Joey sent home

scottjf82

1 minute ago, wearethepeople1 said:

He came here thinking it would be a stroll in the park. Talking a power of shite before a ball was even kicked and has been shown up by shitey Scottish players. 

The fact HE has been sent home tells you everything you need to know. MW knows what he is like and knows how he will react to this and sent him home anyway. 

He hasn't kicked a ball for us and has took the hump because he is being called out on it. This is Rangers FFS

The guy is cunt, throughout his whole career he has been the same. 

Get him to fuck IMO 

Mark Warburton also signed him knowing full well what he was like with being outspoken etc 

I'm not interested in defending Barton's performances but I think some are going on like he's at the heart of our problems this season when in reality nobody has had a good season so far. If he's going to still be in the picture then he needs to step it up and make a contribution, obviously he might be finished already but that'll be up to the club 

Also, a few people have mentioned finger-pointing and players being pulled apart in the dressing room at full-time on Saturday; fucking good.

Conceding five goals is a fucking crime, especially in a game that means so much. Read any footballers' autobiography and they talk of scraps in every changing room when things aren't going well.

I hope Halliday was pointing fingers. I'll be the first to admit that he's not the world's best footballer, but he should have started on Saturday. We needed another semi-final performance from the midfield, but he was patched two older, slower players which cost us. I'd have been raging.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Have any of the other outlets reporting this story actually elaborated on it yet? Raman and Keith Jackson said there's more to follow over an hour ago and still nothing.

Starting to think there might actually be nothing in it after all.

If there was nothing in it the club would have rubbish end it by now, or joey himself would have put something up on Twitter IMO 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Way too many players that I'm not trusting this season but Barton can still turn it around 

A certain few cant 

Yep he certainly has the qualities.

Think we all need to calm down a bit although a understand folks frustrations.

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Mark Warburton also signed him knowing full well what he was like with being outspoken etc 

I'm not interested in defending Barton's performances but I think some are going on like he's at the heart of our problems this season when in reality nobody has had a good season so far. If he's going to still be in the picture then he needs to step it up and make a contribution, obviously he might be finished already but that'll be up to the club 

He's one of a few problems in the team and to be fair he was by no means the worst on Saturday. He does need to step up and do his talking on the park rather than online

I'm going to be honest here. Barton has been far from been the worst player in our side this season. He's not been great but folk saying he's shite and so on is over the top. You don't go from being the best player in the championship to being not good enough for Scottish football in a 2 month period. The whole team has not been good enough. If it doesn't work out for him at us it will not be because of his ability. It might be because of his attitude or it might be because of this incident but I wouldn't question his ability. In my opinion, I think he feels let down by other players and I wouldn't be surprised if words have been exchanged to that effect.

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If he has been dropped, then is it that unlikely that he may have been given a few days off to go down south and spend with his family? Particularly if there has been an argument between him and Halliday? Let's everyone cool down, give Barton a chance to go away and see his kids etc. Tomorrow would be all about preparation for Saturday (which he wouldn't be involved in), yesterday would have been their day off and he was there on Tuesday.

Unfortunately there isn't much currency in that sense you have. This is complete hype. Barton will be back next week and everything will be fine. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

The manager has got him running the show instead of doing what he is good at, getting tackles in and breaking up the oppositions play, something had to give, especially when the manager talking about respect and analysing how the players training and preparation is well done and ignoring what is actually done on match day and ignoring the obvious problems stemming from last yearI don't know the facts but its good to see the players venting their frustrations and hopefully it will settle down to being focussed on winning.