*****The offical Charleston Battery Vs Rangers thread*****

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Chill out lol. It was widely reported. Sorry for stating facts.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/rangers-bound-josh-windass-and-matt-crooks-take-to-twitter-to-express-delight_sto5049937/story.shtml

Andy Newport also ran with it at the time. 

The Press Association have said that they understand this to be the case BUT still no confirmation that this clause actually exists so you aren't stating facts you are only stating something that has been reported without actual evidence.

It can only be stated as a fact if it is from someone who is involved with the contract and provides actual evidence of this clause.

1 hour ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

The Press Association have said that they understand this to be the case BUT still no confirmation that this clause actually exists so you aren't stating facts you are only stating something that has been reported without actual evidence.

It can only be stated as a fact if it is from someone who is involved with the contract and provides actual evidence of this clause.

Nae bother mate:lol:

17 hours ago, craigrfcc said:

Battery's goal, poor defending. Will try and get a link for our goals

Needless fucking around at the back.

To which we are prone.

Best get it out of the system before the real stuff starts.

On 07/07/2016 at 3:43 AM, JM1872 said:

Do you fully expect to receive though mate :lol: ? How long was estimated for delivery?

I ordered 2 from Puma when they had them up, they both arrived at the start of the week

I just posted a couple pics in the Home Kit thread to try and show it, but the check patterns aren't too visible sadly 

It did take it's time getting here though :lol:

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

Needless fucking around at the back.

To which we are prone.

Best get it out of the system before the real stuff starts.

Aye, poor goal to lose. Are they a top league team? Just looking at the flimsy stadium. Hope so as not much point wasting our time with lower league shite.

1 hour ago, William McBeath said:

Aye, poor goal to lose. Are they a top league team? Just looking at the flimsy stadium. Hope so as not much point wasting our time with lower league shite.

From the United Soccer League, so not top flight. The likes of Vancouver Whitecaps, LA Galaxy & NY Red Bulls all have 2nd teams in it.

Looks to be a tier below MLS.

Oldest continuously operating club in the States, apparently.

I'm told they beat West Brom in a friendly last summer.

On 8. juli 2016 at 3:07 PM, HG5 said:

From the United Soccer League, so not top flight. The likes of Vancouver Whitecaps, LA Galaxy & NY Red Bulls all have 2nd teams in it.

Looks to be a tier below MLS.

Oldest continuously operating club in the States, apparently.

I'm told they beat West Brom in a friendly last summer.

Im sure West Brom beat them 2-1 as well.

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Im sure West Brom beat them 2-1 as well.

They did indeed.

I was just going by what someone had told me.

They're not donkeys, though, if they can keep it respectable against an EPL side.

15 hours ago, HG5 said:

They did indeed.

I was just going by what someone had told me.

They're not donkeys, though, if they can keep it respectable against an EPL side.

Someone said they couldnt get relegated or even promoted? Dont really know how it works over there.. All franchise bullshit. 

12 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Someone said they couldnt get relegated or even promoted? Dont really know how it works over there.. All franchise bullshit. 

They're right - seems none of the major sports have in North America.

I agree with the 'franchise bullshit'.

It must give a degree of stability, though, but I'm not sure how that works when you remove the traditional rewards for success & penalties for failure, as we have over here.

Reading through this thread and I think some people are being a bit harsh on us.

I don't think we played great, but we did OK considering it was our first pre-season game, the other side of the world and in that intense heat (even at night and after a thunder storm - the sweat was pissing out you just standing there)

I don't think Charleston are a great team, but they're a professional team, half way through a season and used to playing in the conditions and heat.

The second half we grew right into the game and started to take a bit of shape once the likes of Walsh came off and McKay/Forrester came on. Not singling out Walsh but a lot of our play was going down that side and he's not that great a player IMO - the second half when we had better options down that flank we started to create and a play better.

It was a good execrise IMO and sets us up for Motherwell on Saturday nicely.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Reading through this thread and I think some people are being a bit harsh on us.

I don't think we played great, but we did OK considering it was our first pre-season game, the other side of the world and in that intense heat (even at night and after a thunder storm - the sweat was pissing out you just standing there)

I don't think Charleston are a great team, but they're a professional team, half way through a season and used to playing in the conditions and heat.

The second half we grew right into the game and started to take a bit of shape once the likes of Walsh came off and McKay/Forrester came on. Not singling out Walsh but a lot of our play was going down that side and he's not that great a player IMO - the second half when we had better options down that flank we started to create and a play better.

It was a good execrise IMO and sets us up for Motherwell on Saturday nicely.

Totally agree with this, it was a chance for a run out of both new & younger players.  I also thought their goalie was quite good as well and made a couple of good saves.