Only Thistle

thehost

have scored less goals than us in the league and they have a game in hand

When you think that our attack is by far the strongest part of the team then it really highlights why we are 5th in the league. We always knew we were prone to shipping goals but has masked this through outscoring teams.

Scoring 7, whilst conceding 9 is a lot more concerning that the 5th position as it highlights the fundamental issues we have. Even hearts have a 11 v 6 goal difference.

42 minutes ago, thehost said:

have scored less goals than us in the league and they have a game in hand

When you think that our attack is by far the strongest part of the team then it really highlights why we are 5th in the league. We always knew we were prone to shipping goals but has masked this through outscoring teams.

Scoring 7, whilst conceding 9 is a lot more concerning that the 5th position as it highlights the fundamental issues we have. Even hearts have a 11 v 6 goal difference.

Wow - a Monday morning negative thread from yourself - has that ever happened before?

oh wait - yep - happens every Monday! ( and sometimes on other days to!) 

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Crazily though we are only 4 points from top having already lost to our closest rivals while they are rock bottom. 

I am not looking to push the panick button till around Xmas- then let's see where we are when things have settled down a bit.

They also have a game in hand and a +10 goal difference.

I agree with having a fairer assessment later on in the season but the reality is we are poor, will improve, but won't come close to winning the league.

35 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Wow - a Monday morning negative thread from yourself - has that ever happened before?

oh wait - yep - happens every Monday! ( and sometimes on other days to!) 

Presenting factual information is negative, is it? Fuck me lets just all pretend things are great.

We are renowned as an attacking team and its been even weaker than our defence.

You'd be better of sticking to the rangers news, reading andy Cameron and listening to DJ

I actually agree with Warburtons comments on Saturday. Thought it was a good performance and we should have scored 3 goals however the worry is that we have never been clinical enough Over the last year or so. Would love to see more people making an effort to get in the box. 

42 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They also have a game in hand and a +10 goal difference.

I agree with having a fairer assessment later on in the season but the reality is we are poor, will improve, but won't come close to winning the league.

I'm not trying to shy away from that - far from it - but we havent kicked our own arse yet and as you say its not been a good start, and yet when you look at the league table, its not actually that bad.

The issue of course is we have still to play some of the better teams who will be right up for it such as the sheep and hearts. However, some wins in their could well see our confidence grow.

14 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

58% Posession 

16 shots at goal (to 4 against)

5 Shots on Target (to 2 against)

4 shots blocked.

14 Corners (to 1 against)

23 crosses (to 6 against)

So.....not really attacking at all. 

We were slated on here earlier in the season when we played shite but scraped wins against Dundee and Motherwell. Then Saturday we played well but did everything but score due to great goalkeeping/ bad luck and still get slated. Saturday was much more like it imo and I think we're going to teach someone a lesson soon and kick start our season

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

.....and yet when you look at the league table, its not actually that bad.

1st Celtic      

5 played    +10 goal diff       13 points

5th Rangers  

6 played      -2 goal diff          9 points

Different outlooks cushy if you reckon that's not actually that bad (especially given opening fixtures).

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Crazily though we are only 4 points from top having already lost to our closest rivals while they are rock bottom. 

I am not looking to push the panick button till around Xmas- then let's see where we are when things have settled down a bit.

If we get knocked out the LC on Tuesday and lose up there on Sunday  the panic button will get smashed.

Hate to say it but this is very much a reality.

If we go back to the start of April and look at only the competitive games,  we have played 18, won 8 lost 4 and drawn 5 scoring 32, conceded 22 with a difference of +10.

We are having a dip in form,  nothing more than that.  The panic merchants and the media would have us believe its a major crisis and the world is about to end.  Calm down the league is far from over,  in fact it's barely begun.  Can we please get back to supporting the team and the manager? 

3 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Noticed this yesterday and it's done great reading. A think Garner is a great addition though would play him Tuesday and give him another game with the team before going up to the sheep pen on Sunday

Garner will score if we give him service.

Neither wide man did on Saturday. In fact we only started crossing into dangerous areas after we had no CF on the pitch.

It's really not rocket science sorting some of our obvious failings.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

Presenting factual information is negative, is it? Fuck me lets just all pretend things are great.

We are renowned as an attacking team and its been even weaker than our defence.

You'd be better of sticking to the rangers news, reading andy Cameron and listening to DJ

It's just so unlike you to put a negative slant on everything :pipe: 

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Garner will score if we give him service.

Neither wide man did on Saturday. In fact we only started crossing into dangerous areas after we had no CF on the pitch.

It's really not rocket science sorting some of our obvious failings.

Agree. Taken Garner off was another mistake from warburton as Miller drifts out the box far to much