English Football

Clemdog

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers jump ship again to Arsenal, skirting round the question like fuck in that presser.

he would be crazy to do that leicester have far more potential than arsenal  which is a basket case just now  leicester have a lot of talented young players by all accounts a good chairman  and have more chance of winning anything than arsenal

4 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

First games on Amazon tonight. Any idea who the commentators are for them? 

Amazon is going big, with 43 presenters, commentators and pundits signed up - including high-profile ex-players Alan Shearer, Jermaine Jenas, Michael Owen and Thierry Henry - and well known broadcasters such as Gabby Logan, Conor McNamara and Guy Mowbray.

Each game will be broadcast live and there will also be a separate goals show.

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Amazon is going big, with 43 presenters, commentators and pundits signed up - including high-profile ex-players Alan Shearer, Jermaine Jenas, Michael Owen and Thierry Henry - and well known broadcasters such as Gabby Logan, Conor McNamara and Guy Mowbray.

Each game will be broadcast live and there will also be a separate goals show.

Many games they bought m8 ?sounds decent tbh 

7 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Many games they bought m8 ?sounds decent tbh 

It is not known how much money Amazon paid for its 20-games-a-season three-year contract. It also has the exclusive rights for the Boxing Day round of games on 26 and 27 December.

I'm sure those of us used to watching streams will be able to handle this..

Analysts from streaming firm Phenix said Amazon's broadcast of the US Open was often up to 45 seconds behind the TV transmission.

The BBC has worked out how to eliminate streaming lag - but it could take years for that fix to be implemented.

So for the meantime, fans might have to avoid watching the games alongside Twitter updates, text messaging or BBC Sport goal alerts. Or even, gulp, put your phone down for 45 minutes.

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Not watched any games tonight but apparently you can turn commentary off and just have stadium noise 

Its big Jim Beglan doing the summary in the City game. He is alright. Always reminds me of our run to the Manchester uefa cup final when I hear him. 

34 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Its big Jim Beglan doing the summary in the City game. He is alright. Always reminds me of our run to the Manchester uefa cup final when I hear him. 

Yeah and Peter Drury doing the commentary....which it is tonight also,  so much better than Mcmanaman and fletcher on bt sport 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

How does he get punditry work for three different organisations? He’s awful.

I heartily agree. I just copied and pasted what was on the BBC website sports page. 

I caught him on 5 live a few weeks back and he was spouting the biggest load of pish. 

I actually tried out the zero commentary option for the last 20 minutes and it was pretty good.