***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I think Waghorn was probably a mistake. MOH would probably have been a better choice for today as Waggy is far from match fit. I'm sure MOH would have created a couple of chances for Garner. 

MOH frustrates the hell out of me.

Gets in great positions then his finishing/final ball let him down. 

Just now, CottonRunt said:

MOH frustrates the hell out of me.

Gets in great positions then his finishing/final ball let him down. 

I agree, but he would have had the pace to get in behind them and at least create chances. I'm struggling to remember us getting behind them much, other than a few times with Wallace in the first half that were snuffed out.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I think Waghorn was probably a mistake. MOH would probably have been a better choice for today as Waggy is far from match fit. I'm sure MOH would have created a couple of chances for Garner. 

We played Kenny and Waghorn in his position, that's just nonecence 

Gutted!!

I don't understand why we played Kranjcar from the start in a fast paced game like that. Also, surely It's got to be Miller or garner not both, Miller is not a winger and ohalloran should have played. 

Barton not great but doesn't help having 2 attack minded players beside him, one of which was blowing out his arse after 30 minutes.

Windass looks like a great signing tho, would love to see rossiter, windass and holt as a middle three. 

Kiernan is not good enough and senderos what the fuck was that about.

28 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

You're lucky. I was at Hampden in October 1958.

Oh dear!

I was 3 months away from birth at that point, so I was almost around!

I gather the guy filming it left the lens cap on for the 2nd half, so at least they can't rehash the footage of it!

3 minutes ago, CaptainDandy said:

Pictures doing the rounds on Twitter of their toilets today that our fans apparently wrecked. That'll be a bill to fix it for us then.

Seen this would hope real fans would smash the fuck out the opposing fans instead of a plastic ceiling in a GCC funded shit hole.

47 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Waghorn, garner and MOH for me for the next wee while.

get halliday back in with windass.

fuck knows what to do with centre backs.

If the other parts of the team are functioning properly, the centre backs should have little to do.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

If the other parts of the team are functioning properly, the centre backs should have little to do.

See that's the thing - we had so much possession last year that we effectively defended by having the ball. We have stopped doing that completely.

A lot of ifs and buts after that and the inquest will continue but at the end of the day the team and most of the players did not perform. MW will, and rightly so, have to take his share of the blame. If there was an issue with money to be spent then King also has to shoulder his share. Embarrassed and sickened by that  display today. Fingers need to be pulled out. 

I fear Mark will lose his job if he doesn't sort out the Barton/Niko situation and get our midfield ticking over again. I doubt he'll drop Barton though. The situation hasn't been helped with injuries and loss of form for Barrie for example. 

If we have a couple of good matches in a row then the pressure will be relieved a little. Easier said than done though, as there is an obvious step-up in quality of our opponents from last year. 

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

See that's the thing - we had so much possession last year that we effectively defended by having the ball. We have stopped doing that completely.

The brisk teamwork which characterised the early part of last season is long gone.

It seems that for a while (& today just exposed the full extent) we've just had a bunch of guys doing their own thing. 

49 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

When the 3rd went it .Yes 

I thought if we got equaliser ,it may have changed things 

So so so many bad decisions from our Manager and from players 

It's up there with the worst 

Thing is, mate, all the things came from areas widely predicted - centre backs a bombscare, midfield blend being too ponderous.

And still the guy who might hit them with a bit of real pace stayed glued to the bench....

51 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Awful, just awful. Welcome to the realities of the top tier, Mark.

Having said that, that team MW put out should not be losing by that score to a team that will be found out at the Nou Camp on Tuesday. I don't think our best combination and tactics have been put into practise yet.

We'll get better as the season progresses, but I see nothing to suggest anythting better than 2nd or 3rd place.

2 wins in 5.

A last minute winner away from 1 win in 5.

There needs to be a dramatic upturn in form from ALL concerned, otherwise finishing top 6 will seem like a good result.

it was awful today, no doubt about it. Warburton has a lot to sort out. The last time we lost by that margin, we won by the same margin in the next game. It's something to cling on to. I do think he's trying to blend a team & bring some of them back to full fitness. O'halloran is a one trick pony, which is why he's not being picked. Warburton needs this season to get it right. It's scary because of the nine in a row thing, but it's true. This season we must compete and we must have European football at the end of it Next season is a must win.

2 hours ago, Boaby Bear said:

the fuck u talking aboot.

Away hame and batter bernadette ya tattie munching fuck.

You know what,  I don't actually mind a good tattie.  Par boiled,  then finished in the over with a bit of olive oil and rosemary....  Especially with a well cooked steak. Can't beat it.... Oh and FYI I've been in the house all day,  might want to rethink your insults. 

We really miss Holt. Him, windass and forester should be our midfield, that way we will play to our strengths. Unfortunately, niko and Barton really disrupt the pattern of the team. Also, Halliday is needed too. We have to get back to our fast flowing football, but if the manager feels obliged to pick players that slow us down, then he will have to come up with a plan pretty quickly. Annoying thing is, the scum are not a good team at all, they are shit, we just handed them the goals today. Anyway, bad as it is today, it is still early days and I am certain we will click soon enough; but we now need to start winning every game. We need that winning mentality back.