***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Halliday should start. He's made for the big games, always keeps his head and does the right thing. His old manager at Bradford said it about him as well, he had him down as MOTM when Bradford beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge

Halliday was very good against Celtic last season, against Dundee and Kilmarnock as well. (last season)

There is the element that he's a big Rangers fan as well, it's not the only reason he should be picked but these things do matter, if it were me in Hallidays' shoes, I know how much I'd want to play to my absolute best to help Rangers beat those mhanky bastards. He'll give it his all and leave nothing on the pitch.

(tu)

47 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Halliday should start. He's made for the big games, always keeps his head and does the right thing. His old manager at Bradford said it about him as well, he had him down as MOTM when Bradford beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge

Halliday was very good against Celtic last season, against Dundee and Kilmarnock as well. (last season)

There is the element that he's a big Rangers fan as well, it's not the only reason he should be picked but these things do matter, if it were me in Hallidays' shoes, I know how much I'd want to play to my absolute best to help Rangers beat those mhanky bastards. He'll give it his all and leave nothing on the pitch.

The best performance by a rangers player under Warburton was Hallyday against them. Covered every blade of grass, gave 110% and every tackle was timed to perfection. 

If we got that from Barton and halliday were in good shape  (as Warburton would say) 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Plus he hates the pope and the IRA

Absolutely buzzing for this game man!

My team would be ;

Fod the Prod

Tavernier Kiernan Senderos Wallace

Windass Barton Forrester

Miller Garner McKay

Tough choice tbh leaving out Krancjar and MOH. Just felt that with Millers OF experience that him starting is absolutely vital. The pace of the game will be fast and furious, especially at the start so starting Krancjar you run the risk of the game passing him by. Bring him on with half an hour to go when legs are heavy to unlock the defence. Same goes with MOH, bringing him on late is the last thing they will want to see with the pace he has.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

First game this season I would have said that Halliday and Miller should be stick ons to start.

Wes

Tav Senderos Kiernan Wallace 

Barton Halliday Kranjcar

Miller Garner McKay 

This is my prediction for the team not necessarily what I want.

I don't think we will risk the fitness of Waggy, Wilson or Windass from the start. The manager doesn't seem to trust MOH so despite his Linfield performance I don't see him being relied upon for the big one. Miller is nailed on.  Experienced, in scoring form and can be trusted. Garner is also very physical and won't be fazed. He's more of a red card risk than Barton in my opinion but he can get tore in and make himself a hero if he plays it right. 

Usually I'd say Forrester is a starter but I think Nico is now fit enough to start and is our potential match winner. To play both in midfield might be too attacking so I'm guessing Halliday will get the shout. 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Halliday was the worst player on the park at the home game vs Kilmarnock. His performance against the scum is massively overrated, he was bullied at set plays, same in the cup final which was arguably the biggest match of the season!

His performance in the semi final is overrated but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. It's a sad day when you're not allowed to say someone had a good game :lol:

He was good at Rugby Park, the whole midfield were good that game. 

If my memory serves me right he fired a shot in the top corner in the cup final, so he can rise to the big occasion. The rest of the game he wasn't anywhere near the worst player on the pitch, I think Tavernier and Kiernan can tough it out for that one.

3 hours ago, rfc_watp said:

Absolutely buzzing for this game man!

My team would be ;

Fod the Prod

Tavernier Kiernan Senderos Wallace

Windass Barton Forrester

Miller Garner McKay

Tough choice tbh leaving out Krancjar and MOH. Just felt that with Millers OF experience that him starting is absolutely vital. The pace of the game will be fast and furious, especially at the start so starting Krancjar you run the risk of the game passing him by. Bring him on with half an hour to go when legs are heavy to unlock the defence. Same goes with MOH, bringing him on late is the last thing they will want to see with the pace he has.

Attack minded but I'm sure Garner will not start and Niko will fill that spot for a stronger midfield 

Kranjcar will be able to pull something special on saturday. He has the moment of class in him whether its opening there defence up or scoring a screamer he will be a vital player for us and has to get some game time.

Warburton has a headache does he start him or does he bring him on the 2nd half.  Im sure the magic hat will do the right thing on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Rangers352.JPG

I'd like to see us go narrow through the middle and use Wallace and Tavernier for width. Shore up the defence too.

It will be 4-3-3. No way he deviates from it. I don't think we've ever played a match under Warburton that wasn't 4-3-3.