All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

If someone is telling you you're shite at something then you should be itching to prove them wrong.

If we have players who are letting their heads go down just because of the opinion of one guy then I'd seriously question if they have the mentality to be playing for us in the first place.

That's it exactly mate, maybe there's a reason most of Warburtons signings were playing in the lower leagues of england....they couldn't handle the pressure of a big club coz their form now is stinking. 

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

That's it exactly mate, maybe there's a reason most of Warburtons signings were playing in the lower leagues of england....they couldn't handle the pressure of a big club coz their form now is stinking. 

Tbh I think a lot of our problems this season have been down to us underestimating this league. A couple of decent results in cup games last season has had Warburton thinking the league would be a walk in the park and now that reality has set in its beginning to look like the wheels are coming off.

4 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Tbh I think a lot of our problems this season have been down to us underestimating this league. A couple of decent results in cup games last season has had Warburton thinking the league would be a walk in the park and now that reality has set in its beginning to look like the wheels are coming off.

Probably, I think he focused too much on signing midfielders and not enough on getting 2 decent cbs and a top striker. We signed 5 central midfielders in the summer when the middle of the park wasn't our main worries last season.

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Probably, I think he focused too much on signing midfielders and not enough on getting 2 decent cbs and a top striker. We signed 5 central midfielders in the summer when the middle of the park wasn't our main worries last season.

100% agree.

Probably our strongest area on the pitch last season and he's flooded it with new players.

We brought in too many players who are either not an improvement on what he already had or weren't really needed in that position.

2 good defenders, a good striker and a defensive midfielder were all we needed IMO. Obviously when we released players at the end of last season we would have had to add a GK to that list as well.

24 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

If someone is telling you you're shite at something then you should be itching to prove them wrong.

If we have players who are letting their heads go down just because of the opinion of one guy then I'd seriously question if they have the mentality to be playing for us in the first place.

Exactly. If Lee Wallace's form is down to Barton telling him to up his game, then he shouldn't be captain. 

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

100% agree.

Probably our strongest area on the pitch last season and he's flooded it with new players.

We brought in too many players who are either not an improvement on what he already had or weren't really needed in that position.

2 good defenders, a good striker and a defensive midfielder were all we needed IMO. Obviously when we released players at the end of last season we would have had to add a GK to that list as well.

Considering he had got windass and crooks early he didn't need to keep looking in midfield but I think too many options became available for that area he couldn't resist and lost all focus to what the main areas of concern were.  

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Considering he had got windass and crooks early he didn't need to keep looking in midfield but I think too many options became available for that area he couldn't resist and lost all focus to what the main areas of concern were.  

That's exactly it. Stopped looking for what we needed and got carried away when other names became available.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

That's exactly it. Stopped looking for what we needed and got carried away when other names became available.

Rossiter was a no brainer but Barton was a big mistake and I wonder if he had an influence on the signings of kranjcar and hill after playing with them at qpr, I may be ridiculous for even mentioning that but they were strange signings.

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Rossiter was a no brainer but Barton was a big mistake and I wonder if he had an influence on the signings of kranjcar and hill after playing with them at qpr, I may be ridiculous for even mentioning that but they were strange signings.

At the time I thought signing Barton was a no brainer. I was delighted when we signed him.

Hill, I felt would have been a positive influence on the defence with the experience he brings. That hasn't really worked out so far.

Kranjcar was the biggest doubt for me. He was brought in from a retirement league and it's shown so far.

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

We should have signed the majority of our Spl squad early and gave them a Championship season of getting to know each other while winning the league, we are now paying for the management and the board's lack of forward planning.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We should have signed the majority inf our Spl squad early and gave them a Championship season of getting to know each other while winning the league, we are now paying for the management and the board's lack of forward planning.

The flaw IN your plan all be IT a good one was getting any player worth his salt to play IN the championship, yes we could have tempted with big bucks but then fans would moan like they did when Ally was boss of over paying to get out the league.

5 minutes ago, piperpete said:

The flaw IN your plan all be IT a good one was getting any player worth his salt to play IN the championship, yes we could have tempted with big bucks but then fans would moan like they did when Ally was boss of over paying to get out the league.

5 hours ago, theiconicman said:

I hesitate to post this and I normally don't share any information I hear but this one intrigued me.

Apparently Celtic are ready to offer Barton a place in their team should he be released from Rangers. I would have thought from his tweets and windups of Brenda that it would be a no go, but I guess stranger things have happened. It's outrageous but I can see that it would appeal to Joey, the publicity alone for his book would make it worth it.

You should stick to your rule of thumb...keep the voices to yourself bud

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We should have signed the majority of our Spl squad early and gave them a Championship season of getting to know each other while winning the league, we are now paying for the management and the board's lack of forward planning.

To be fair I think all of Warburton's championship signings were made with the SPL in mind as well barring the loan players, whether they're good enough or not is a different debate

5 hours ago, theiconicman said:

I hesitate to post this and I normally don't share any information I hear but this one intrigued me.

Apparently Celtic are ready to offer Barton a place in their team should he be released from Rangers. I would have thought from his tweets and windups of Brenda that it would be a no go, but I guess stranger things have happened. It's outrageous but I can see that it would appeal to Joey, the publicity alone for his book would make it worth it.

Fuck me that was a long sleep.Seems I have woke up on April Fools Day!!!!