English Football

Clemdog

18 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Might be a bit of a surprise that Vardy has the best record. However Leicester are a counter attacking side and he gets more space against top sides. 20 goals in 39 against top 6. Great return.

But having more space means nothing according to @THE_MIGHTY_BEARS

Were you having a shite NYE mate? 

So many players in the Premier League when going forward play far too narrow a game and over complicate the game. Just now with Utd in the Everton game. The forward rushes to get the ball out wide, passes it to the full back in a way which allows the full back to just swing it in with players making runs forward in the penalty box. Instead he passes it back ways or sometimes turns inside to the midfield. 

Whatever happened to just the full back whipping the ball into the penalty area? It makes the opposition move backwards towards their own goal which they don't really want to be doing and it gives the attacking team the chance to attack the ball and score. Nowadays so many players and teams try to complicate it, overpass it and it goes nowhere. It's pathetic watching it. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Lingard?

If so I personally think he's pretty average and going through a purple patch above his ability. Similarly to Ramsey a couple years or so ago.

Saying that his goals are different class to Ramseys.

Yeah, when he first burst onto the scene didn't really think much of him, however he has impressed me over the last few months, actually, probably going back to the FA Cup final. As you say some of his finishing has been technically very good.

Whether he can maintain it I don't know but he has a bit of everything going forward, pacy, assists, goals. He's doing well to stay in he team as they still have some decent options. Pogba was good today as well, and some of the touches Mata has, and vision is incredible. Mata doesn't quite get the credit he deserves IMO.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Mata is massively underrated mate. Put him in that City side and he looks world class Imo.

The ball just sticks to his feet, no matter if it's fizzed into him or if he pulls it out the sky. Also, you always know he will not only see the right pass but more often than not he'll play and execute it too. Quite similar to Silva but has a wee bit more dig, although IMO i'd have Mata over Silva (not that, that's a criticism of Silva, just I really rate Mata)...........