Jump to content
GabrielTomato

English Football

Recommended Posts


5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Seen a couple of comments from Liverpool fans about how '''money has won' etc 

Liverpool are a great team but it's not as if they haven't spent themselves :lol: 

Spent £130 million on a goalkeeper and a defender to turn themselves into a team capable of challenging for the title :lol:

simplythebest likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Seen a couple of comments from Liverpool fans about how '''money has won' etc 

Liverpool are a great team but it's not as if they haven't spent themselves :lol: 

Not really wrong though, it's the most expensive squad in history. 702mil apparently. 

At the end of the day though, it's won on the park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Spent £130 million on a goalkeeper and a defender to turn themselves into a team capable of challenging for the title :lol:

Made a hell of a difference to the team though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

Not really wrong though, it's the most expensive squad in history. 702mil apparently. 

At the end of the day though, it's won on the park. 

Of course Man City have spent a lot, just find it cringe other fans trying to act morally superior over it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Of course Man City have spent a lot, just find it cringe other fans trying to act morally superior over it 

There aren’t many top clubs now who don’t have the backing of some multinational company.

simplythebest likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2019 at 22:24, CraigG said:

I think Liverpool are going to win the title. Do you really think they will lose or draw to Wolves after tonight? Of course not but I can see City failing to win t Brighton as they have been shit for weeks now. 

:rofl:

ForeverAndEver likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2019 at 07:37, CraigG said:

Well we'll have to see. But City have not been good recently despite 13 wins. They have been anything but convincing and I think it is in the script that they will end up with only the League Cup (which is worse than winning nothing for them). 

:redcard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Wee bit harsh for Brighton to sack Chris Hughton.?

But they did get very close to being relegated so perhaps it's only to be expected.

I don’t think it is tbh. 

Brighton have been awful this season and he’s a limited manager who deploys park the bus tactics in a league where more and more teams are appointing managers who have reputations as great coaches, have experience at Champions League level or who play high tempo geggenpressing football.

They’ve been in the league a couple of seasons now,  so it’s probably time for them to twist rather than stick and try to push on a bit. It might backfire on them like it did when Stoke got rid of Pulis but yeah, I can understand why they’ve made the decision to get rid of him.

TEFTONG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think it is tbh. 

Brighton have been awful this season and he’s a limited manager who deploys park the bus tactics in a league where more and more teams are appointing managers who have reputations as great coaches, have experience at Champions League level or who play high tempo geggenpressing football.

They’ve been in the league a couple of seasons now,  so it’s probably time for them to twist rather than stick and try to push on a bit. It might backfire on them like it did when Stoke got rid of Pulis but yeah, I can understand why they’ve made the decision to get rid of him.

Your spot on. I'm sure his level is Championship at best.

Geggenpressing is a new one right enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Your spot on. I'm sure his level is Championship at best.

Geggenpressing is a new one right enough...

That’s just the football nerd in me coming out :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...