English Football

Clemdog

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Very lucky, same as Liverpool. 

That's why I never can fathom the extra importance people bring to cup competitions especially in Europe. I can't remember the last time a side won it without having extreme luck.

Tottenham should have went out in the group stage(Liverpool as well) but benefited from playing a second string Barca side which a draw saw them advance. Aguero penalty miss, Llorente handball vs City and VAR being introduced half way into a tournament.

Ajax dominated them as you mentioned.

Crazy to say as both made it but neither deserved to make a final last year imho, sometimes its seem like fate.

Liverpool, on form,, are probably in the top 2-3 bracket. They are unplayable. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Liverpool, on form,, are probably in the top 2-3 bracket. They are unplayable. 

I've never seen a luckier team in the history of football.

you could count on one hand how many on form top notch performances they have shown in the last couple of seasons.

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I've never seen a luckier team in the history of football.

you could count on one hand how many on form top notch performances they have shown in the last couple of seasons.

I dont agree. They dont play their 100% intense game every game.. thats definitely tactical. On their day there arent many better teams in the world. A very good team. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

I dont agree. They dont play their 100% intense game every game.. thats definitely tactical. On their day there arent many better teams in the world. A very good team. 

:justno: I think you might have Mad Puffin Disease tbh mate.

39 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yet lost 4 CL games last year...

Whether on form they are up there is irrelevant when discussing how much luck they got last year in PL and CL.

In fact its carried on this season, Sheffield United GK howler and Salzburg best player not fully fit.

@TEFTONG makes a good point, Liverpool are very efficient and have 7 wins from 7 but performance wise its hardly been impressive IMO. 

So winning when not playing well is lucky when it suits? 😉 they are a very good side and they have proven it. All teams carry some amoubt of luck. The best teams seem to carry the most.. no coincident in my opinion. Liverpool got a crazy amount of points last season and still finished 2nd. In my opinion thats the opposite of luck. They will probably win it this season. 

39 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I'm not saying Liverpool are a bad team. But they are over hyped. They get so many 50/50 decisions and carry some amount of luck.

on their day yes they can be unplayable. I've just not seen too many of these world class performances. 

I dont think they are overhyped at all. They eon the CL and finished 2nd with a crazy amount of points. They are good. Spurs, now there is a team that is overhyped!!

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Most of that I clearly never said or disputed. 

Liverpool have carried much more luck that's the difference, VAR would have seen them without 10 points last year easily.

Care to name all these games that Liverpool were 'unplayable' that type of comment backs up the overhyped narrative tbh.

I watch most of their games and to be quite honest with you - I cannot be fucked to go back and give you examples. 97 points tells its own story Id say. But do you remember their game against Barcelona? I sure as fuck will never forget it. I am watching them play just now and they have been pish against a very stubborn Leicester team. Should still have about 3 goals.. Salah is extremely wasteful at times.