Who is to blame?

thehost

A bit pessimistic OP :lol: 

Yes King is a lying cunt and should be chased along with mini. The rest of the board have a hard task on their hands they don't have the money to take us forward and they either won't or can't get any new money into the club. 

We are still paying old players coming to the end of their careers huge wages so some things never change at Rangers. 

The stadium needs huge investment ASAP and we don't have it, the board either won't or can't arrange a manageable debt level with any bank which in itself should sound alarm bells. 

Plus side they lucked out with Warburton when it comes to organising and running a football academy, and if he fails as manager we still have that to thank him for. It was a job that has never been done properly at Auchenhowie so hopefully we are in the right road at last. 

So on a whole we have major problems in some areas and huge improvements in others. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Deflecting doesn't make your response anymore credible.

I take it you don't need this board to come up with an investment strategy?

You're obviously a world leading businessman, like king then?

Point 1 I've already addressed in this thread.

Point 2 just makes you look silly...thought you were better than that, obviously not. 

I'm no King-a-ling but it's quite clear what you want is someone to pump in their own money, that's not what is required at all, although it would be lovely it's not sustainable. We need to generate the money we spend, that's the strategy that needs developing. No more soft loans or endless share options...begging fans (wealthy or not) for further for investment.

And that's the challenge, increasing our revenue stream to a point where we can compete with Celtic. There is no reason, other than a few thousand more STs that they such higher annual turnover. I don't see DD subsidising them by tens or millions per year.

That's where the current board are failing, the retail deal being a classic example.

Monetising the ex-pat fan base around the world is another huge failing of successive boards.

We need 50,000 - 100,000 overseas fans providing a monthly subscription in return for RTV, signed goodies, programmes, raffles, kids memberships, access to tickets, training days when they're back in the UK. The product on offer needs to be too good for an overseas fan to refuse.

With 100,000 RTV subscribers we can start to ramp up the income from advertising revenues.  

100,000 is undoubtedly optimistic...but why should it be...we're one of the best supported clubs in the world...aren't we! 

100,000 x £10 per month is £12m a year completely guaranteed income.

11 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Quite sure DK is already trying to sort out an investment strategy,which can only happen once he has cleared out the thieves and one of the biggest being MA+SD.
He wants to have complete control about our income and not have cunts taking advantage of us now,like cunts did in the past.

King would not have to clear out all the thieves if he had bought the club in the first place. Not just him, but all the supposed Rangers men who could have bought us before Murray sold us to the scumbag. 

3 hours ago, thehost said:

Dave King for quoting huge amounts of money without the club seeing any sight of it?

The other rangers shareholders for not ponying up?

The current execs for having no discernable commercial cash?

Paul murray and his merry band of email fans who sought regime change through methods not normally recognised?

Us, the general fanbase for pumping is 70 odd thousand season books with scarce a penny spent?

or Mark Warburton refusing to recruit a proficient team which, after on 4 games in, leaves us with the real possibility of being 7 points behind the filth before we take on our 6th domestic match of the season.

I want everyone to think back to march 15 when the board was changed, when all the promises were made, all the transparency guaranteed, all the funding talked about and what have we seen. The only transparency was jobs and gifts for the boys, the only expenditure is some canvass coverings outwith the stadia. Football wise how much have we actually spent on fees, actually spent?

The woeful scenes, of inadequacy, this close season really provide the stark reality that the club has no ability to compete in any fee based transfer market or that we have a manager who is completely out of his depth in terms of expectation of the club.

It was shameful enough, for our absentee chairman, to seek to finish second without the club deciding to carry out business, in such a fashion, that second is by no means guaranteed.

I look forward to all the abuse this post will get from the sunshine loyal, I don't look forward to referencing this post, come May, when we are over 18 point behind the filth and grabbling about, in a dogfight for 2/3/4 place.

Its simply not good enough.

They have lied their way to the Boardroom and unfortunately for Rangers and our support this will be found out this season, You can only pull a con for so long before being found out.

Posters seem to have their head in the sand now and some are even willing accomplices in the lies, they were warned about King and Co but did nothing but back them up even when time and time again promises were broken and lies by them exposed.

Will be a tough season this year.

See if we were awarded upwards of 30 million where do you think we'd spend the money?

Service the debt? Plug the gaps in revenue?

Its the same for the smelly cunts across the city.

Some of our supporters need to get it out of their heads that the CL money they are getting is gravy. It fucken is not. They've had bad financials for 2 years now even with all the CL money and shirt deals and selling players.

Wake the fuck up.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Point 2 just makes you look silly...thought you were better than that, obviously not. 

I'm no King-a-ling but it's quite clear what you want is someone to pump in their own money, that's not what is required at all, although it would be lovely it's not sustainable. We need to generate the money we spend, that's the strategy that needs developing. No more soft loans or endless share options...begging fans (wealthy or not) for further for investment.

And that's the challenge, increasing our revenue stream to a point where we can compete with Celtic. There is no reason, other than a few thousand more STs that they such higher annual turnover. I don't see DD subsidising them by tens or millions per year.

That's where the current board are failing, the retail deal being a classic example.

Monetising the ex-pat fan base around the world is another huge failing of successive boards.

We need 50,000 - 100,000 overseas fans providing a monthly subscription in return for RTV, signed goodies, programmes, raffles, kids memberships, access to tickets, training days when they're back in the UK. It needs to be too good an offer not to take up.

With 100,000 RTV subscribers we can start to ramp up the income from advertising revenues.  

100,000 is undoubtedly optimistic...but why should it be...we're one of the best supported clubs in the world...aren't we! 

At last someone with some kind of money raising ideas unlike the many threads on here and posters whos only input consists of fucking off the board and asking where the money is.

4 minutes ago, minstral said:

King would not have to clear out all the thieves if he had bought the club in the first place. Not just him, but all the supposed Rangers men who could have bought us before Murray sold us to the scumbag. 

Almost positive DK is the one living with the thought that he could've bought us at the time and saved us from what we went through.
Quite sure at the time nobody was in a position to take on the possibility of the tax bill and debts which were being mentioned.
Not sure if DK ever had that kind of money.

26 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

You hate King.  Anything and everything that goes on at the club has a negative slant spun on it by the likes of you and the OP because of it and posts like this and the OP are just totally irrational, illogical nonsense.

You are right mr Sunshine . You could almost be Mini Murray himself :dry:

12 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

We need 50,000 - 100,000 overseas fans providing a monthly subscription in return for RTV, signed goodies, programmes, raffles, kids memberships, access to tickets, training days when they're back in the UK. It needs to be too good an offer not to take up.

Good post. Some of your ideas related to the club generating income are quite interesting; I still think that RTV has potential, and would hope that we are looking into that. You're right, we should be aiming high in that sense, and showing some imagination in those areas.

20 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

We need 50,000 - 100,000 overseas fans providing a monthly subscription in return for RTV, signed goodies, programmes, raffles, kids memberships, access to tickets, training days when they're back in the UK. The product on offer needs to be too good for an overseas fan to refuse.

Good post mate, maybe you should send it to our board. (tu)

King said we needed to spend £30 mil just to compete with them, I didn't believe he or other board members were actually going to spend their money, I did hope that now we are back in the top league King might have found others willing to invest.

The boss has done well by not spending a fortune but will it be good enough to take the title this year ? I doubt it.

I'll be happy with second this season

Just now, The Dude said:

Fucking hell. we've dropped 4 points. The Champions over the last decade have dropped 20-30 every season bar one (they dropped 15 that year) and over the same period drop an average of 25 points throughout the season. 

I've got a feeling that record will be smashed this year. 

31 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

See if we were awarded upwards of 30 million where do you think we'd spend the money?

Service the debt? Plug the gaps in revenue?

Its the same for the smelly cunts across the city.

Some of our supporters need to get it out of their heads that the CL money they are getting is gravy. It fucken is not. They've had bad financials for 2 years now even with all the CL money and shirt deals and selling players.

Wake the fuck up.

CL money for a club like ours would have to be viewed over perhaps three seasons- therefore if it led to a signing because of CL football in order that we would compete it would take the whole of that player's contract into account. .What couldn't happen is that we would gain CL money and imagine that this is our income X for one year, and so we would spend X for one year. CL money x, would contribute to the expenditure of three seasons perhaps; especially in player expenditure. That would be my preference anyway . Because it is bonus related, and because of the impact it would have in percentage terms to our revenue, and not really revenue in a conventional sense, I think it would be wise to project it's worth over a few seasons. 20 million is about a 5th of the tv revenue of some average sized clubs who find themselves the top scale bracket of that kind of tv deal. It is not much in comparative terms at all.

34 minutes ago, minstral said:

No chance they were going to buy us they knew what Murray had been and was up too, I'm wondering if that's why nobody has come forward with big investment because some of them are still here !:sherlock:

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In what way? You think they won't drop many points? 

They will of course drop points, especially after European games. Their defence is almost as bad as ours. However as embarrassing their qualification exploits have been their league results, if not performances have been ominous IMO given the opposition especially when coupled with our poor form, apparent style change and frankly ludicrous team selection in what should have been an easy start...it's very worrying at this early stage...yes.