**** Official Rangers vs Stranraer Match Thread ****

Why do people dig and dig to find a negative? If there's nothing obvious sticking out it's because we're in control, we've scored two goals and are pretty much enjoying Rangers training

I'd bring Dodoo on for McKay and give the wee man a rest. He's different class but the job is done

Playing ok. Nice and comfortable. Barton and Nico were getting better and more involved as the half went on.

I'm sorry to sound like I'm picking on him but I honestly don't see what Halliday brings to this midfield now we have a lot better options in there.

I'd like to see Rossiter take his place at half time.

I don't think the forward 3 looks right. Can't quite put my finger on it but Wallace and McKay have got into great positions around the bye-line a couple of times but there's literally no-one there following it up in the positions they should be.

I think we have a lot more gears to step up into but I want to see us be ruthless in and around this box. It's an age-old frustration for me.

Still a good half.

I thought Barton was pretty poor at the start but is getting into it as it goes on.

Kranjcar catches the eye but waiting for some end product from him, a good assist or chip in with a goal, even just get a few shooting chances.

McKay is sublime. Wallace playing great.

Defence has been solid. Forrester a little off, Waghorn okay, got his goals. Tavernier been fine. Overall been really comfortable, good watch, just one or two players need to up the ante a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Why do people dig and dig to find a negative? If there's nothing obvious sticking out it's because we're in control, we've scored two goals and are pretty much enjoying Rangers training

I'd bring Dodoo on for McKay and give the wee man a rest. He's different class but the job is done

Matchday threads in here are a killer. Best avoided most of the time.

It's a pre-season training game and the team are in cruise control. The crowd are getting to see new players and some good play so not sure why anyone is moaning. We're going to be a good side this season.

People need to remember these BetFred games are but building for the league campaign.  Expect three changes.  Barton strolling as is Nico, expect three goals in the second half.

Halliday and Holt as predicted weeks ago will see a lot of time on the bench the season, just not the class we need in midfield.

Just now, TheMotor said:

Matchday threads in here are a killer. Best avoided most of the time.

It's a pre-season training game and the team are in cruise control. The crowd are getting to see new players and some good play so not sure why anyone is moaning. We're going to be a good side this season.

and still the wanks on here find something to complain about. Fenian bastards, if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I thought Barton was pretty poor at the start but is getting into it as it goes on.

Kranjcar catches the eye but waiting for some end product from him, a good assist or chip in with a goal, even just get a few shooting chances.

McKay is sublime. Wallace playing great.

Defence has been solid. Forrester a little off, Waghorn okay, got his goals. Tavernier been fine. Overall been really comfortable, good watch, just one or two players need to up the ante a bit. 

I agree in terms of Barton and krancjar, seem to be slowing the game down a bit, but it's still early early days, tempo will pick up and Barton can ping the passes about first time as he was doing at end of the first half.