Rangers hanging their fans out to dry (part 2)

K.A.I

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

:lol: Championship rivalry caused it.. 2 whole seasons...about 19 months worth of football season, 8 games worth ... in over 130 years, at a guess of other games. Heard it all now.

No it wasn't that...it was first cup win in 100 years, a little over exuberance. If you've made it into the park why not smack a Rangers player or two or goad some disabled fans.

12 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Not sure how it works but I'm sure the police have pictures of supporters of concern/note/banned. If you were to turn up at the stadium and they caught you i think a jail term can be imposed.

If I was banned I'd get someone else to pick me up a ticket and I'd still be going.  If they caught you, which is highly unlikely, they'd simply ask you to leave. 

27 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Would you put yourself in danger for £6 and hour, it's bad management that was wrong. From the police gaffers, to the security gaffers. It was a cluster fuck and the gaffers are the only ones getting away with it. Shocking 

If you don't want to do the job, don't take it. Simples!

18 minutes ago, Camshy said:

No they didnt and again another fair comment, sounds like im defending the hibs fans......im not but i do think if you consider everything then it kind of explains their actions.

Lets not forget the rivalry that existed during our championship days with them.......mob mentality has a lot to do with it as well. As soon as one goes on thrn another follows and so on. Was the same with our own support, i was close to the first lad who jumped the barrier and thrn another and another etc.

I just struggle accept our own fans were protecting everyone else in a blue shirt that day.

WTF is this pish. 

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

If you don't want to do the job, don't take it. Simples!

I've worked as a Steward and it's a very shitty job.  The pay is low and you don't get paid extra when a game goes in to overtime or for time spent travelling to and from the stadium.  I use to do Tynecastle and at the end of the season all their fans run on to the pitch.  I was told by my supervisor to stop them but how can you?  The outnumber the security and are jumping over the walls so it's not like you can just close a door.  You also get drunk cunts jumping over the turnstyles when they're drunk and it's not like you're going to go chasing after them and tackle them to the floor.  If I tackled a guy, knocked him to the floor and hurt him, I'd probably be the one getting done.  Being a Steward is a bit of cash on the side for students and folk like that.  Stewards are not a highly trained security team by ant means.

People work jobs because they need money, mate.  Not many are interested in risking their own safety for £15 a game which is what I use to get paid.

12 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If I was banned I'd get someone else to pick me up a ticket and I'd still be going.  If they caught you, which is highly unlikely, they'd simply ask you to leave. 

As another poster has said, if you have been banned and are found at the game you could serve jail time..........be a big risk to take, even to watch the bears.

9 minutes ago, Camshy said:

No they didnt and again another fair comment, sounds like im defending the hibs fans......im not but i do think if you consider everything then it kind of explains their actions.

Lets not forget the rivalry that existed during our championship days with them.......mob mentality has a lot to do with it as well. As soon as one goes on thrn another follows and so on. Was the same with our own support, i was close to the first lad who jumped the barrier and thrn another and another etc.

I just struggle accept our own fans were protecting everyone else in a blue shirt that day.

I can fully accept that there were bears who entered the pitch with alterior motives, can you accept that a lot of our support weren't willing to sit there and watch our players being attacked while the police did fuck all? Everyman and their dog it seems is trying to demonise our support and i'd prefer the board didn't join in with the pile on and instead waited for the courts to decide the guilty.

Absolutely shite move from the club.  Can understand the uproar now after seeing these two letters.  Hibs basically wanting a wee chit chat and probably offering up an alibi whereas Bears are being banned without refund without any sort of discourse.  Utterly pathetic and weak stance to take.

Hope you can get this sorted and overturned mate.

This is definitely where a proper fan board would be earning it's crust. The fact that the board have been doing so much good work just makes this all the more disappointing. Doesn't matter what it says in the T&Cs, they've dealt with it badly. And Hibs do seem to have dealt with it more properly. 

Hopefully they're not ignorant of the fact that this hasn't gone down well.

Two points here:

Is anyone here a member of C1872?   If yes then contact them about this.   They should take ANY point raised by members to RFC.

We have God knows how many pages of the two threads on this subject but has anyone considered writing to Stewart Robertson about this issue?

1 minute ago, Irn Blu said:

Absolutely shite move from the club.  Can understand the uproar now after seeing these two letters.  Hibs basically wanting a wee chit chat and probably offering up an alibi whereas Bears are being banned without refund without any sort of discourse.  Utterly pathetic and weak stance to take.

If you read the Hibs one, He's also banned. His membership (which is his ST) is "on hold".

2 minutes ago, Irn Blu said:

Hivs can't afford to lose anymore of their paying support while our board can't afford to let anything get in the way of that bridge building.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This is definitely where a proper fan board would be earning it's crust. The fact that the board have been doing so much good work just makes this all the more disappointing. Doesn't matter what it says in the T&Cs, they've dealt with it badly. And Hibs do seem to have dealt with it more properly. 

Hopefully they're not ignorant of the fact that this hasn't gone down well.

Guy getting the Hibs letter is also indefinitely banned. They've just been more polite in their letter.

Outwith these two threads I've not seen a peep about it elsewhere

6 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I can fully accept that there were bears who entered the pitch with alterior motives, can you accept that a lot of our support weren't willing to sit there and watch our players being attacked while the police did fuck all? Everyman and their dog it seems is trying to demonise our support and i'd prefer the board didn't join in with the pile on and instead waited for the courts to decide the guilty.

The situation with the board and specifically the part about ST does seem a poor one to take but at the end of the day if you have done nothing wrong then there is nothing to worry about.

Being at the game I couldnt actually see the players but my big m8 actually said to me after several minutes of them b3ing on the pitch that you wonder about our own players.

Have only seen one or two clips online so cant really comment on the actuall assault on the players but the ones i have seen were hibs fans running past, big wes and pushing him and also Kiernan.......not saying it didnt happen just that i havent seen the clips, if there are any. Those who touched the players will be dealt with, havent one of them already been charged ?

Just now, The Dude said:

If you read the Hibs one, He's also banned. His membership (which is his ST) is "on hold".

True, it just reads so much more laid back so to speak.  Willing to listen to their fans.  No drastic measure taken until all parties have had their say.

Its a disgrace that Bears aren't first being given a chance to defend their actions before being found guilty by the club

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"on hold" is miles different to indefinate ban, forfeited season ticket with no compensation due to ALLEGED criminal conduct.

Hibs have gave them the chance to meet and explain, Rangers haven't. Why do you keep trying to fight this lost cause?

Just now, K.A.I said:

"on hold" is miles different to indefinate ban, forfeited season ticket with no compensation due to ALLEGED criminal conduct.

Hibs have gave them the chance to meet and explain, Rangers haven't. Why do you keep trying to fight this lost cause?

Because he's a fucking junkie himself by his own admission.

4 minutes ago, Camshy said:

The situation with the board and specifically the part about ST does seem a poor one to take but at the end of the day if you have done nothing wrong then there is nothing to worry about.

Being at the game I couldnt actually see the players but my big m8 actually said to me after several minutes of them b3ing on the pitch that you wonder about our own players.

Have only seen one or two clips online so cant really comment on the actuall assault on the players but the ones i have seen were hibs fans running past, big wes and pushing him and also Kiernan.......not saying it didnt happen just that i havent seen the clips, if there are any. Those who touched the players will be dealt with, havent one of them already been charged ?

You calling the Rangers management liars then I take it. 

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

Because he's a fucking junkie himself by his own admission.

I am?

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What's different between being banned indefinitely and being on hold indefinitely? Both would see someone having paid for a ST they can't use.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Because he likes to pick an argument just for the hell of it. 

Just now, The Dude said:

I am?

What's different between being banned indefinitely and being on hold indefinitely? Both would see someone having paid for a ST they can't use.

I explained to you why it's different - the context is there but you keep ignoring it. Do you enjoy this? you know going against the grain for attention?