***UEFA Champions League 16/17***

G.E.C.

6 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Really by diving ...where is the beauty in that

One aspect of a 95 minute game? Come on. The press was back tonight, the hunger was there. The quality of football was incredible. From the 84th until the 95th minute PSG only managed to complete 4 passes apparently - Barca were all over them like a rash. 

6 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Seeing as you're a big fan of a Country who are squeaky clean when it comes to Cricket and potential betting on no balls..Then I suppose that was a thing of beauty for you tonight my friend..:whistle:.

Salman Butt likes this. :p:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, baxterboy said:

Barca 71% possession.

ok, so they won this game and they've won a few trophies. 

But it's only a matter of time before they're found out.

Coz anybody who knows anything about fitba knows there's fuck all future for this team without a plan B.

The thing is, that was plan B from Luis Enrique. He switched his formation up and then even with 20 mins to go needing 3 goals he doesn't bring on his 30m striker, but Sergi Roberto. 

He switched it up and it paid off for him. Excellent management from him. 

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

One aspect of a 95 minute game? Come on. The press was back tonight, the hunger was there. The quality of football was incredible. From the 84th until the 95th minute PSG only managed to complete 4 passes apparently - Barca were all over them like a rash. 

Salman Butt likes this. :p:

One aspect of the game which resulted in PSG getting knocked out the competition.  It was a turning point.

3 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I don't think they do, the phrase used now is 'in an unnatural position'.

From the current laws of the game on FIFA website:

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty 
area)
• holds an opponent
• impedes an opponent with contact
• spits at an opponent

Usual allegations of cheats, UEFAlona etc. going on I see. Doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny as far as I'm concerned. If, as alleged, the ref was corrupt and handed the game to Barcelona, why did he initially give a corner for the Neymar pen and only awarded the penalty after intervention from the offical behind the goal? Why did he book Saurez for diving in the 2nd half instead of giving them a penalty when he had the chance? Why did he turn down a penalty appeal for the tug on Messi?

Under orders to get Barca through and does all that? Mibbee ref just likes sailing close to the wind and knew he could manufacture 3 goalscoring chances beyond the 88th minute of the game?

FFS, there are even complaints about 5 mins of injury time added in a game that had 5 2nd half goals, 6 2nd half subs (one during injury time), a penalty awarded in the 89th minute but not actually scored until 91st due to resulting protests etc. and also saw a stat on twitter (not sure if verified but Gab Marcotti RT'd FWIW) that showed PSG had "control" of the ball for 33 minutes while the ball was out of play...if anything 5 minutes was light!

3 hours ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

Usual allegations of cheats, UEFAlona etc. going on I see. Doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny as far as I'm concerned. If, as alleged, the ref was corrupt and handed the game to Barcelona, why did he initially give a corner for the Neymar pen and only awarded the penalty after intervention from the offical behind the goal? Why did he book Saurez for diving in the 2nd half instead of giving them a penalty when he had the chance? Why did he turn down a penalty appeal for the tug on Messi?

Under orders to get Barca through and does all that? Mibbee ref just likes sailing close to the wind and knew he could manufacture 3 goalscoring chances beyond the 88th minute of the game?

FFS, there are even complaints about 5 mins of injury time added in a game that had 5 2nd half goals, 6 2nd half subs (one during injury time), a penalty awarded in the 89th minute but not actually scored until 91st due to resulting protests etc. and also saw a stat on twitter (not sure if verified but Gab Marcotti RT'd FWIW) that showed PSG had "control" of the ball for 33 minutes while the ball was out of play...if anything 5 minutes was light!

Tell me how that Suarez dive is a penalty?  Barcelona have previous for this with their match vs Chelsea that was probably the most corrupt performance of all time.

4 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Tell me how that Suarez dive is a penalty?  Barcelona have previous for this with their match vs Chelsea that was probably the most corrupt performance of all time.

Van Persie received a fucking stupid as fuck second yellow against them as well, one of the worst Yellow Cards you're likely to witness.

2 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

I never said it was a penalty, of course he dived. Although I can see why it was given from the angle the ref had. The ref was conned however, but again how does that equate to corruption? Is anyone really suggesting the ref was trying to force a Barcelona win but waited until the final two minutes when they needed 3 goals?

With regards their "previous", Barcelona were knocked out in the semi-final having had a goal harshly disallowed at the end of their semi against Inter a few years back. All part of the grand UEFA plan to keep everyone off the scent I suppose. Or are all decisions against Barca "honest mistakes" and any decisions in their favour corrupt?

Decisions go for them, decisions go against them. More decisions tend to go in their favour, but this is often the way for the bigger name teams. We benefit from this in Scotland (or at least have historically), but often end up on the wrong end of calls when we play in Europe. I just find the corruption/UEFA conspiracy chat tedious and relatively easily debunked.

2 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

I never said it was a penalty, of course he dived. Although I can see why it was given from the angle the ref had. The ref was conned however, but again how does that equate to corruption? Is anyone really suggesting the ref was trying to force a Barcelona win but waited until the final two minutes when they needed 3 goals?

With regards their "previous", Barcelona were knocked out in the semi-final having had a goal harshly disallowed at the end of their semi against Inter a few years back. All part of the grand UEFA plan to keep everyone off the scent I suppose. Or are all decisions against Barca "honest mistakes" and any decisions in their favour corrupt?

Decisions go for them, decisions go against them. More decisions tend to go in their favour, but this is often the way for the bigger name teams. We benefit from this in Scotland (or at least have historically), but often end up on the wrong end of calls when we play in Europe. I just find the corruption/UEFA conspiracy chat tedious and relatively easily debunked.

On 09/03/2017 at 1:30 PM, esquire8 said:

Absolutely shocking performance from PSG. How the fuck can you not just have 10 men behind the ball for 90mins? Gave Barca far too much respect.

Has there Manager resigned yet 

He should 

Watched it again .Could not believe how static the Goalkeeper was for last few goals and the big  black Paris central defender looked like he wanted to lose 

Tell you what .They will win it now. They will want to win it for their outgoing  Manager.

19 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Fun to watch. If I was going to do a carve up, I wouldnt have done it from 4-0 down. 

Very fair point Cushy 

The transformation was just unbelievable .It happens but I still think their Manager should resign after that .

Disgraceful losing a 4 -0 lead .So many chances to end the tie and the fucked them up 

The only player that looked like he gave a fuck was Carvani 

9 hours ago, JamieD said:

From the current laws of the game on FIFA website:

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty 
area)
• holds an opponent
• impedes an opponent with contact
• spits at an opponent

The refs and others always go on about the unnatural position as the main definition of deliberate, so probably down to the interpretation as usual.