*****The offical Charleston Battery Vs Rangers thread*****

I watched 1st 20 mins on a link through facebook but got pulled of fb then i tryed youtube. The person that was running the youtube link computer kept crashing so i thought fuck this i am of to bed. From what i seen in the 1st 20 mins  Windass looks a good player and we were good until we got to the final third of the pitch .

6 minutes ago, MuirhouseBear said:

Tried my best to stay up but had to go to sleep at half time. Thought josh Windass was outstanding to be honest. He's going to be a star. Glad to wake up and see he got a goal. 

Aye, just read the match report and sounded like he's a handful. Is Barton not with them?

Nice to start our training sessions with a win, and nice to see Forrester has resumed his goal scoring form after his injury, maybe we could've done better in the cup final if he'd been available.

I think Windass scored as well, so all sounds goof for the coming season.

I'll say now, I'm not bothered if we get beaten in the remaining 'friendlies', as long as we score goals, the lads will be doing the right thing. Hopefully the defence will improve before the actual competitive games start.

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

Nice to start our training sessions with a win, and nice to see Forrester has resumed his goal scoring form after his injury, maybe we could've done better in the cup final if he'd been available.

I think Windass scored as well, so all sounds goof for the coming season.

I'll say now, I'm not bothered if we get beaten in the remaining 'friendlies', as long as we score goals, the lads will be doing the right thing. Hopefully the defence will improve before the actual competitive games start.

Should be decent test next week, one pre season game , then onto a cup game . Hopefully give they Motherwell bastards a hiding .

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

How did the older boy Hill look? Did he cope ok with the pace of the Yanks? I'm taking it that we still played a high line.

Solid enough mate , pretty untroubled . Think will be a good signing .  He will bring us bags of experience what we lacked last year . 

2 minutes ago, scott_22 said:

Solid enough mate , pretty untroubled . Think will be a good signing .  He will bring us bags of experience what we lacked last year . 

That's what I read about him on the wee London Rangers sites. Supposed to a good solid dependable no nonsense sort. Exactly what we need.

6 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

That's what I read about him on the wee London Rangers sites. Supposed to a good solid dependable no nonsense sort. Exactly what we need.

6 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Defo mate , still think we need another centre half . Don't know if the American boy is the answer , time will tell I'm sure . In Warbuton we trust .:ukflag:

True mate. I personally think Wilson is better than Rob but none of them look completely reliable in the way that makes you confident of few mistakes playing a high line over a season. Maybe Hill will do the Weir role and bring one of them on to the right level. Just want us to have a solid platform throughout the team so we can have a right good go at 55.

The soap dodgers will have a lot of new players too and the settled ones are mostly average or shite, so it's all to play for. Which is great considering all we've been through. Hopefully this Rodgers character buys a lot of overpriced mince. A good striker and I'm going to stick a bet on us as we will create more chances than anyone with the way we play.