Why the negativity?

Cam1872

A few games into the season and I do agree with the sentiment that we arent exactly fully motoring. 

Compare that to our last 5-6 starts of an SPL season and its hardly scope for the level of pessimism shown by some of us? 

We have started worse and won the league. We have started better and lost the league but yet a growing majority seem to feel we are doomed. 

I just don't get it.  I get we have high standards that havent been met, seems a bit premature though to talk like we wont meet them.. 

Mckay getting stick 

Warburton getting stick

Waghorn can go if he wants

Senderos is hopeless

Started the season unbeaten 

Moaning about folk moaning isnt productive I know. I just cant see why folk have such a pessimistic standpoint on the season so far? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moaning about folk moaning isnt productive I know. I just cant see why folk have such a pessimistic standpoint on the season so far?

4 games against the 4 easiest teams in the league and only 8 points from it before our biggest game of the season with little improvements to a shocking defence that has cost us and will continue to cost us points this season. 

Does that help you? 

We've been playing poorly against some of the worst teams in the league. The defence is shite. We've not been anywhere near clinical enough. Our transfer business hasn't been great. 

Were not doomed but it doesn't exactly make for good expectations.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

4 games against the 4 easiest teams in the league and only 8 points from it before our biggest game of the season with little improvements to a shocking defence that has cost us and will continue to cost us points this season. 

Does that help you? 

/thread

I'm not negative about the whole squad, in fact I think we are better than we are given credit for, and I think in some parts our performances have been better than we have been given credit for. We still have the best manager as far as I'm concerned as well. However, the CD is an area was need to sort, and if we don't sort it then this season is going to be more difficult than it needed to be. Of course we don't have a big budget, but would we necessarily need a huge budget to find a proper CH? I think Lescott would have been a great signing for this squad, but there should have been other options for us to explore in the past few months.

I get your points... 

Its hardly Ogdenstad upfront and Capucho on the wing though. 

4 points away from where we should be. An international break to bed in new players... 

Im still not convinced its worth all the negative vibes and criticism is a bit OTT. 

Its not impossible that we will beat them on the 10th and the start looks a lot more like it. 

40 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm not negative about the whole squad, in fact I think we are better than we are given credit for, and I think in some parts our performances have been better than we have been given credit for. We still have the best manager as far as I'm concerned as well. However, the CD is an area was need to sort, and if we don't sort it then this season is going to be more difficult than it needed to be. Of course we don't have a big budget, but would we necessarily need a huge budget to find a proper CH? I think Lescott would have been a great signing for this squad, but there should have been other options for us to explore in the past few months.

Don't know what you've been watching as we haven't kicked a ball for months. You say we have the best manager yet he can't see what you see considering the defence,and I don't think Hill is the kind of player we should be signing whether we have money or not. The jury is still out with Barton but I have seen nothing so far to fill me with hope and I think warburton is now being found out for what he is,an inexperienced manager who will not admit when he is wrong

Just now, Dickie said:

Don't know what you've been watching as we haven't kicked a ball for months. You say we have the best manager yet he can't see what you see considering the defence,and I don't think Hill is the kind of player we should be signing whether we have money or not. The jury is still out with Barton but I have seen nothing so far to fill me with hope and I think warburton is now being found out for what he is,an inexperienced manager who will not admit when he is wrong

We played well in the second-half against Hamilton- when Forrester came on we were all over them; even with 10 men we were the far better team. The first-half against Dundee we were very good, so much so that we could have been 4-0 up at half time. The Motherwell second-half saw us playing well, and in some parts of the Kilmarnock game we were good at times, and we could have scored a winning goal in that match- I think people are wrong about Barton, and he will come good in the midfield. We have players who are coming into a new environment and it takes time. When I applaud Warburton as the best manager, it's because I think he is building something special here; I think he is putting fundamental principles in place that will take time; especially at Auchenhowie, but also in the values he is instilling in the first-team. We have to be patient, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Cam1872 said:

A few games into the season and I do agree with the sentiment that we arent exactly fully motoring. 

Compare that to our last 5-6 starts of an SPL season and its hardly scope for the level of pessimism shown by some of us? 

We have started worse and won the league. We have started better and lost the league but yet a growing majority seem to feel we are doomed. 

I just don't get it.  I get we have high standards that havent been met, seems a bit premature though to talk like we wont meet them.. 

Mckay getting stick 

Warburton getting stick

Waghorn can go if he wants

Senderos is hopeless

Started the season unbeaten 

Bunch of spoilt greeting faced moaners on here - negativity is almost derigeur! 

If it were the sheep or Hetrz they might be excited , second or third might be acceptable to them, the scum have a march on us and so far we don't look like we can catch them this season, points wise or player wise. In years past we had a better squad able to cope with bad starts, this one is untried, can they cut the mustard ? Time will tell but I have my doubts.

King said £30 mil would need to be spent just to compete with them, he said he foresaw them winning one season us the next and so on, I don't see any players that have been brought in that are game changers or winners

That's why right now I'm feeling a bit negative.

I think we have every right to be worried! I could accept the points tally had we played well in those games and the 2 wins were comfortable, we haven't & they weren't! 

Realistically we're looking at going into the old firm running the risk of effectively being 7 points behind (granted the taigs would need to win their game in hand) should we get beat! Now that's frightening considering we would only be 5 games in!! 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Does that help you? 

Can't put it any clearer than that 

36 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Bunch of spoilt greeting faced moaners on here - negativity is almost derigeur! 

Bp9 i don't think we've been spoiled for a good while. Going all the way back to 2012 the Rangers fans have done nothing but support this great club financially i.e. buy season tickets when we knew it wasn't gonna be pretty and also put our trust in people who with hindsight should have been chased out of town. But again this season we've sold out Ibrox having been told if we do our part the custodians will back us, imho this hasn't been done. I still believe in the board of directors but i think it was time to step up to the the plate and honour their pledges

37 minutes ago, yoggiebear said:

Bp9 i don't think we've been spoiled for a good while. Going all the way back to 2012 the Rangers fans have done nothing but support this great club financially i.e. buy season tickets when we knew it wasn't gonna be pretty and also put our trust in people who with hindsight should have been chased out of town. But again this season we've sold out Ibrox having been told if we do our part the custodians will back us, imho this hasn't been done. I still believe in the board of directors but i think it was time to step up to the the plate and honour their pledges

But then why do folk moan so much on here - they actively look for the negative and never see a positive 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

But then why do folk moan so much on here - they actively look for the negative and never see a positive 

That's nonsense. I may not agree with much of the criticism but the team are dropping points, and being Rangers that is going to happen that there will be criticism.

Negativity is a by product of following a successful club, we're used to winning and should expect to win, so when we don't questions are quite rightly asked , what would you prefer? a hearts or sheep mentality where finishing 3rd is seen as a successful  season? or our mentality where 2nd is complete failure? the start has been nowhere near good enough and I'm not in panic mode just yet, but I'll take honesty over blind faith , I'll get behind the team but will critisise the board, team and management when I think it's warranted.