Who is to blame?

thehost

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what if this club will live with in its means, where even any debt will be a debt we can cope with; and that we will leverage our finances on proper financial principles. Would you have it any other way OP? Would you rather we spend beyond our means? This shouldn't be about individual investors particularly, football has moved on and left us behind, and so we will have to do it the hard way, with a longer term perspective. A Championship player was sold for £30 million, think about that for a moment, and what it means for us; £1.1+ billion was spent on this transfer market, and Derby County spent £4 million yesterday and another Championship club spent £12 million on a striker earlier in the Window. We have to focus on Auchenhowie in order to bring on young players, and we have to fulfill the potential of our first team through good coaching. We have to be more pragmatic, because we cannot really compete in the transfer market to any great extent.

48 minutes ago, DP FC said:

Four years ago, some fans wanted to be self sufficient, to hell with relying on a rich man's hand outs. No security in that.

Some folks want a rich sugar daddy to tit feed us when required.

Seems we can't all get what we want.

For me? We need to have a business model where we are self sufficient, don't want to repeat the last four years. If somebody wants to top it up now and again with a few mill, then all the better. 

While I agree mate and imo only if we try the self sufficient model we will be well behind the filth for a long long time and we won't win titles as the smellies will spend their way out it. I agree with the OP anyway on some points, if DK had came in and told the truth he probably would still have got the vote in but I don't care what anyone says he lied his way in only once we the support had excelled where ST sales are concerned we then got hit with second is where we will be aiming for this year, poor comments. If and its a big if we lose to them we are 7 points behind going into game 6 which is shocking and we will struggle to pull that back unfortunately on the other hand if we win it may kick start out season as even the most loyal fan will admit we have been poor. I like MW and hope he's here for the long term but I'm astounded he has failed to address the defence since last year and get the impression he has a lot of favourites who will be in the team except for injury or suspension, I want the best 11 playing every week and I don't think that happens tbh, everyone can't be wrong we can all see the Miller shouldn't be playing 90 every week but he persists with him. 

2 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

While I agree mate and imo only if we try the self sufficient model we will be well behind the filth for a long long time and we won't win titles as the smellies will spend their way out it. I agree with the OP anyway on some points, if DK had came in and told the truth he probably would still have got the vote in but I don't care what anyone says he lied his way in only once we the support had excelled where ST sales are concerned we then got hit with second is where we will be aiming for this year, poor comments. If and its a big if we lose to them we are 7 points behind going into game 6 which is shocking and we will struggle to pull that back unfortunately on the other hand if we win it may kick start out season as even the most loyal fan will admit we have been poor. I like MW and hope he's here for the long term but I'm astounded he has failed to address the defence since last year and get the impression he has a lot of favourites who will be in the team except for injury or suspension, I want the best 11 playing every week and I don't think that happens tbh, everyone can't be wrong we can all see the Miller shouldn't be playing 90 every week but he persists with him. 

The same shareholders who voted DK onto the board can also IF they have enough voting power and IF they think he is not doing a good job of running the finances of the club vote him off.Thats two big IFs that the shareholders will have to decide.It does not solve the problem of incomings v outgoings whether DK or any other board member are there or not.Once again I say we do not have some Rangers mad billionaire wanting to throw his millions into Rangers as some wish and the sooner some get this into their heads the better.It is going to take a lot of very hard work by all involved and a great deal of long term patience by all involved including the fans.If this is not for you then perhaps you should think of something else to do with your time on a Saturday afternoon as no doubt will be the case for some IF the club don't win the league at the first time back.

1 hour ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

We signed 12 players this summer, some of which will be on larger wages than we've paid for years.

We haven't lost a game yet. 

It's also only the 1st of Septemeber. 

I was going to say the same, except it was 11 players :)

The OP is one miserable bastard, cheer up pal.

The manager is to blame for us being 4 points behind, he's picked the wrong team.

As for competing with Celtic hasn't the OP bleated on for years about us operating within our means? We're still running at a loss, yet we've recruited 10 players significantly enhancing the squad. Anyone who thought we were spending millions on transfer fees is truly deluded. We've probably spent £2.5 - £3M in fees, which actually surprised me. 

King is to blame for trying to be the big man, he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. 

The board need to figure out a way to fund the club going forward so we can compete with Celtic but still operate within the financial constraints in Scotland. It's not the board's job to provide the funding out of their own pocket anymore than its the fans job.

We can't just keep having share options or soft loans.

And the warning signs are there, we have played the easiest teams whilst they've played the most difficult teams and are still ahead. Unless MW gets his team selection right and we start the high tempo passing and pressing game then we are fucked and by that I mean we'll struggle to be in the top 4

Who's to blame for what?

After the 4 years we've had it amazes me that some people's answer is still lets spend money we don't have.

Last year we brought in 15 new players (most of which were a success) for a total of £1,185,000 which I see as good business. We won the league comfortably playing an attractive style of football. On top of that we had a win against them which was a bonus and we were within touching distance of our first major trophy since 2011.

This season we've signed a better quality of player IMO for a total of £2,120,000 which I also see as decent business (there are plenty threads about centre backs).

We've had a complete overhaul at Murray Park in terms of staff, with a manager who realises the importance of bringing through our own young players. We're also starting to build a recruitment/scouting department which has been non existent for the last 4 years.

Yes, I'd like more points on the board this season but in general I'm pretty happy with the way things are going.

a.JPG

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

And what if this club will live with in its means, where even any debt will be a debt we can cope with; and that we will leverage our finances on proper financial principles. Would you have it any other way OP? Would you rather we spend beyond our means? This shouldn't be about individual investors particularly, football has moved on and left us behind, and so we will have to do it the hard way, with a longer term perspective. A Championship player was sold for £30 million, think about that for a moment, and what it means for us; £1.1+ billion was spent on this transfer market, and Derby County spent £4 million yesterday and another Championship club spent £12 million on a striker earlier in the Window. We have to focus on Auchenhowie in order to bring on young players, and we have to fulfill the potential of our first team through good coaching. We have to be more pragmatic, because we cannot really compete in the transfer market to any great extent.

The scum have just received a £30 mil windfall and no doubt another one next season, as we cannot compete with them as our board neither posses the financial muscle nor the business acumen to do so. Our world is surrounded in courts and litigation and bend over to take it up the erse at the whim of the footballing authoties.

Overall the scum have better quality in their squad and have far more money, which they can and will use to make sure we get nowhere near them.

The MW magic hat has just fell off, in failing to deliver a quality central defence. If you can't get that right, don't be expecting to win much. Basics ffs.

There is a dearth of quality youth and a new mentality at Achenhowie will change nothing. If we are relying on that, we will be waiting a century, if ever to win anything. You do know the 17's recently got humped 4-0 by the mighty  Accies under the new system?! Good coaching is one thing, talent is another.

Nothing changes until this board go and if they are Rangers men, they will for the greater good.

We are not in a good place if we have any short term aspirations of challenging the scum and overtaking them. In the long term we can only hope for new owners that posses the financial muscle and acumen to do so.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The scum have just received a £30 mil windfall and no doubt another one next season, as we cannot compete with them as our board neither posses the financial muscle nor the business acumen to do so. Our world is surrounded in courts and litigation and bend over to take it up the erse at the whim of the footballing authoties.

Overall the scum have better quality in their squad and have far more money, which they can and will use to make sure we get nowhere near them.

The MW magic hat has just fell off, in failing to deliver a quality central defence. If you can't get that right, don't be expecting to win much. Basics ffs.

There is a dearth of quality youth and a new mentality at Achenhowie will change nothing. If we are relying on that, we will be waiting a century, if ever to win anything. You do know the 17's recently got humped 4-0 by the mighty  Accies under the new system?! Good coaching is one thing, talent is another.

Nothing changes until this board go and if they are Rangers men, they will for the greater good.

We are not in a good place if we have any short term aspirations of challenging the scum and overtaking them. In the long term we can only hope for new owners that posses the financial muscle and acumen to do so.

So you want a billionaire sugar daddy owner or consortium to plough in tens of millions of their own cash? The club needs to stand on it's own. If we don't have the means to generate the money we shouldn't be spending the money.

56 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

The same shareholders who voted DK onto the board can also IF they have enough voting power and IF they think he is not doing a good job of running the finances of the club vote him off.Thats two big IFs that the shareholders will have to decide.It does not solve the problem of incomings v outgoings whether DK or any other board member are there or not.Once again I say we do not have some Rangers mad billionaire wanting to throw his millions into Rangers as some wish and the sooner some get this into their heads the better.It is going to take a lot of very hard work by all involved and a great deal of long term patience by all involved including the fans.If this is not for you then perhaps you should think of something else to do with your time on a Saturday afternoon as no doubt will be the case for some IF the club don't win the league at the first time back.

It won't be at the second or third time of asking either, with the current potless clowns leading us. Meanwhile the scum pocket their £30 mil windfall year on year and widen the financial chasm, so at what point of asking do we take the title? Five years, ten years? That would be acceptable would it?

Fucking hell OP give it time ya miserable bastart!! :lol: Can't believe how negative some folk are being!!! 4 games in and unbeaten. Yes it's not been bonny and yes we give ourselves a mountain to climb, but the manager needs to find the right formula, and the players need to gel. Bear in mind it's (almost) an entire new team. Everyone is nervous about the game against the filth, but just remember how much the players turn it on in the OF. They were expecting a walkover last time and got a rude awakening. Show a bit of support instead of thinking the world is going to implode and looking for someone to lynch over dropping 4 points.

5 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Who's to blame for what?

After the 4 years we've had it amazes me that some people's answer is still lets spend money we don't have.

Last year we brought in 15 new players (most of which were a success) for a total of £1,185,000 which I see as good business. We won the league comfortably playing an attractive style of football. On top of that we had a win against them which was a bonus and we were within touching distance of our first major trophy since 2011.

This season we've signed a better quality of player IMO for a total of £2,120,000 which I also see as decent business (there are plenty threads about centre backs).

We've had a complete overhaul at Murray Park in terms of staff, with a manager who realises the importance of bringing through our own young players. We're also starting to build a recruitment/scouting department which has been non existent for the last 4 years.

Yes, I'd like more points on the board this season but in general I'm pretty happy with the way things are going.

a.JPG

Too much sense in that post mate. 

If we had won our first 4 games, we wouldn't be reading most of this mock hysteria and any excuse for a go at the board by some who would never be pleased anyway, due to their own petty personal shite with those on the board, or who supports them. The manager is as much if not more to blame for that. 

27 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

On both counts that is both short sighted and wrong. What does it have to do with a new mentality? We have just recruited a coach for the Under 20s with a proven record; and who are you to say that there is a dearth in quality at Auchenhowie? Ryan Hardie doesn't lack in quality; and the full-back McCrorie definitely doesn't lack in quality. There is definite quality in the youth set up, and if you think there is not a great deal of thought and planning going into what we are doing at Auchenhowie, either in terms of coaching or development, then you are kidding yourself on. You have a narrow minded perspective if you think that Mark Warburton's reputation has taken a hit because of our failure to land a CH; what would the cost of that player be that you have in mind? I think it's odd that we signed Hill so early in the Window, but there is a context to our struggles in the transfer market: 15 years ago we could compete with any EPL club in the transfer market, 10 years ago we could compete with most of the EPL for players, 5 years ago we could compete with the Championship for players, and now we can just about compete with League One clubs for players. That is the reality of our situation; it's not one that sits easy with me, I can assume it is not a reality that sits easy with anyone at Rangers, but it is the reality nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

So you want a billionaire sugar daddy owner or consortium to plough in tens of millions of their own cash? The club needs to stand on it's own. If we don't have the means to generate the money we shouldn't be spending the money.

I want this fucking clown of a board to provide the coherent investment strategy in how we overtake the scum to take the title. You know the day job of a competent and responsible company officer ! Not some wind and pish from an unqualified accounant with a criminal record, spending more time in court than he does at Ibrox. Get the gist of it?