English Football

Clemdog

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Anfield atmosphere is an absolute myth.

There’ll be two goals at least now that I’m leaving the house 😂

Not going to bite!   Was actually less intense than usual in this fixture, probably because United are shite.    Fuckin limbs everywhere when Salah scored though.  

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

Not going to bite!   Was actually less intense than usual in this fixture, probably because United are shite.    Fuckin limbs everywhere when Salah scored though.  

Game being shite never helped tbf, thought United fans were as bad as I can remember on tele as well in all honesty. Enjoy that and the league  😞 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Game being shite never helped tbf, thought United fans were as bad as I can remember on tele as well in all honesty. Enjoy that and the league  😞 

Thanks, it’s been a long time.   One game at a time.  Anyway time to move on, red scarf away, blue one out.   Next  up St Mirren on Wed.  Bring on 55.    

7 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Thanks, it’s been a long time.   One game at a time.  Anyway time to move on, red scarf away, blue one out.   Next  up St Mirren on Wed.  Bring on 55.    

What means more mate, 55 or Liverpool winning the premier league

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There's some on here that comment more and get more excited about Liverpool than us, that's for sure. 

Them and city. Don't get it at all man 

Tbf though I believe @andyhrfc is English so he's got an excuse 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There's some on here that comment more and get more excited about Liverpool than us, that's for sure. 

49 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Liverpool haven't won the Prem in 30 years, waiting another one isn't going to be too hard. 

Still, being a greedy cunt I want both.

He has a ST at both clubs I'm sure, so I'm genuinely interested to know his answer. 

I don't get the whole two clubs thing and think there must be one he feels a stronger connection to 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He has a ST at both clubs I'm sure, so I'm genuinely interested to know his answer. 

I don't get the whole two clubs thing and think there must be one he feels a stronger connection to 

When I grew up my family was in the forces so we only got English and International games when abroad so I started supporting Liverpool with some of the Scottish greats in Hansen, Dalglish, Nicol and latterly Souness and McAllister (now Robertson as well), It was only when we returned to Scotland in 1978 before deployment to Hong Kong that my Grandfather got me into watching Rangers and I have when I can ever since.

I do not have a season ticket but have been to Ibrox 6 times and have never been to Anfield. The reason why I have not done more are due to a medical condition that makes it very hard to attend, especially in a loud environment. Still your not my doctor so those details you are not getting.

The most insane thing about Liverpool and how successful they have become is that they are doing it with a midfield that reads incredibly underwhelmingly on paper.  It’s such a well oiled machine.

Leicester in 15-16 aside, I can’t think of another midfield that has typified “better than the sum of their parts” than their midfield does.

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The most insane thing about Liverpool and how successful they have become is that they are doing it with a midfield that reads incredibly underwhelmingly on paper.  It’s such a well oiled machine.

Leicester in 15-16 aside, I can’t think of another midfield that has typified “better than the sum of their parts” than their midfield does.

I was literally saying the exact same thing last night. Weird.

36 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I was literally saying the exact same thing last night. Weird.

Fabinho is obviously class but you see names like Henderson, Winjaldum, Oxlade Chamberlain and Keita and on paper you would usually say yeah all decent players but they need somebody in there who’s a class above that to really take them on a level but what they are doing now is so good that they really don’t.

Unsure singly we are actually a bit similar I think. Everybody always talks about us needing a number 10 and more creative because Davis, Jack and Kamara are all more organised and workmanlike rather than creative but they are such a good collective unit that you don’t want to break it up.