English Football

Clemdog

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Never, ever liked that presenter on Sky but I felt for him at the end of Neville's rant about racism. 

Clearly something he was told in his ear to say and people are acting like Sky were saying they disagree that racism is bad which is just silly. Just looking for things to complain about, it was clearly because Neville brought politics into the conversation (which I personally don't care about, it was a balanced statement taking no sides) but if Sky decide they want to back off from the political opinions in what was effectively accusing the parties of being racists then it's not the presenter's fault if he's being shouted at to say that.

Whether you think it's right or wrong for Sky to throw Neville under the bus a little bit, people can sit and debate about it on twitter all night but Jones was live on air and being told to say something within 5 seconds of time which is what his job is to do. He's explained and apologised for it on twitter, non-issue regarding him. Also when you bring politics like that into a football show it's expected that the company will want to not be represented by specific political opinions.

I would say well done to Gary Neville, more than forgiving on Jones and distasteful and poor judgement from Sky to say anything or at least have it be expressed as poorly as it was. Move on I say. 

12 hours ago, Broxi said:

Clearly something he was told in his ear to say and people are acting like Sky were saying they disagree that racism is bad which is just silly. Just looking for things to complain about, it was clearly because Neville brought politics into the conversation (which I personally don't care about, it was a balanced statement taking no sides) but if Sky decide they want to back off from the political opinions in what was effectively accusing the parties of being racists then it's not the presenter's fault if he's being shouted at to say that.

Whether you think it's right or wrong for Sky to throw Neville under the bus a little bit, people can sit and debate about it on twitter all night but Jones was live on air and being told to say something within 5 seconds of time which is what his job is to do. He's explained and apologised for it on twitter, non-issue regarding him. Also when you bring politics like that into a football show it's expected that the company will want to not be represented by specific political opinions.

I would say well done to Gary Neville, more than forgiving on Jones and distasteful and poor judgement from Sky to say anything or at least have it be expressed as poorly as it was. Move on I say. 

He insinuated that the Premier League are hiding behind the FA to avoid taking action over the situation and he insinuated that the Prime Minister and leader of the opposition are racist apologists at the very least.

If people can't understand why a media company would want to make it clear that those 2 statements don't reflect the views of the company then they don't understand how easy it would be for them to get sued for those statements.

Regardless of the racism, Lampard should have called out the play acting:

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has defended Antonio Rudiger after he was criticised for his part in Tottenham forward Son Heung-min's red card on Sunday.

Spurs manager Jose Mourinho was unhappy with the Blues defender's reaction to Son's challenge in Chelsea's 2-0 win.

Lampard said it was "disappointing" to question Rudiger's integrity while an investigation into alleged racial abuse directed at the German is ongoing.

"I do defend Toni firmly on it," said Lampard.

Tottenham's appeal against Son's red card - which was issued after VAR ruled he had kicked out at Rudiger - failed on Tuesday.