoy it I think at 18 months it kind of went over his head ??? wee girl loved it she's coming up for 7 really excited for next season but the tour guide said if we'd caught the earlier tour we'd have seen ricksen novo and Charlie Miller they were at ibrox for a media event for mnd 

Done twice, I did the tour a few years back very special for the first time in the dressing room and trophy room. I was in a party with an older bloke that can't make games now well into his 80s he had done the tour years back and it was at a time when the tour didn't get into the home dressing room was great to see his face in there. Did founders trail last winter and by time got to Ibrox it was dark walking out the tunnel with the only lights being the heat lamps on the pitch was something else. Privilege to have done it.

5 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

The tour is brilliant, I've got videos of my wee boy running out the tunnel in his Rangers gear and sitting in the dugout. The trophy room is special as well although I'd to watch the wee man like a hawk incase he fucked off on the St Etienne bike.

He wouldn't have got far on it,bbb  :wink: Craig Whyte nicked all the air oot of the tyres and flogged it tae a balloon seller at Pollock Park  :lol:

I can honestly say the Stadium tour of Ibrox is one of the best in the business ( and that's not because I'm a Bluenose) and it's one every Bear should do in their lifetime. There is no problem if you are disabled or handicapped in any way because the staff ensure that your tour is done in a safe and enjoyable manner; for example, if you are in a wheelchair you are taken in a lift up to the top of the marble staircase etc.
The only problem I can see is that the Trophy room is now becoming too small for the amount of Trophies and mementos that are already there and undoubtedly will increase over the years,because when things get cluttered to the point where you can't see things clearly it detracts from the experience,  so perhaps that is something for any future board to consider.

I hope that for any Bear intending to go on the tour the SPFL Trophy will be sitting proudly on display sooner rather than later as it is a lovely piece of silverware that has been missing since I last was there at the beginning of November 2011.

I'll tell you a funny (but ironic) wee joke????  the tour guide made on that occasion; Craig Whyte had just conned his way into taking control of our club in May 2011 and by November we were so far in front of the others in the SPL that everything looked rosy to most of our fans, but others,including John Greig,  thought differently.

In the Trophy room there is the impressive collection of medals won by the great Richard Gough who won 9 league titles, 3 Scottish Cups and 6 League Cups plus other medals awarded to him when playing for Rangers and Scotland. but there is one medal missing from that collection (it was loaned out for some event) and it stood out like a sore thumb with the imprint clearly visible on the blue cloth inside the case. One of our fans who was handicapped and in a wheelchair wanted to know why it was gone? and the tour guide said with a serious look on his face.....Craig Whyte has probably came into the Trophy room and removed the medal then sold it on the black market.....It wouldn't surprise me if the lot got pawned before too long. doh

It would be interesting to see if that medal has been returned to its rightful place.

101.JPG110.JPG

I've done the tour 3 times. One of the times was immediately after a game where I was in a hospitality suite with my wife.

I met and spoke with John greig outside the trophy room and met nearly the full team as they were passing on their way to the players lounge. We then stood outside the front door where I met Boumsong, Prso and a few others. 

It's a brilliant experience and wholly recommended.

You're not a Rangers fan until you've paid to do the Ibrox tour. :pipe:

Last time I did it was about 3 years ago. I got a bit exuberant and took some grass from the edge of the pitch.

It went brown and disintegrated eventually. :disappointment:

1 hour ago, AlBear85 said:

You're not a Rangers fan until you've paid to do the Ibrox tour. :pipe:

Last time I did it was about 3 years ago. I got a bit exuberant and took some grass from the edge of the pitch.

It went brown and disintegrated eventually. :disappointment:

Thieving bastard - you're as bad as Whyte!