Joey sent home

scottjf82

I though Barton would bring something positive to the side arriving as the Championship's top dog, he was shite and a big part of our awful start to the season, I will not give one fuck if his contract is cancelled.

He could talk the talk ok but walk the walk? not even close.

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Barton only signed for Rangers because he had a book out, he could've got more money down South, I'm pretty sure of that, I'm also sure he could've got enough secrurity elsewhere too, his book was due out this month though, whoever else wanted him he wouldn't have got the publicity or coverage he would get as a Rangers player, it also opened up a whole new worldwide fanbase for him to sell his book too as well.

I think it's pretty strange that a guy who was so obviously a tim would come here in the first place, its no like he needs the money and its no like he was short on options, he came off the back of a big season and could've got an EPL gig, the only thing that I can genuinely believe could attract him here was the fanbase with his book up coming 

Barton has 3.2 million followers on Twitter, that's over six times the amount Rangers have on Twitter. I don't think that was his motivation. 

I was delighted and excited when he signed, but everything he's done after that made me regret all it. He's done nothing and looks severely off the pace. He looks like a player that realises he's bitten off more than he can chew. I reckon he's chucked the towel in already and he's been getting stick from other players for it. Walking and talking are 2 different things and JB has only done the talking bit so far. 

What I hope is, this bust up is something that all concerned got a passion flowing coz they all want the same thing, The Rangers winning. That is a good sign imo. If it's just a case of JB spitting the dummy coz he got criticised, than he can do one. Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Apparently Barton was told he wouldn't be playing on Saturday, was having a moan, Halliday said something then they got into an argument. Sounds a little bit like a mountain of a molehill tbh.

So MW picks his team on a Tuesday? Why would he tell joseph anthony he wasn't playing when he doesn't know who is fit/well until match day? 

Think you might be wrong.

2 minutes ago, mchammer said:

Not liked what I have seen of him since he joined, too busy telling others on the pitch what to do instead of concentrating on his own game.

Seems he is disrupting on and off the field more and more. Can't handle the criticism I expect.

Bar one or two, looks like the whole fucking team can't handle it going by their performances since April. Too many prima donnas, who in the past wouldn't even get a sniff at pulling on the jersey.

Get him to fuck. He is a loudmouth wanker with little ability as a football player. I hope Halliday tore him a new one. At least Andy has the baws to say what probably a lot of the team have been thinking for a while. Fuck off joey. Waste of a jersey and cunt of a man 

Just now, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Barton has 3.2 million followers on Twitter, that's over six times the amount Rangers have on Twitter. I don't think that was his motivation. 

Possibly, I spoke there as if I was ITK but it was only my opinion but I fully believe Barton as a Rangers player would appeal to hundreds of thousands of more fans Worldwide than if he stayed at Burnley, its a whole new level of pote tial customers, I could be way off but thats been my thoughts since I first heard we had a chance of signing him.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Sorry but I have to completely disagree with you here. How is this different from say Goram or Gough reacting in anger being told they'll be watching from the side?

This is being highlighted for purely negative reasons when half the people on here cry out for fight and passion in the players. Surely that's what both Halliday and Barton are exhibiting?

I'd hope that any player who is being dropped due to poor form would recognise that they probably don't deserve a place in the starting lineup and need to improve if they want one.

Not saying for a minute he should be happy about it because he absolutely shouldn't but going in a huff, starting arguments and getting sent home from training (it that is actually what's happened) isn't the way to go about it.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I though Barton would bring something positive to the side arriving as the Championship's top dog, he was shite and a big part of our awful start to the season, I will not give one fuck if his contract is cancelled.

He could talk the talk ok but walk the walk? not even close.

Seems you are targeting someone who has only been here 5 minutes. There is real dross stealing a wage and a fair few of them in our ranks proving exactly that since last April. :D

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Trying to work out who is worse: the morons that think they understand the situation completely and are calling Barton to get sacked for it, or the morons that think dropping Barton will mean we suddenly play quick, effective football.

Will have a wager now that we play better stuff on Saturday without the prick in the side.

19 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Doesn't make sense. Surely if it happened on Tuesday he'd have been banned from training since then. Why is it only coming out now and why did Warburton not mention it in his press conference?

It has only come out now so it takes the headlines away from the peados getting pumped 7-0.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I'd hope that any player who is being dropped due to poor form would recognise that they probably don't deserve a place in the starting lineup and need to improve if they want one.

Not saying for a minute he should be happy about it because he absolutely shouldn't but going in a huff, starting arguments and getting sent home from training (it that is actually what's happened) isn't the way to go about it.

Training ground bust ups happened regularly in our most successful sides. I'm not thinking much of this. The dust will settle and they'll end up celebrating a goal together.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If he has been dropped, then is it that unlikely that he may have been given a few days off to go down south and spend with his family? Particularly if there has been an argument between him and Halliday? Let's everyone cool down, give Barton a chance to go away and see his kids etc. Tomorrow would be all about preparation for Saturday (which he wouldn't be involved in), yesterday would have been their day off and he was there on Tuesday.

Hopefully that is what it is. Think everyone has been quick to jump on Barton's back without knowing what has really went on. Suppose that was the easiest option