***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

B&F, nope why?  S&M is more my thing, oh, boardroom I guess no I dont.

FWIW, IMO the first few months of MW being in charge we were great, better than anyone could have hoped for. After that he made a change or 2 and we got worse, that's not to say we just went to shit, we were still good for a while after and at other points of the season but performances rarely reached the early heights. There was also many poor performances along the way though and the end of season was a disgrace.

I don't even think it's debatable that at a team we got worse as the season went on.

25 minutes ago, MasterD said:

FWIW, IMO the first few months of MW being in charge we were great, better than anyone could have hoped for. After that he made a change or 2 and we got worse, that's not to say we just went to shit, we were still good for a while after and at other points of the season but performances rarely reached the early heights. There was also many poor performances along the way though and the end of season was a disgrace.

I don't even think it's debatable that at a team we got worse as the season went on.

Agreed however I think last seasons poorer performances were down to injuries and then the players taking the foot off the gas when the league was won which was poor. 

I've seen a lot of people post 'plan A isn't working' but don't think we've successfully deployed it since playing the Tims.

Plan A was the entire team, including the keeper, playing a short passing game which meant the opposition attackers closed down to create space for full backs to run into assuming we kept possession. No coincidence that Tav and Wallace got shit loads of goals and assists last year. It required a high level of tempo, pace, quick passing and movement which is why players like Holt and Waghorn did so well.

Since then we've stopped playing this way consistently and signed players who don't naturally fit this type of system - MOH, Barton, Hill and Niko. 

All sits with MW for me and if we're going to get anything from the game on the 10th he needs to change the formation to suit the players he's signed.

Unfortunately don't think he can go back to Plan A as that would meaning dropping half the team he's bought. 

If it was me Mckay would be on the Bench, boy looks a bit lost this season.

We will need some dig in midfield and protection for the back4.

We really really need a Cb

I would have:

................Garner...............

MOH.                       Waghorn(if fit)

Halliday     Barton.  Rossiter 

Wallace Wilson (if fit) Keirnan Tav 

...................Fod.................

30 minutes ago, Tontine said:

Agreed however I think last seasons poorer performances were down to injuries and then the players taking the foot off the gas when the league was won which was poor. 

I've seen a lot of people post 'plan A isn't working' but don't think we've successfully deployed it since playing the Tims.

Plan A was the entire team, including the keeper, playing a short passing game which meant the opposition attackers closed down to create space for full backs to run into assuming we kept possession. No coincidence that Tav and Wallace got shit loads of goals and assists last year. It required a high level of tempo, pace, quick passing and movement which is why players like Holt and Waghorn did so well.

Since then we've stopped playing this way consistently and signed players who don't naturally fit this type of system - MOH, Barton, Hill and Niko. 

All sits with MW for me and if we're going to get anything from the game on the 10th he needs to change the formation to suit the players he's signed.

Unfortunately don't think he can go back to Plan A as that would meaning dropping half the team he's bought. 

All sits with king as his fan boys gave him the plaudits for brining him in. Where do they sit now. No laughing!

We pick ourselves up. We dust ourselves off. We try again.

We're not as bad as we were last night. If we get the ball down and play it we have a chance. We need to control the ball better than we did last night. The easiest way to protect our defence is to keep the ball as much as possible.

41 minutes ago, Tontine said:

Plan a doesnt work because teams don't chase us down and allow us to pass through them, opposition strikers are now told to sit on the halfway line and not chase a thing

We still havent came up with a system to counter two lines of 5 in front of us

If we line up 4-3-3 we will get beat, simple as. 

I don't know the preferred system I'd want but think it has to be interchangeable.

I'd probably got with a 5-4-1 that can easily transform to a 3-4-3 when attacking.

Wes

Tav Kiernan senderos wilson wallace

Holt  Forrester Barton Halliday/Windass

Waggy/Garner

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

We're not as bad as we were last night. If we get the ball down and play it we have a chance. We need to control the ball better than we did last night. The easiest way to protect our defence is to keep the ball as much as possible.

We did in the last few moths of last season and we were shipping three goals a game. That defence need protecting from themselves. They are an embarassment. Keeping the ball means nothing if you don't do anything with it.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

We did in the last few moths of last season and we were shipping three goals a game. That defence need protecting from themselves. They are an embarassment. Keeping the ball means nothing if you don't do anything with it.

So what, we just don't bother and walk in accepting defeat? 

I don't even know what to think or expect of this game , its the exact game and set up you would be expecting or hoping a smith led team would end up nicking a point or even a win , I just don't know if warburton has that in his locker from what I have seen so far 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

I don't even know what to think or expect of this game , its the exact game and set up you would be expecting or hoping a smith led team would end up nicking a point or even a win , I just don't know if warburton has that in his locker from what I have seen so far 

Spot on , he looks weaker every week. Heart says a win but common sense kicks in and that defence is going to get murdered if they get an early goal.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Spot on , he looks weaker every week. Heart says a win but common sense kicks in and that defence is going to get murdered if they get an early goal.

If we play like we did last night and give Celtic the space and time to drive at us and dominate the midfield , it could be the first real time we actually see us having to play with our backs against the wall for long periods of a game under warburton and with that defence , the thought honestly terrifies me 

27 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Someone with a bit of sense finally. 

People forget that there isn't a whole lot of REALISTIC options. Windass hasn't played since injury and Senderos hasn't played a game since the end of June. Hell, i'd maybe even play MOH in front of Waghorn for the same reason as Windass. 

35 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That back 4 will ship at least 2 at parkhead, 

Is there a secret back 4 that i don't know about? Wilson and Kiernan are our best options at the moment. Hill makes me think the back room staff underestimated this league. Senderos hasn't played since the end of June, he's not played with the team in a competitive match. The only hope there is that he has been training with the team for some time and has been integrated into our style of play.

There is no way that we can out defend Celtic in this one. Sounding like an American here but our best defense is a good offense. We need to attack them from start to finish. If we do that, i think it will be a high scoring game and hopefully we can come out on top. If we sit back and try and soak them up, we will get slaughtered. 

16 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Is there a secret back 4 that i don't know about? Wilson and Kiernan are our best options at the moment. Hill makes me think the back room staff underestimated this league. Senderos hasn't played since the end of June, he's not played with the team in a competitive match. The only hope there is that he has been training with the team for some time and has been integrated into our style of play.

There is no way that we can out defend Celtic in this one. Sounding like an American here but our best defense is a good offense. We need to attack them from start to finish. If we do that, i think it will be a high scoring game and hopefully we can come out on top. If we sit back and try and soak them up, we will get slaughtered. 

Think you're spot on with that. You give me hope!