All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The lawyer is implying that after the bust up Barton got treated less favourable than Halliday because of his religion. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday and the guy who wrote the story is playing the sectarianism card. Club need the whole article retracted and threaten to legal action on newspapers who wish to go down this route. Next you'll be saying is that i'm a paranoid proddy but the evidence is there even if it's only implied by the lawyer.

Sweetheart, deconstruct the article and read it in context - the lawyer is mentioning no such thing.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The lawyer is implying that after the bust up Barton got treated less favourable than Halliday because of his religion. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday and the guy who wrote the story is playing the sectarianism card. Club need the whole article retracted and threaten to legal action on newspapers who wish to go down this route. Next you'll be saying is that i'm a paranoid proddy but the evidence is there even if it's only implied by the lawyer.

I think you're reading more than is there. The claim of discrimination is based on him being treated differently to Black, not Halliday.

"He may be able to point to the Ian Black situation where another player was found to have breached the SFA gambling regulations and did not have his contract terminated."

Just now, JamieD said:

I think you're reading more than is there. The claim of discrimination is based on him being treated differently to Black, not Halliday.

"He may be able to point to the Ian Black situation where another player was found to have breached the SFA gambling regulations and did not have his contract terminated."

That is exactly it.

The Catholic card is another issue entirely and not remotely linked to Halliday.

12 minutes ago, JamieD said:

It all started with the bust up, then he proceeds and implies the gambling charges were to get rid of Barton. If you can't see what's being implied then so be it. Guy who wrote it and the lawyer are playing the sectarian card and the dig is at Halliday saying he was treated better because of beliefs. I've said my bit, end of. I just hope the club get onto it and nip it in the bud.

13 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The lawyer is implying that after the bust up Barton got treated less favourable than Halliday because of his religion. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday and the guy who wrote the story is playing the sectarianism card. Club need the whole article retracted and threaten legal action on newspapers who wish to go down this route. Next you'll be saying is that i'm a paranoid proddy but the evidence is there even if it's only implied by the lawyer.

DigIt.jpg

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

It all started with the bust up, then he proceeds on implies the gambling charges were to get rid of Barton. If you can't see what's being implied the so be it. Guy who wrote it and the lawyer are playing the sectarian card and the dig is at Halliday saying he was treated better because of beliefs. I've said my bit, end of I just hope the club get onto it and nip it in the bud.

You have indeed said your bit and it's obviously wrong. Your defensiveness on Halliday's part is endearing but misplaced. There is absolutely no grounds for any kind of legal response because there is no insinuation about Halliday at all. The club doesn't need to embarrass itself by fighting imaginary battles. The real ones are more important.

9 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Can't see the support being happy a guy signed a couple of months ago and being given a million pound pay off after 5 games.

You simply keep him here,train with the youths,Don't put him in the first team squad,Now and then put him on the bench and bring him on with a minute to go.

The club isn't in any position to throw around a million quid or more and Barton should be leaving on our terms not his.

so you end up paying him more for this!!,daft idea. He will just say I' here for 2 years then. Its simple, we reacch an agreement that suits both parties and hes free to play somewhere else in Januray. What that figure we cant comment as we dont know his salary and conditions. It will cost Rangser a lot of money though 

Don't agree with all of it - respect for Celtic shite, Brown handled himself well, mutual respect both Old Firm have for each other, he never went to USA because of convictions (one of my group there was in jail more recently for assaulting a copper and he got in no problem so why not Barton?)

i digress a bit, Boyds message overall is spot-on

JOEY BARTON has written his autobiography — but I won’t be buying it.

In my book he’s a disgrace.

He’s used Rangers and their supporters from the second he walked through the front door.

His conduct leaves me sick to my stomach and I urge all Ibrox fans to leave his hardback to gather dust on the shelves.

For me he only came here as a PR stunt, intent on creating a media circus.

It’s made some great copy but I find his behaviour nothing short of appalling.

He’s deliberately antagonised people at Rangers and at other clubs just to get himself in the headlines.

And his lack of respect really does anger me.

Mark Warburton has been made to look foolish for signing him in the first place with Barton giving him one headache after another.

This was the guy who was meant to be his big signing of the summer, the player the supporters were going to idolise and build their hopes on.

Instead, Barton has treated them all like mugs. He could have been a good signing had he come up the road from England with the right intentions.

With the way Rangers play it was perfectly suited for him to sit in front of the defence and get on the ball.

But he’s not been fit enough to get around the pitch and has been shown up.

I know the reason he didn’t go to America with his team-mates in the summer was because of his conviction.

But while they were slogging their guts out in the States he was strolling around at Glastonbury in his wellies.

Well, it seemed like he wore them when he played for Rangers too.

But that was all wrong, Barton should have been in at Murray Park training with the Under-20s to make sure he was in shape for the start of the season.

To be fair that was a decision which should have been made for him by the Rangers fitness coach.

But being as professional as possible part of his agenda, was it? I genuinely think he had it all planned, simply to come to Rangers to noise folk up and boost his book sales.

Put it this way, he arranged the big launch for his autobiography for tonight, when Rangers were due to play Queen of the South.

Barton has since been suspended by Rangers, and BT Sport moved the fixture by bringing it forward 24 hours so they could screen it live.

But what would have happened had Barton not been suspended and the game wasn’t on the TV? For me, the Ibrox club isn’t his priority and hasn’t been from day one.

Rangers has simply been a tool for him to create a frenzy which his publishers will no doubt love.

It’s been the kind of publicity money can’t buy.

No doubt Barton’s book will sell well in England anyway but it seems to me he’s been working overtime to create a market in Scotland which wasn’t there six months ago.

That’s why he’s caused one storm after another.

His taunts at Scott Brown and Brendan Rodgers were pathetic, so embarrassing it was untrue.

No Rangers player worth his salt gets involved in that kind of thing with anyone from Celtic.

Reason being there is a mutual respect for the club on the other side of the city.

When I played in Old Firm games I was as desperate as any Rangers fan to make sure we came out on top.

But I also had a respect for the players on the other side of the pitch. It’s the unwritten rule of being a Rangers or Celtic player.

For Barton to come out and attack Broony, insisting he’s not in his class, was cringeworthy.

Broony just lapped it up, refusing to bite, before completely dominating Barton at Celtic Park.

That’s the mark of an Old Firm player. Broony kept his mouth shut and let his football do the talking with Barton nowhere near him.

The same goes for his crass insults aimed at Rodgers.

Maybe some Rangers supporters laughed at his comments about the Celtic manager’s ‘teeth and tan.’ Not me.

I found it a personal attack which was totally lacking in class or respect. But that’s Barton, that’s the way he is.

Even last week when he was on talkSPORT, trying to give his version of events after being suspended by the club, he had me shaking my head.

I have managers I still call ‘gaffer’ from working with them years ago.

But here Barton was on national radio talking about how he was going to go into the club on Monday and have a face to face meeting with ‘Warbs.’ What an absolute cheek.

The whole thing was staggering and another example of how Barton thinks.

I just think it’s ludicrous if any Rangers supporter buys his book now because he’s made a mockery of them and their club.

Barton hasn’t treated them or Rangers with any respect whatsoever.

The sooner he’s shown the door the better because there’s no way he should be allowed to pull on that blue jersey again.

But that won’t bother him, in fact it’ll be what he wants.

He’s got himself into a position where the club will need to pay him a lot of money just to get shot of him.

Barton can just sit back and wait for his lawyer to strike a severance deal with Rangers then join another club in January.

All the while his book orders are probably going through the roof.

But I wouldn’t give it houseroom and I really hope Rangers fans feel the same way.