English Football

Clemdog

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

For their 19s?

I'm not quite sure how it works in England, or for Chelsea however it seems they have at least two development teams, and Gilmour was playing for the younger development team. However, it looks like the 16 year old kid was playing against Southend under 23s which seems a pretty decent start

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Was gonna start a thread on this but looked here first just incase, and just as well I did!

Good start for him, hopefully they sell him for about £20m one day and we'll be rolling in it

15 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Was gonna start a thread on this but looked here first just incase, and just as well I did!

Good start for him, hopefully they sell him for about £20m one day and we'll be rolling in it

Yeah I was the same. Wasn't sure if he should have his own wee thread or not. Some, including myself felt he'd struggle to make the breakthrough to the Chelsea first team, and to be honest it's still a helluva long way away for him. History shows it's still unlikely. Staying with us he could have been playing first team football a lot sooner although the reported 500k for a 16 year old who may or may not make it is pretty decent from our point of view. I suppose fair play to him. He seems to believe in himself and its a pretty decent start for the boy. I guess it's all a little bittersweet for us. Good luck to him though, and if we have somehow managed to insert some sort of sell on clause, then all the better if he goes on to prove some wrong and make it in the EPL...........

8 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Burton's record signing Liam Boyce ruled out for the majority of the season with a cruciate injury.

That could've been happening to us if some on here had their way :lol:

Possibly, but I don't think we'd have been playing at Shrewsbury in a friendly though.

Bad luck for him. I hope he makes a full recovery.