English Football

Clemdog

8 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Best league in the world over in November.

One of my pet hates is pundits and journalists on podcasts and on TV who constantly feel the need to repeat “premier league” as many times as they possibly can during an interview or discussion and the way they always put extra emphasis on the word “premier”. Fucking worst cunts.

20 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s not going to be sacked but this might be the beginning of the end for Guardiola at City. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I think he will go at the end of the season either way.

All out for the CL but not convinced they are good enough defensively to win it.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Been a lot of chat about him going back to Bayern.

Fraud of a manager imo. 

Ruined the best Bayern side I've seen in my lifetime. 

41 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Quique Sanchez Flores just sacked by Watford, panicking like fuck because they remain bottom after changing earlier. Fucking shambles of a club with the turnarounds they go through there but trying to hang on to the big money in that league. 

Any manager would be crazy to go there.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

12 Managers in the last 10 years ffs, looking down the list I never knew Rodgers and Sean Dyche managed them.

Seem to have had a decent production line when it comes to producing managers. Think Boothroyd, Warburton, Dyche and Rodgers were all there at the same time at one point.

On 18/11/2019 at 21:23, Siam69 said:

Yea, went last season, seen them pump the Geordies 3-0.  I live in East London.

They're one of the few EPL teams you can actually get tickets for now and again.

A big concrete bowl. Though the day we went was alright, Billy Bonds was there getting a stand named after him, good atmosphere. 

I was there. I live in Liverpool now but travel down for most game. 

To answer the original question, it's shit. Some games get it going, but there's no escaping it's an athletics stadium. 

We're shit, but at least at Upton Park we were shit in our own home, not government rented accommodation

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Marco Silva surely gone in the morning.

I still have no idea why they appointed him in the first place. His record at Hull and Watford was atrocious.

Apparently he’s great on the training ground which is all fine and well but if your man management is awful then it’s for nothing. 

Everton need to get their next appointment right. They can’t keep ripping it up every 18 months or so, especially with the money they have invested in their squad (which is still horribly unbalanced considering the money they have spent on it).

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Apparently he’s great on the training ground which is all fine and well but if your man management is awful then it’s for nothing. 

Everton need to get their next appointment right. They can’t keep ripping it up every 18 months or so, especially with the money they have invested in their squad (which is still horribly unbalanced considering the money they have spent on it).

Some people are suited to being coaches rather than managers. No harm in that.

His only real achievement is at Olympiakos, who have basically dominated Greek football for twenty years anyway.

This rainbow laced campaign is a load of shit.

When you have over 500 players registered to play football in your league (not including youth team players or players not in the squads of 25), and there still isn’t one openly homosexual among them, then you can hardly join a campaign talking about equality and inclusion for all without it feeling like nothing more than a glorified PR stunt.

A far better use of their resources would be trying to works towards tackling the institutionalised stigma of homosexuality in football and why there are players who are still closeted and scared or afraid to come out and having players wear rainbow laces isn’t going to do that.

42 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Some people are suited to being coaches rather than managers. No harm in that.

His only real achievement is at Olympiakos, who have basically dominated Greek football for twenty years anyway.

Yeah I don’t know how he has such a good reputation because he hasn’t done anything to earn it.

58 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How Silva still has that job I will never know.  3 points from second bottom when some were saying Everton could challenge for top 4. That was an unrealistic shout but with the money spent he should be sacked. 

The money they have spent and the return they have had for it is insane but even then their squad is so lopsided.

No reliable centre forward, an ageing Coleman at right back, loads of number 10’s/wide players who underwhelm and underperform.

Whoever gets the job has a lot of work to do but their DOF needs to address the imbalance in their squad too.

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How Silva still has that job I will never know.  3 points from second bottom when some were saying Everton could challenge for top 4. That was an unrealistic shout but with the money spent he should be sacked. 

Heard somebody on talksport saying they thought the club were probably waiting till new year as they have a cunt of a run till then and wouldn't want s new manager coming in and having 4-5 losses straight away