CL league qualification is now a necessity

thehost

14 minutes ago, thehost said:

That's exactly what I thought when I saw us drop two points v Hamilton. Some folk need to wake up to how poor we actually are. We literally have no central defence when subjected to even a modicum of movement or pace.

£40m would be the financial disparity, between both clubs, should the filth make the CL this year and next. We need to face up to the fact that a league title, this season, is a necessity.

Buy qualifying this season . They will probably be seeded for the next 5 years and beyond . That's what really get's on my tits .

The injustice of a club who have embarrassed Scotland for the past 3 years ,on and off the park yet keep getting relatively easy match ups .

Last night we had Monaco v Villarreal and  Porto v Roma

How the fuck do these bastards do it .

I would assume if we were to win the league as Champions ,we would get the same easy champions pathway through the early stages of the qualifiers then .

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Buy qualifying this season . They will probably be seeded for the next 5 years and beyond . That's what really get's on my tits .

The injustice of a club who have embarrassed Scotland for the past 3 years ,on and off the park yet keep getting relatively easy match ups .

Last night we had Monaco v Villarreal and  Porto v Roma

How the fuck do these bastards do it .

I would assume if we were to win the league as Champions ,we would get the same easy champions pathway through the early stages of the qualifiers then .

It's the champions root. Villarreal, Monaco etc etc all must play each other because they didn't win their respective leagues. Dundalk, them, Legia, Beer Sahara Desert are all champions of shite leagues so they place each other.

8 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

It's the champions root. Villarreal, Monaco etc etc all must play each other because they didn't win their respective leagues. Dundalk, them, Legia, Beer Sahara Desert are all champions of shite leagues so they place each other.

Yes and the scum just manage to get a club from Israel that has only won their league 3 times in their history in the 3rd play off game  .That is after getting clubs from Gibraltar and Kazakhstan ???

And now they get the riches of Champions league group stages after beating this dross

Fuck me .I just don't buy it mate .

Celtic will get a few quid from the CL but there's no guarantee they'll spend it wisely. One other thing to think about. Even good clubs very often suffer poor league results before or after a CL game. Do Celtic have a big enough squad for this? As long as we're there to keep the pressure on when they're getting battered home and away then this will be a good year for us.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Yes and the scum just manage to get a club that has only won their league 3 times in their history in the 3rd play off game  .That is after getting clubs from Gibraltar and Kazakhstan ???

Astana are supposedly a good team. Done ok in the CL last year. As for them, getting to the CL twice in the last 5 attempts is nothing to shout about. 

7 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

It looks like all of this is going to change in two seasons time, the champions path is going to be scrapped. The top 4 teams in English, German leagues etc will be guaranteed spots. This means the top teams from all the other leagues will be scrapping it all for a smaller number of places. That means by the final qualifier it'll be some top teams, meaning Scottish teams won't stand a hope in hell of qualifying. 

I have been struck by the desperation surrounding cellics CL campaign this year. They have spent heavily, they are paying huge wages, because they know this is probably the last time they get a free ride and get some money in the bank. This is why the media campaign surrounding them in the last few weeks is a little hysterical. And this time its not really a gamble as they had poor opposition to play in the qualifying rounds.

The cellic support know as well that they need the CL money to out compete us this season - they see it as their golden ticket - the trump card that can stack things in their favour against MW  - because everybody knows about our financial constraints and they can buy better players.

Money doesn't guarantee success - but it does load things in your favour. The question is - how do we get a winning team on the park without CL money (or equivalent)? or do we just wait for cellic to fail to qualify one year and hope we can mount a challenge in the year they dont really spend because they have no CL money?

Theres is no doubt we have the best manager available given the circumstances. If anybody can do it given the finances he can. But there is no point just saying "we need £15m" because nobody can magic that kind of cash out of thin air to spend on a team. At the moment we simply have to believe that MW can win the league with the resources made available to him.

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yes and the scum just manage to get a club from Israel that has only won their league 3 times in their history in the 3rd play off game  .That is after getting clubs from Gibraltar and Kazakhstan ???

And now they get the riches of Champions league group stages after beating this dross

Your starting to sound a little jealous of the bheasts. Dont think too much....or you'll destroy your sanity at the unfair treatment

I reckon they'll spend another £5m or £6m once they qualify too.

Any money spent has to be done so cautiously. There's no point spunking £40m to qualify for the CL, fail and then us being in serious financial trouble. It's just not the correct model, like it or not.

We're 2 games into the season, have signed 9 players 4 of whom have Premier League experience, we've got a young striker from the Premier League Champions, a top striker in his prime on the way and potentially a former Premier League winning, highly capped English CH. Combine that with a team that played them off the park last season. I don't think there's any need to panic, give this group time to gel and I believe you'll see we have the better of the two squads already. Don't forget the tims have a long and glorious history of bottling it at the business end of the season, as does their tranny shagging current manager. 

41 minutes ago, 7troop said:

Although worded a bit panicky the O.P. Raises a fair point.

Their imminent qualification means £20 + million more income for them this season and maybe more if they progress to the knock out stages. This aligned with retaining the league this season and perhaps qualifying for next seasons CL puts an ever increasing financial gap between us.

It would be foolish to ignore or deny these scenarios as it clearly hands them an advantage over us. However we need to get behind our own team, our board and put the utmost trust in our manager regardless of financial disparities.

We are building infrastructure for the future and it's just good as a Rangers fan to be talking and worrying about football instead of all the other nonsense we've endured. No matter how long it takes they know we are coming, our finest hour is ahead.

Just about bang on there mate. Last night was a bad night for us make no mistake about that. Qualification for them will signal further investment which almost certainly will not happen should they fail.

You're correct when you talk of the infrastructure that's being built at our club which is a far better approach to take than simply throwing money at it. 

We will undoubtedly need investment in the near future but it has used sensibly to further improve the work already being done.

Don't know if their qualification is imminent as you say though because they are more than capable of fucking it up for themselves. Let's hope so because I firmly believe as things stand at the moment we have a genuine chance of reclaiming our title this season.

If they qualify this season then they will have 2 games a week up until xmas with league cup games and midweek league games thrown in.

History shows coming back from midweek euro games can mean dropped points, we have to make sure we capitalize on every dropped point by them

10 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Your starting to sound a little jealous of the bheasts. Dont think too much....or you'll destroy your sanity at the unfair treatment

Angry and of course envious that these cunts will be at the big table when they don't deserve it .

I think most of us will feel the same .

If you are honest

12 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Astana are supposedly a good team. Done ok in the CL last year. As for them, getting to the CL twice in the last 5 attempts is nothing to shout about. 

Astana are a good team  .C'mon mate ffs .Too many making excuses for this showers strangely easy easy run to the group stages

ffs they haven't qualified yet something tells me the tie isn't over yet. but fuck the scummy bastards let's see how we get on in our first season back in the top league I think we are only a couple of signings away from challenging them for the title and winning it. 

4 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

ffs they haven't qualified yet something tells me the tie isn't over yet. but fuck the scummy bastards let's see how we get on in our first season back in the top league I think we are only a couple of signings away from challenging them for the title and winning it. 

mate its finished. They score once away and its game over -  if it isn't already.

Celtic and Rangers sharing the CL spot over the years was part of the cut and thrust of the Old Firm rivalry. But when we got dumped into SFL3, to me it became more urgent that Celtic failed to start building up a huge pot of cash from guaranteed scottish titles and CL group stages. Thankfully, their disastrous group campaign under Lennon and the two failures under Deila have held back the cash flow.

If they do get through, it will mitigated by the huge spend on Rogers & Co. I have no wish to see tens of millions thrown at this challenge, we need to get away from bringing in overpaid players and start investing in youth. Get that right and it will be Rangers ruling the roost long term.

Not particularly a big fan of threads like these. We ridicule them for being obsessed yet here we are cracking up and demanding 40 million of investment because they won a first leg qualifying tie.

Fuck that, they're throwing money about because they fear us, end of story. Brenda and Co would not be here if it wasn't for Warburton.

4 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Not particularly a big fan of threads like these. We ridicule them for being obsessed yet here we are cracking up and demanding 40 million of investment because they won a first leg qualifying tie.

Fuck that, they're throwing money about because they fear us, end of story. Brenda and Co would not be here if it wasn't for Warburton.

That's fine

apart from no one is demanding 40 million of investment

carry on making shite up though

3 minutes ago, thehost said:

That's fine

apart from no one is demanding 40 million of investment

carry on making shite up though

Coming second will see us years behind the filth unless we have a cash injection of 40mill. 

They make £20mill yes, they have missed it the past 3 years and combine Sinclairs wage and transfer fee, Dembele, Rodgers, Brown, Toures wages in there and there won't be a lot left of the £20mill anyway. 

I agree it is imperative we win the league this year though.

Tbh I'd be surprised if they spent another £5mill before the end of the window. Rodgers claims he wants one more. 

So far they have shown nothing to be fearful of, our problem is consistency, not beating the tims