***Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Watching him play.

How can you conclude that a player you've seen play 3 games in a shitty league is better than the player of the year for the championship winners ffs? Would take your point if you said he was in better form but saying he's a better player is ridiculous.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, graeme_4 said:

Hasn't hit top form, but I wouldn't be dropping him. Big decision to drop your captain - not needed IMO.

tbf when you look at how far we are into the season and how close we are to the game against them it probably isn't a good idea to drop him. I hope his form improves though because he has been poor.

I think it might be a good idea to drop Miller from the starting line up and give Garner his debut. Also, MOH should start as well as Kranjar, Haliday and Miller can come on as impact subs on the 60th minute and I think we'll have to wait and see who we sign in defence if there's to be any change. If not, I expect MW to leave it the same.

Is Wallace out for some reason?

Anyway, I'll stick with my 3-1, but as the game approaches I might move up to 4-1. They do look very vulnerable, but even a shite team can string 8 men along the defence, so I hope that our players are getting fitter and faster as that's what it's going to take to improve our performances.

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Forrester Rossiter Kranjcar

O'Halloran Miller McKay

Miller needs to stay in the centre forward position if he plays no dropping deep beyond the centre mids and no drifting out wide when no one is through the middle. Hopefully Garner makes his debut and we can see what like he is

3 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

When have they 3 played b4 in that system against top league opposition? We have spent a record amount under MW on a striker and we play Celtic the game after next why wouldn't we play him? That front 3 doesn't fill me with confidence and certainly wouldn't fill any teams with fear. I wish u were right tbh as Miller would keep starting and I cany take much more of that 

When have we played top league opposition?  Those three at least have played.  I want Garner to play and I expect him to do well, not sure I'd be risking him in his first game on a shitty plastic pitch.

On 21/08/2016 at 8:26 AM, Gaz52 said:

You actually read the stuff he puts on these?!

And also this might sound creepy but I was lying in bed the other night trying to figure out what your username is, is it an acronym for something? The best I could come up with is "WE'VE GOT O'HALLORAN"

I must have spent a good hour just lying trying to figure it out

A read some of it :lol: 

And I can't even remember what is for mate, think it is just a bunch of random letters tbh lol

Wes 

Tavernier Hill Wilson Wallace 

Barton Forrester Rossiter

MOH  Miller  Mckay

Haliday should be dropped, hopefully Kiernan nowhere to be seen either. I'd keep Miller in the team to start, he's done well so far and Garner can always come on. Hard to leave Kranjcar out but same to be said for Forrester, just feel we need the pace of MOH and McKay in the squad over both Forrester and Kranjcar. Still don't believe Kranjcar is at a fitness level to compete when we're up against it like we were against Dundee. 

Cant believe 3 games into the season in which we've yet to lose a game some people are dropping the captain. Granted performances haven't been great but I think that's a bit drastic. There are other issues in that team to be addressed and playing Lee Wallace at left back isn't one of them.

35 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Wes 

Tavernier Hill Wilson Wallace 

Barton Forrester Rossiter

MOH  Miller  Mckay

Haliday should be dropped, hopefully Kiernan nowhere to be seen either. I'd keep Miller in the team to start, he's done well so far and Garner can always come on. Hard to leave Kranjcar out but same to be said for Forrester, just feel we need the pace of MOH and McKay in the squad over both Forrester and Kranjcar. Still don't believe Kranjcar is at a fitness level to compete when we're up against it like we were against Dundee. 

Surely we'd start Garner so he's a game under his belt before the filth? 

Saturday was a huge lesson to be learned for us. Motherwell had us sussed from the start and put 9 men behind the ball when we were in possession and did well to deter any penetrative runs. Needless to say delighted to have got the 3 points, and a great last minute winner for Miller, but we need to have this Killie game killed off by half time to install some much needed confidence in the lads ahead of the Tims encounter at the tattie dome.

Starting XI for me would have to be....

Fodderingham

Tavernier        Kiernan          Wilson           Wallace

Rossiter

Forrester             Kranjcar

O'Halloran                 Garner                  McKay

Would like to see Windass, and (possibly ?) Waghorn get some game time if they are fit (reading between the lines I don't think Waggy is too far away, maybe last 10-15 minutes to get a run out.)

Really don't think Barton and Rossiter work too well together. Think Kranjcar will add some much needed flare & vision, and risk-reward style play as he did on Saturday, and if Tavernier can get those balls into the box like he did at the weekend I've no doubt Gardner will get his head on a few.

Roll on Friday!!! 3-1 Rangers.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Can't see it. Would love it but I think he's a stick on to be a second half sub sadly

the only thing in his favour is that Miller played the full 90 on Saturday. There is a case for him to drop to the bench and start Garner. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

the only thing in his favour is that Miller played the full 90 on Saturday. There is a case for him to drop to the bench and start Garner. 

Given MW fondness of Miller and his last minute goal I doubt he will drop him.

I hope he does but I'd put money on him starting.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Given MW fondness of Miller and his last minute goal I doubt he will drop him.

I hope he does but I'd put money on him starting.

he does like him but we cant depend on Miller for goals. He has never been prolific and he is now 98. Surely  MW can see that

1 hour ago, Ryan_1 said:

hopefully Kiernan nowhere to be seen either

So you'd replace him with someone who is left footed (like Wilson) and hasn't played alongside Wilson? 

Sure that'd go great. Kiernans in a fortunate position right now that his spot is guaranteed to a extent. In saying that he doesn't do anything to deserve getting subbed off. Neither defender does. 

We've only conceded 3 goals competitively this season.