*** Official EPL Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 ***

Mols94

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Trying to find a way to get Aguero in my team after this coming weekend, I currently have Ibra, Costa and Sanchez, would swapping those three for Aguero, Lukaku and Hazard be a good idea?

Don't buy Hazard, he's utter mince, doesn't get you anything

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2016 at 6:36 PM, DBBTB said:

Took a risk with my wildcard and spend big to go with Lukaku, Costa & Aguero upfront and more middle budget midfielders. It's working ok so far.

I ignored advice of putting Lakaku and stuck with Ibrahimovic and yeah was a mistake if it wasn't for Cotinho I'd be bottom.

8 hours ago, ex-guardsman said:

I ignored advice of putting Lakaku and stuck with Ibrahimovic and yeah was a mistake if it wasn't for Cotinho I'd be bottom.

Lukaku blows hot and cold but I start with him every year because heĀ usually starts well andĀ then fades.Ā I'm already keeping an eye on other strikers who are in form for when he does eventually tail off.

Did well at this ages ago, was unbeaten inĀ the work competition winning itĀ three times in a row, and finished in the top 0.5% in 2010, had Cole, Lampard and Drogba from Title winners Chelsea that year, and they piled on the points.

(Took up a lot of my time though, and became a bit obsessive after a while, hence why I don't play it now.)

Ā 

A few wee tips.

Keep up with the latest news on team selections, postponements and double fixtures.

Always pick your team at the last moment. Sometimes you can even get the team announcements early, or pick up injuries and managers choices for the game just ahead of the deadline and change the team accordingly.

Pick your teams right on the deadline. Really helped me when there were postponements, especially late ones.Ā Ā I'd wait till there were only a few games left after postponements and bring in players from teams that were playing. Was even worth a few extra hits transfer points as you were virtually guaranteed to recoup the points or more from players playing whilst others had half a team missing. Could sometimes gain 30-40 points from having a full team playing.

Defenders from the bottom teams often got clean sheets when the bottom teams were playing each other, so was good to bring in cheap defenders from them when they had a run against the other poor teams. So look ahead at the fixtures.

And really important. Always pile in on in-form players playing twice in a game week, even if they cost transfer pointsĀ The points transfer is quickly recouped when they play both games.Ā 

Always go for the two likely top scorers over the wholeĀ season and stick, and it's usually the obvious ones, i.e.Aguero and Costa. If you don't get them in you're struggling every week.

Hope this helps.

Ā 

I've never understood why people spend big money on keepers and defenders, especially central defenders.

One fuck up that leads to a goal andĀ they are no better than the defenders and keepers at cheap clubs who have also conceded goals.

Generally speaking I go for a keeper at a poorer team because more often than not the number of saves they make earns them more poi at and I try to stick with full backs rather than centre halves because there is more of a chance of an assistĀ for them.

It frees up a lot more money for players who really can make a big difference by scoring and assistingĀ further up the park.