***Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

We've come up a division and teams have done nothing but sit in, it's a complement in someways. But if we're not that great then why do it... Motherwell grafted hard today and had clearly been told by the manager if you give Rangers an easy ride you're finished with me, the complete opposite to his previous i'm guessing. 

We looked a labored through most of the game and never got into full flow, but grinding results is better than not getting them. I'm confident that it's coming together and we'll be fully up and running come September. 

Also the referee had a stinker!!

22 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

Interviewer to McGhee : " So, Mark , a hard game, but you lost in the end. How do you feel it went?"

McGhee: "Celtic, for me, are still, by far, the best team in Scotland".

Honestly this fucking rat needs to be investigated. It's tantamount to match fixing in my opinion. 

Awful first half, not fuckin good enough.

Better second half and Kranjcar did well when he came on. 

Sorry but I have not been impressed with Barton and don't know what he brings to the team (so far).

Big Wes made 2 good saves and kept us in it.

Anyway well done Gers.

A game of grit and determination, but we'll need more than that away to Celtic and Aberdeen.

But I think we are gelling and getting it together, albeit slower than I hoped for. Looking forward to seeing a full strength team.

How do we beat these teams that park the bus? Simple - score first!

34 minutes ago, markem said:

Whether we like it or not we have just came up a division.  The inevitability is that comes with transition.  Have we looked great whilst we adjust? No, I agree.  Are we undefeated and top of the table? Yes.

Like Hamilton those cunts today done nothing but try and kill the game - its hard to play against.  Stop giving away the cheap goal, get the first at home and we will smash a few teams.

Well done Rangers, 3 unlikely looking points.

We hae also brought in around 10 new players most of whom will take time to settle. Lots of individuals with plenty to offer the club, manager needs to now translate that into a 'team'.  Nico adds a quality that was missing last season but that was glossed over because we were beating teams at a lower level.  Still feeling confident about the season ahead.

We won and I'm ecstatic we did .

However the excuses have started already 

We were simply shocking today and until either Wilson or Kiernan are taken out of this team .Our defence is going to make it hard for any team to get the confidence and momentum .

Wilson today was a bomb scare but I'm absolutely certain there will be many who continue to make excuses for him 

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We were simply shocking today and until either Wilson or Kiernan are taken out of this team .Our defence is going to make it hard for any team to get the confidence and momentum .

Wilson today was a bomb scare but I'm absolutely certain there will be many who continue to make excuses for him 

Both need taken out. The worst two in this league.

Halliday is fucking bang average he's been moved into that role holt made his own last season and he isn't good enough to do it. A feel windass has been brought in to take holts place and Halliday can sit on the bench or even better in the stand with us as he's "one of our own" 

Thank fuck we won but this is not good enough. Too many with the spirit of Capucho instead of John Brown. That's without even taking into consideration that we're trying to get wine from water with half these guys. All decent enough players in their own right but too much is being asked of the defenders at times. Most of them are average players and that's why we got them for buttons. Hopefully this new striker is as good in the air as fans of his old club say as we have been throwing crosses at no one for years.

But we need proper attitude among these guys if we are going to do it this season. Some have it like Barton who I liked because you could tell was getting really sick of being behind. Tavernier worked his socks off like most of them and put in lots of crosses whilst Rossiter seems to pop-up all about the place but too many look like they don't know what's at stake already. This is not England. We can not afford to drop points. Even though they might work hard there is a difference in attitude and commitment I believe. Take Tavernier who had a decent enough game when he put his foot in after being challenged but the lad broke away somehow from behind him. He put his foot in like it was a game of football. Wrong fucking mentality all together, it has to go in with complete authority so that either you win it or the both of you end tangled up and on your arses with the other guy beneath you and you with your arms in the air.

I suppose I'm talking about spirit, determination, and absolute will-power to do whatever it takes to succeed at every moment. The sort of thing that all our successful former players had in abundance no matter how limited their talent. Think of Andrews, Broadfoot, or Hurlock here, that's the spirit that's needed. Yeah ok lots of players may cover a lot of ground and do their shift but does it really matter? This is Rangers and that attitude is no use. How many of these guys have won title's before, especially in such a nip-and-tuck type of league? They don't know our football and probably only realise at a mental level that you have to win every game. No doubt some are not good enough to live with that intensity but you have to make them feel it to find out. The problem is that you can't make them feel it by talking lots of the time. It takes a real died-in-the-wool proper one of us to do that. Most of us have pride and you can see that especially in people like Barton but not many of these guys know the nature of the Scottish game.

Of course it is true that lots of them are not the most commanding of figures anyway but if they keep going into these fixtures with the attitude that they are playing a normal football match then this season is going to be like being sheep-shaggers or maybe even as bad as the parkhead soap-dodgers were during my first 20 years of football. We can all see the defensive and cynical tactics that teams are using against us but if we don't start becoming absolute bastards ourselves then we will win nothing. This isn't an Advocaat squad so need for ruthlessness is even more urgent. We need hunger, heart, balls, in addition to the talent we have. How do we get that from players that think they already have it before we crucify them and lots disappear into their own shells.

Who knows but I do know that Warburton and Weir, despite being fantastic and having played for us for years, can not deliver that part of the deal. They are talkers/communicators who will explain to you what it means and you will repeat it on Rangers TV like Waghorn did today while that dafty commentator was cracking jokes as we lost. But we all know that is bollocks. Its the sort of shite tartan army shite that leads to players being happy with second best. There is no John Brown, Souness, or Butcher in there to go absolutely nuts just because losing a single game is not good enough. Instead we will hear shite about we must improve in the next game. We all hear and understand normal communication but the truth is that to feel it deep like we do then sometimes it has to be demonstrated physically. These players have to realise that a foot stuck in is not enough. It has to be all or nothing every single time for every single moment of every match. 

I will take shit for this on here but as much as he is a legend of more worth than even most of our 9inarow boys, Lee Wallace is too placid a player to be our captain this season. Trouble is we can't drop him now but lets be honest, does anybody see him going nuts and making you feel deep down that if Rangers don't win then you might as well be dead? Because that's the way we almost feel for the day and I just don't believe most of our players feel anything like that. I bet half way into the season they can talk about feeling shite once the reality of a bad start dawns but we know its often too late by then. As much as I love big Lee we need to find an opportunity to get a real captain again on the field.

Sorry about this rant my friends and I am getting fed up of even this now but that pissed me right off today. I hope this new boy from Preston does the business and that we get a proper good centre half. Even the big Greek boy we had would be amazing this year. But a fair bit of it is down to our system. As much as Warburton have basically proved me wrong and given me renewed optimism in the game by playing proper quality football for no money, that won't really matter up here if you don't win the league. We are an open attacking team and that is great to see but we seem to stay open so that teams can come through us easily. We need to become better at dropping back and defending in numbers when our attacks break down.

Rant over but still a bit pissed off, that was never good enough lads. Motherwell defended as deep as I think I've ever seen and always seemed to have players everywhere but unless we learn to almost completely dominate these teams then we are in for a disappointing season.     

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Totally disagree. I thought Wilson was solid today. 

3 hours ago, gkb10127 said:

What a relief!!! 3 points!!! ? MOH should really have scored that at the end to kill it off but just happy to have the 3 points

Was actually great at the end mate :541:

Would probably kill me quickly if it was like that every week :lol: