All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

12 hours ago, Bears r us said:

As delighted as I am with this result I think I will wait until the sheep game before getting too excited. 

Exactly.

It was QoTS at Ibrox for goodness sake :lol: 

I remember we rolled over Peterhead then struggled badly in the league so you really can't judge it on these cup games against lower league opposition. We were pretty poor in the first half too so we need to start a hell of a lot quicker at the weekend.

Far too soon for posts like the OP.

28 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

I have been on night shift for the past few nights so may have missed something,,,,I read before that the leak said something about Halliiday calling him by the F word in some kind of bust up,  to witch Joey retaliated with the Orange comment and then Andy smacked him ,, Warbs then intervened and something then happened between him and Barton????

Although what happened between him and the mgr is what will be the reasons for whats followed,,, if  Andy did throw a punch and they both used similar sectarian language ,,  then he may well pursue why he is the one being singled out on his own and try to embarrass the club into some sort of pay off.   Or leave it for a snide chapter in his wee shite book.

Can hardly use Black as an example of being treated differently, as Black never had the same previous and the club can argue when this came to light Barton was already on a final warning so to speak

This definitely didnt happen or Haliday would be suspended too for using F word. I am presuming Fenian not F@ck.

I havent read anywhere a definitive heres what happened on the day.

After the bloke Mills saying that Barton used to have a dig at Man City boss maybe 8 or 9 times he said. My money is that he turned on Warburton.

So we have a lawyer publicly advising someone to fabricate a falsehood to gain an unmerited advantage in a possible future legal case which may go to court? 

Is that not against their code of ethics? 

I'm not an expert in the area, but it might potentially be worth throwing in a complaint to the Law Society of Scotland.

He wouldn't be the first obsessive, bigoted cunt who jeopardised his career to pursue his sectarian agenda, as a few former HMRC employees can no doubt testify. 

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Exactly.

It was QoTS at Ibrox for goodness sake :lol: 

I remember we rolled over Peterhead then struggled badly in the league so you really can't judge it on these cup games against lower league opposition. We were pretty poor in the first half too so we need to start a hell of a lot quicker at the weekend.

Far too soon for posts like the OP.

While it was great to score 5 and not concede as you say we have been here before. 

If the team carry on and do well against the sheep then I will start to get more hopeful. :541:

Personally, and until / unless more definitive information is released by the Club about the reason for Barton being banished from the training ground followed by a 3 week suspension, I do not believe the Club or Warburton has handled this whole 'issue' (to use the Club's vague term) well.   Why the so-called 'issue' could not have been properly dealt with the day after it happened rather than shunt things off to the Monday is a mystery.

Clearly the 'issue' is not so serious that the Club would have been safely within its contractual rights to terminate the contract immediately.    So here we are with a punitive suspension which, when the time is served, puts the matter behind the Club and the player.   That may be the case up to a point but if Warburton and Barton simply can not or will not work with each other then this only festers longer and creates opportunity for endless media speculation, observation, comment, ridicule, distraction and so on.  In short if the matter is not definitively concluded after the suspension period elapses and Barton is excluded from consideration from the first team squad or not seriously considered for games if he is fit etc then a parting of the ways is inevitable.  The only question will be how much it costs the Club (unless that other 'issues' arise which takes us down legal pathways).

Barton does not need free legal advice on the 'issue' or on options.   He will doubtless have his own adviser for that (or he can consult one).   I'm sure he has enough nous and experience to know that he needs to look at all the options and then decide which is best to go for.    Absolutely critical to all of this, imo, is Rangers' attitude to the player going forward and central to that will be Warburton's attitude.    If they are implacably set against Barton featuring in any way as part of the Rangers first team then its over and its all about compensation.   If they are not set against him then its possible Barton returns.   If they are indifferent ie he can stay but they make it clear that others are firmly ahead of him in team selection and there are no certainties that he plays much first team football then it both Barton and Rangers might conclude that its time to bring the contract to an end or for Barton to be transferred out.  

The ball is in the Warburton's court.   Does he intend to welcome Barton back into the squad with a conclusive line drawn under the matter or not?   That is what it will initially boil down to in 3 weeks time.   Warburton is bound to be asked this sort of question by the media over the next few weeks leading up to the end of the suspension period.   Doubtless he will simply respond with 'no comment' types of answers.  But unless some sort of exit deal is done in the next 3 weeks when the suspension period ends and Barton reports back for duty then its up to Rangers about what happens next.  

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

It does. 

He's saying (the lawyer ) Halliday picked on him because he's Roman Catholic and that the club didn't support him but punished him again because he was Roman Catholic. (favourable treatment) I pointed out the story needs to be stopped before it grows arms and legs. I've refrained from saying what I could, because I know how serious this could be for the club. I asked could someone phone PM to make him aware of this story and have it retracted by morning, or the club make a statement and nip it in the bud. I'm defending the club. I'm not adding arms and legs.

He's said absolutely nothing of the sort and hasn't even mentioned the incident with Halliday.

He's said Ian Black broke betting rules and didn't get sacked so if we sacked Barton for it then he could play the religion card. Nothing more, nothing less.

Baffling that you've took anything else from that article. Especially how you've ended up at the conclusion that Andy Halliday has directed sectarian abuse towards him :lol:

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I wouldn't have him around our youngsters - it may benefit by humbling jb - but our youngsters would gain fuck all from a psychotic troublemaker around them.

Fair point. Probably piss the youngsters off. Do we need a ball boy?:wink:

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

It does. 

He's saying (the lawyer ) Halliday picked on him because he's Roman Catholic and that the club didn't support him but punished him again because he was Roman Catholic. (favourable treatment) I pointed out the story needs to be stopped before it grows arms and legs. I've refrained from saying what I could, because I know how serious this could be for the club. I asked could someone phone PM to make him aware of this story and have it retracted by morning, or the club make a statement and nip it in the bud. I'm defending the club. I'm not adding arms and legs.

No it doesn't, you have completely misconstrued what was written:

"Joey Barton is a high profile Roman Catholic. He may be able to point to the Ian Black situation where another player was found to have breached the SFA gambling regulations and did not have his contract terminated.

"If he could successfully establish that the reason for this less favourable treatment was his Roman Catholicism, he will have a claim for direct religious discrimination. That might not be a good or indeed winnable argument but the threat of it (and of it causing sufficient embarrassment to the club) could secure a bigger pay-off. 

Where does it say anything or even remotely relate to Halliday picking on him because he's Catholic?

It doesn't.

12 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's said absolutely nothing of the sort and hasn't even mentioned the incident with Halliday.

He's said Ian Black broke betting rules and didn't get sacked so if we sacked Barton for it then he could play the religion card. Nothing more, nothing less.

Baffling that you've took anything else from that article. Especially how you've ended up at the conclusion that Andy Halliday has directed sectarian abuse towards him :lol:

Ask your self why would the religion card be played. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday with his 'less favourable' comments. I don't think Halliday would do something like this. I think your getting the wrong end of the stick with what i'm saying. Club need to act on this ASAP Imo.

8 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

This 

read the article properly guys and then make a measured comment. 

Top many speed reading things and picking out key words - Barton - religious prejudice -claim. 

Then it all becomes a cluster fuck. 

9 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

The bit you highlighted implies that Halliday was being sectarian towards JB and that he was being force out of the club for not being protestant. Imho Board need to make a statement A.S.A.P  before this grows arms and legs.

Naw it diznae. :redcard:

The media are trying to force him out of Ibrox.  As it stands he will be back in 3 weeks.

Now then it's up to Joey to show he is a leader and fight his way into this team, He has to show the same heart he has shown all his career as public enemy no1 , did we expect anything different from the media up here?

The ball is in Bartons court now, he wants to play he keeps himself fit over the coming weeks and Rams every word to every journalist down their throats .

Or he can clean boots and be shown the door January, 

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Ask your self why would the religion card be played. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday with his 'less favourable' comments. I don't think Halliday would do something like this. I think your getting the wrong end of the stick with what i'm saying. Club need to act on this ASAP Imo.

You're talking absolute nonsense here.

The less favourable treatment would be Barton getting sacked for the same offence that we didn't sack Ian Black for. That's where the religion card would be played.

There's no dig at Halliday in there whatsoever. The only person getting the wrong end of the stick here is you.

Its interesting the papers are all for it going all litigious so they have something to talk about. It could come down to some grown up conversations:

"Joey we dont think you are happy here - you have intimated you think you may have made a mistake. If so then we will pay you 3 months wages , terminate the contract and you can get yourself another club...ok?"

"Fair enough".

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the lawyer DOESN'T even mention Halliday in passing in the article -  never mind has a dig. Are you reading the right paper?

The lawyer is implying that after the bust up Barton got treated less favourable than Halliday because of his religion. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday and the guy who wrote the story is playing the sectarianism card. Club need the whole article retracted and threaten legal action on newspapers who wish to go down this route. Next you'll be saying is that i'm a paranoid proddy but the evidence is there even if it's only implied by the lawyer.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

The lawyer is implying that after the bust up Barton got treated less favourable than Halliday because of his religion. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday and the guy who wrote the story is playing the sectarianism card. Club need the whole article retracted and threaten to legal action on newspapers who wish to go down this route. Next you'll be saying is that i'm a paranoid proddy but the evidence is there even if it's only implied by the lawyer.

You're making a complete arse of yourself here.

Its been explained to you by several other posters exactly what that article means.

You should really just stop commenting on the matter now because you're so far off the mark with this it's unreal.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

The lawyer is implying that after the bust up Barton got treated less favourable than Halliday because of his religion. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday and the guy who wrote the story is playing the sectarianism card. Club need the whole article retracted and threaten to legal action on newspapers who wish to go down this route. Next you'll be saying is that i'm a paranoid proddy but the evidence is there even if it's only implied by the lawyer.

The mention of Joey's religion comes up when comparing his treatment to that of Ian Black's - not to do with Halliday.