English Football

Clemdog

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Does anybody know where this reputation as an elite manager in waiting that Arteta seems to have now has actually come from?

He’s heavily tipped to go to Arsenal, he’s been talked about as Pep’s successor at City and he was linked with Everton too. 

It seems mental that he is in the discussion for jobs like that considering he’s never actually managed anywhere yet.

Could literally be just because he’s worked under pep 

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is literally all done to that imo, and a new trend of former players starting in management getting bigged up to fuck.

There seems to be a lot of talk about now he has good relationships with the players and how he’s tactically astute during games. It’s one thing doing it as the number two good cop to the number one bad cop bit doing it on your own is another thing entirely.

I like Arteta and I hope he does well, but it’s a massive risk for Arsenal at a time when they needed a big experienced name with a strong personality.

Who the fuck are these useless pricks running Arsenal 

For years they kept fucking up by not sacking Wenger, years before he should have been 

The idiots sanction a 25 mill move, for a left back from the bheasts .A player who is clearly made of glass 

Then they pay 2 mill compensation to Man City for Arteta “ the king return” is embarrassing headline 

The guy was bang average for them when he played .What on earth has he done to justify being made manager of an Institution .I feel really sorry for Arsenal fans .Paying top dollar too 

I give it 18months and we will be back here looking for another manager 

I honestly think this is a massive mistake 

45 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

For years they kept fucking up by not sacking Wenger, years before he should have been 

The idiots sanction a 25 mill move, for a left back from the bheasts .A player who is clearly made of glass 

Then they pay 2 mill compensation to Man City for Arteta “ the king return” is embarrassing headline 

The guy was bang average for them when he played .What on earth has he done to justify being made manager of an Institution .I feel really sorry for Arsenal fans .Paying top dollar too 

This is probably nowhere near the daftest thing they’ve done tbh.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

There’s about four people who run the club. The guy who they brought in from dortmund is the sporting director, Edu is the technical director, Kroenke’s son and then Kroenke himself has the final sign off. Absolute shambles.

57 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Read an article by Balague, they are really pushing Arteta. 

They genuinely seem to think he'll be the next big coach.

If he does well for Arsenal he’ll only be there for a couple of years before he will fuck off to Barcelona IMO.