English Football

Clemdog

Harry Kane scores, pulls his hamstring and it’s ruled offside. 

Spurs fans sing ‘Harry Kane he’s one of our own’ as he is subbed off. 

VAR checks the goal...Is confirmed as offside. 

Southampton fans sing ‘VAR he’s one of our own’ :lol: :lol: 

Rate that. 

My fix of live football today was Ebbsfleet v Dagenham and Redbridge in the national league (conference)  my kids were in bed hungover my wife was rattling the hoover around so I said fuck that off  the match, the standard is pretty brutal and the game finished 1-1, bonus is the bar is open all the way through the match and it was showing the Southampton /Spurs game, there might have been 1000-1200 ish at the game and a fair % never seen fuck all of the Ebbsfleet game, I split myself between the two.

West Brom must be the most powder puff side ,ever seen going for a championship 

At half time .I thought about putting money on Leeds .Not because they were playing well .Just that WBA look a team full of pussies .And I’ve always thought Kyle Bartley is shite .Probably finish a draw now 

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

What a time to have been playing Man Utd. Gutted we didnt draw them... would have been the perfect time to claim a scalp like that. They would not deal with us!

Watching this right now. Man Utd. are pish and getting schooled by an Arsenal team low in confidence. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Happy New Year mate. How’s things in the Faroes?  

You too.. Pretty hefty storm which stopped most bonfires/fireworks last night..  Said to get even worse though the night now. Wind of about 100 mph just now. So Id say its definitely whisky time 😄 

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

You too.. Pretty hefty storm which stopped most bonfires/fireworks last night..  Said to get even worse though the night now. Wind of about 100 mph just now. So Id say its definitely whisky time 😄 

Holy shit! Hurricane north mate. Just finished a bottle of Dalmore I got for Christmas. Weather here in Canada is really good today. 

15 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Eddie Howe must be starting to worry about his job a little bit.

Unquestionably done a good job there but they aren’t improving any more, if anything they are regressing. 

How far can he realistically take Bournemouth.

He has done as just about as good of a job that is realistically possible - the only can be down.

8 hours ago, Badger said:

How far can he realistically take Bournemouth.

He has done as just about as good of a job that is realistically possible - the only can be down.

The thing is now the EPL is getting close to an even playing field with the spread of the tv megamoney meaning that even the unglamorous clubs are rolling in it, hence giving the fans unrealistic expectations "if we are spending all that money on players and paying £???'s per week we should be up there challenging"

In reality all it has done is falsely inflate the transfer market resulting in clubs paying superstar money for ok footballers then the ok footballers because they cost superstar money want superstar wages., then the chairman and board start thinking along the same lines as the fans resulting in the sack for the manager citing results and thanks for the service blah blah.

Howe is a victim of his own moderate success at Bournemouth but as you say where can they go apart from escaping relegation every year hopefully finishing mid table, they are one of maybe 12 teams of plodders doing exactly that, Chris Wilder is the manager that has done the rest no favours by over performing with Sheffield United who are now the team the plodders want to replicate.