English Football

Clemdog

15 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Joe Hart has been left out the England squad for the World Cup. 

Hardly a surprise really. Struggled to hold down a place at West Ham this season and Butland, Pope & Pickford have all played regularly. It looks like Pickford is going to get the nod, but it should be Butland IMO.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Hardly a surprise really. Struggled to hold down a place at West Ham this season and Butland, Pope & Pickford have all played regularly. It looks like Pickford is going to get the nod, but it should be Butland IMO.

I’m surprised he’s not going even just for experience purposes, I’d have Butland before Pickford also

1 hour ago, East London Loyal said:

He antagonises the supporters of clubs he manages, has a negative football philosophy and has no ability to take a club forward. 

And for what it's worth, I'd rather be subjected to the lower leagues than have to put up with negative football from the likes of Allardyce, Moyes (again) or Pulis. Old school managers who play percentages and employ clogger footballers.

The appeal to the Premier League becomes very limited if the only remit for a manager is to maintain division status at the expense of entertainment. 

I follow West Ham home and away and I like to see some flair, not 11 cloggers keeping a defensive line, hoping the big lump up top can latch onto a long ball or head it in. It's not football, it's fucking boredom. 

I’m not trying to sound like a twat but is the entertainment aspect so important to you because that’s basically the best that you can hope to achieve because realistically speaking West Ham have got no chance of breaking into the top four and although you could probably get into the Europa League whenever that happens most clubs treat it like a chore rather than an achievement because it usually has a negative effect on their league form. Like I said, I’m not trying to sound like a twat, but I’ve always wondered what a supporter of a club who are (with respect) effectively just making up the numbers hope for or want their club to achieve every season?

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not trying to sound like a twat but is the entertainment aspect so important to you because that’s basically the best that you can hope to achieve because realistically speaking West Ham have got no chance of breaking into the top four and although you could probably get into the Europa League whenever that happens most clubs treat it like a chore rather than an achievement because it usually has a negative effect on their league form. Like I said, I’m not trying to sound like a twat, but I’ve always wondered what a supporter of a club who are (with respect) effectively just making up the numbers hope for or want their club to achieve every season?

That's just it, we are making up the numbers and served mind numbing football alongside it, which is why league status doesn't bother me. 

As I said to my mates, we get relegated, so what? We'd have Millwall, Leeds, both Sheffield clubs, Forest, Derby etc to look forward to and contrary to myths about the league, some good football is played in the lower leagues. 

The only appeal to the Premier League for me is my club and the prospect every now and again challenging for Europe, or giving our rivals a bloody nose. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I can’t believe Arsenal are seriously considering appointing Arteta. The fans have wanted Wenger out for years and they want a big name in and what they are going to get is the Man City assistant manager :lol:

Many of the names getting linked are bizarre, despite Arsenal's struggles they'd still be a big attraction with a bit of ambition being showed 

5 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

I heard the other day that Arsenal approached Allegri but he knocked them back because they were only offering him a budget of £50m.

Steve McClaren new QPR manager. God help them.

Seen that a while back, before Wenger announced he was leaving that the new manager would only get that. All because they broke their transfer record and with Ozil’s wages or something, embarrassing for a club like that

31 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Seen that a while back, before Wenger announced he was leaving that the new manager would only get that. All because they broke their transfer record and with Ozil’s wages or something, embarrassing for a club like that

£50m isn't even enough to fix their defence.