**** Official East Stirlingshire vs Rangers Match Thread ****

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm hardly overly critical here  but that was pretty rank against, I'll repeat, Lowlands League part-time players in their pre season. 

And if you think that second half performance will cut it you're wrong, we'll get punished by top 6 teams.

But we've got a way to go and 2 weeks to get there which I'm sure we will.

Did I say the second half would cut it? It's basically pre-season for us, the score line doesn't really matter unless we got beat. We have the game on Monday then Burnley on Saturday, then we'll be prepared and pump Hamilton.

I think we're a CB and striker away from being twice as good as last season, so there's no worries at all.

4 minutes ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

Did I say the second half would cut it? It's basically pre-season for us, the score line doesn't really matter unless we got beat. We have the game on Monday then Burnley on Saturday, then we'll be prepared and pump Hamilton.

I think we're a CB and striker away from being twice as good as last season, so there's no worries at all.

You said the players couldn't be faulted as they are in pre season mode. 

I think players can be faulted as that's part of what pre season is about - getting them ship shape. 

Some folk just hate any criticism as if it's a challenge against the club or something. But the reality is we've got plenty fitness to sort and sharpness of play to sort and we've got 2 weeks to get there. 

If the CF taught us one thing it's that if we're not physically ready and up for the game we're vulnerable.

Fair enough if you disagree, can't actually be arsed arguing tonight.

32 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wish more opponents could show such gentlemanly conduct. 

One of the positives of being in the lower leagues was the conduct of our opponents. Granted we were giving them publicity and helping them to generate funds but we were welcomed at each and every ground in the league 1 and 2.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You said the players couldn't be faulted as they are in pre season mode. 

I think players can be faulted as that's part of what pre season is about - getting them ship shape. 

Some folk just hate any criticism as if it's a challenge against the club or something. But the reality is we've got plenty fitness to sort and sharpness of play to sort and we've got 2 weeks to get there. 

If the CF taught us one thing it's that if we're not physically ready and up for the game we're vulnerable.

Fair enough if you disagree, can't actually be arsed arguing tonight.

Not arguing with you, mate. Its the matter of opinions.

Its obvious we wont be up to scratch as we only played one pre-season game, hence why we're treating these games as pre-seasons.